Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 23, 2004

Old     (tommyc)      Join Date: Nov 2003       09-14-2004, 1:16 PM Reply   
This story was just posted by the American Wakeboard Association.

The 2004 U.S. Wakeboard Team has been selected to compete in the World Wakeboard Council’s (WWC) fifth annual Wakeboard World Championships, Oct. 13-17, in Seville, Spain.

Athletes selected to the eight-member U.S. Wakeboard Team include: Robert Soven of Longwood, Fla., Boys; Steel Lafferty of Ft. Lauderdale, Fla., Boys; Austin Hair of Tega Cay, S.C., Junior Men; Derek Conway of Granite Bay, Calif., Junior Men; Tim Keepers of East Troy, Wis., Open Men; Jonathan Nadolski of Orlando, Fla., Open Men; Phillip Soven of Longwood, Fla., Pro Men; and Loren Levine of Madison, Wis., Pro Men. Mark Norwell of Arlington Heights, Ill., Masters; Jeff Solie of Orlando, Fla., Open Men; Denise Parris of Covina, Calif., Open Women; and Patty Hicks of Wheeling, Ill., Girls, were selected as alternates.

Selections were made by the American Wakeboard Association (AWA) following the 2004 Malibu USA Wakeboard Championships. The U.S. Wakeboard Team is seeking to win its first team gold medal at the Worlds. The team earned the silver medal at the 2003 Worlds in Brisbane, Australia.
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       09-14-2004, 1:19 PM Reply   
Congrats Tom on your son being selected. I'd love to see him ride in person one of these days. I've seen you guys around the delta in passing a bunch of times. We'll have to hook up so I could watch him from the boat sometime.

Peace
Evan
Old     (tommyc)      Join Date: Nov 2003       09-14-2004, 1:25 PM Reply   
Is that your boat? I have seen it many times.

Derek got a call telling him he was selected to represent his country. He was all smiles. It is such a great opportuniy.
Old     (wakeguru)      Join Date: Feb 2003       09-14-2004, 1:27 PM Reply   
Congrats on your son's selection.

I noticed we have two selections from both Wisconsin and Illinois. Just goes to show how this sport is taking off across the country - and the world.
Old     (tommyc)      Join Date: Nov 2003       09-14-2004, 1:49 PM Reply   
This copetition is tuff. There are so many good riders from Australia, S. Africa, Brazil, England and more. The team we have for this year should do pretty well, but it is not a lay down.
Old     (lzyboy)      Join Date: Jun 2001       09-14-2004, 3:05 PM Reply   
CONGRATS - Glad to see Derek being selected - he rips!!!

btw - Do you guys have a HB @ Shasta / Digger Bay? I saw the boat in your profile tied up to a houseboat that docks across to one I stay @ every couple weeks @ Shasta?

- = peace =-
Aaron
Old     (512boarder)      Join Date: Jul 2004       09-14-2004, 4:24 PM Reply   
is your boat in the article about 17 riders ripping up shasta lake in the oct. wakeboarding magazine?
Old     (tommyc)      Join Date: Nov 2003       09-14-2004, 5:18 PM Reply   
Aaron, we have a HB @ Silverthorne. We tied up at Bridge Bay during the fire.

Nick, Yes that is my (baddass) boat! It's for sale...gettin' my 05.
Old    wsrmatt            09-14-2004, 5:48 PM Reply   
who did the selecting?
Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       09-14-2004, 6:11 PM Reply   
I can just picture the proud look on your face, Tom! Congrats to Derek!, and the rest of the team!

Just curious, but I'm trying to figure out who Denise Parris is. I know she rode well at Nationals, but if she is from Covina, I would think that I would have seen her ride before.

(Message edited by socalwakepunk on September 14, 2004)
Old     (tommyc)      Join Date: Nov 2003       09-14-2004, 7:40 PM Reply   
Matt, they had a board of mainly people from the PWT.

Yeh Jeff, I don't know her either. I guess she is good. And yes, it was really great for Derek to get the call.
Old     (wakedude83)      Join Date: Apr 2004       09-14-2004, 9:23 PM Reply   
Tim Keepers rips yo.
Old     (lizrd)      Join Date: Jul 2002       09-15-2004, 4:25 AM Reply   
Yes, he does! (And you're not so bad at ripping either, Nick!)
Old     (wazzy)      Join Date: Nov 2001       09-15-2004, 6:14 AM Reply   
Congrats to all, espically our bros (and gal) from the MW

Tim Keepers of East Troy, Wis., Loren Levine of Madison, Wis., Mark Norwell of Arlington Heights, Ill., Patty Hicks of Wheeling, Ill.

Old     (radikal)      Join Date: Feb 2004       09-15-2004, 6:46 AM Reply   
Congrats everybody, adn specially Derek, here in Montreal, i heard about him, some guys here with who i ride with know him and they tell me that he is a real sick young rider, Keep On Derek !!
Old     (teamvaldez)      Join Date: Apr 2003       09-15-2004, 8:10 AM Reply   
Hey Tom, just make sure that his hair isn't long around his face, I can just see it now, Derek...representing the United States with a Mullet!! LOL!! We are all real proud of him, see ya at worlds!
Old     (tommyc)      Join Date: Nov 2003       09-15-2004, 8:17 AM Reply   
Today...He is getting a haircut Today!!!
Old    cdubs            09-15-2004, 3:16 PM Reply   
Sounds awesome Tom. Tell Derek good luck and rip it up. See you two around. Lates