Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (jasonmurray12)      Join Date: Oct 2009       02-12-2012, 10:49 PM Reply   
Thought i'd share our little vid me and my friends made from up her in southern Alberta of all or boating summer adventures. Lots of fun! summers are waaaay to short here!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=Yd42Zdv5doI

Last edited by jasonmurray12; 02-12-2012 at 10:50 PM. Reason: wrong video link
Old     (jfergus7)      Join Date: Jul 2011       02-12-2012, 10:59 PM Reply   
Looked like a lot of fun. Few hard wakeboard falls and the biker that crashed into the ramp was hilarious!
Old     (juniorhawk)      Join Date: Jul 2004 Location: New England       02-13-2012, 1:53 AM Reply   
Like: Dude wobbling on bmx bike down hill, crashing into ramp prematurely.

Really, really, really, really, really, really, really didn't like seeing an infant being held dangerously like that near prop wash, exhaust, and whatever other dangers you can think of regarding an infant that can't swim. Completely unnecessary risk.

Last edited by juniorhawk; 02-13-2012 at 2:01 AM.
Old     (juniorhawk)      Join Date: Jul 2004 Location: New England       02-13-2012, 7:53 AM Reply   
Not a fan of this part. Scares me, as a parent of a few young beans. I want to get them on the water as bad as the next guy. But... not like this.
Attached Images

Old     (jfergus7)      Join Date: Jul 2011       02-13-2012, 8:06 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by juniorhawk View Post
Not a fan of this part. Scares me, as a parent of a few young beans. I want to get them on the water as bad as the next guy. But... not like this.
Agree with you about this. I thought the same thing when I saw it.
Old     (wakecrzy2000)      Join Date: Apr 2004       02-13-2012, 10:15 AM Reply   
sick vid! Have you guys not seen the Park Documentary? He was on the water when he was 6 months! point being different parents do different things, leave it at that.
Old     (juniorhawk)      Join Date: Jul 2004 Location: New England       02-13-2012, 11:07 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakecrzy2000 View Post
sick vid! Have you guys not seen the Park Documentary? He was on the water when he was 6 months! point being different parents do different things, leave it at that.
Sounds like you're not a parent, especially a parent of an infant. I am.

Parks was taught by being towed by the low stern hook of a small inboard ski boat running just over idle speed, from a beach, and several people in the water with him. He was not held feet away from the swim platform of a loud chugging ballast laden wake boat, going at speed, churning up a bunch of prop wash and a rooster tail. And being held, by someone, they themselves riding a board of sorts. And I won't get into it but my man didn't look like he was a professional wakesurfer. Sorry dude.

Yes you're right, different parents do, do different things. To me, that looks really f**king unsafe and I'm not a fan. Sorry if you don't think that's right. Parks looks like he's in a little bit more control of the situation than the lil buddy above. Not trying to tell anyone how to parent, I am just saying that I wasn't comfortable with it. Nor was my wife, for what it's worth. I did ask for a second opinion. This isn't that hard to be uncomfortable with.
Attached Images

Old     (ScottR)      Join Date: Aug 2011       02-13-2012, 11:14 AM Reply   
My question is just why would you do it. I have 4 kids, and all were on the water very young. Never would I think to even do that. I just don't see the point to it? Why would you even consider it to be a solid idea?

I too, don't want to throw him under the bus but c'mon. As a parent you just have to be smarter than that. I am also not sure he was the "parent" in this situation which poses a whole new issue to me!
Old     (boomshot)      Join Date: Jan 2008       02-13-2012, 11:23 AM Reply   
First thing I thought of. I'm a parent of a 5 year old. So not an infant per se. But yeah I'd never.
Attached Images

Old     (yeahhh)      Join Date: Feb 2011       02-13-2012, 3:58 PM Reply   
whoa, dad patrol here. watch out
Old     (brhanley)      Join Date: Jun 2001       02-13-2012, 4:07 PM Reply   
Wow, Parks was a tank at 6 months old! As for the baby thing, silly Canadians...I know I would've been out in the doghouse had I tried that with my daughter when she was that age.
Old     (Tsg137)      Join Date: Jul 2011       02-13-2012, 4:42 PM Reply   
What is the water toy (bike?) around the 2:20--2:30 mark? It looks interesting...
Old     (juniorhawk)      Join Date: Jul 2004 Location: New England       02-13-2012, 7:46 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsg137 View Post
What is the water toy (bike?) around the 2:20--2:30 mark? It looks interesting...
AquaSkipper
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       02-13-2012, 8:39 PM Reply   
It made me think of this:

Old     (boomshot)      Join Date: Jan 2008       02-13-2012, 9:09 PM Reply   
It made me think of this...
Only because it made me think about how wildly different one parent's views on safety/appropriateness can be from another's.

Last edited by boomshot; 02-13-2012 at 9:13 PM.
Old     (smitty1258)      Join Date: Jun 2009       02-14-2012, 5:37 AM Reply   
Good video
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       02-14-2012, 7:50 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsg137 View Post
What is that thing! Looks like a fun toy to have around the house.
Old     (bigboarder21)      Join Date: Jan 2012       02-14-2012, 8:37 AM Reply   
that was a really cool video, reminds me of all the summer fun that my family has had at the lake. what was that song?
Old     (jasonmurray12)      Join Date: Oct 2009       02-15-2012, 10:22 PM Reply   
Hahah wow thanks for the wonderful visual presentation on bad parenting everyone! I didnt mean to startle anyone with that short clip. I actually wish i hadnt even posted that now. ya it really is crazy how people interpret things differently. just so yall have a little better of an idea about that fraction of the video, it Was something that we realized to be pretty dumb, and definitely isnt gonna happen again, but in my defence and the defence of my family, we are not retards ( as hard as it may be to believe lol. ) That is my nephew (im 18) that is being held by his father. We LOVE that child!! And so does his parents. We would never throw a one year old out there with his father without thinking at least some things through. I really dont know what the motivation was for having him going for a surf with his pops other than maybe a good picture? I think it was actually more something of our pride; wanting to see our pride and joy doing some cool stuff.. i dont know. any who, he was laughing all day watching everyone surf ( like hysterical laughing) and then my sister ( his mother) actually thought of the whole thing thinking that maybe he would like it even more being out there. We werent as worried then, i dont think, as i kinda am now, probably because he had been around the water so much. he has been in a pool parent and tot program thing so we werent worried about some water splashing in his face and we never have really thought about exhaust cause we have some surfing exhaust thing so even though i guess that never removes it 100% it never crossed my mind for what its worth. In the end he didnt DIE !! and your crazy if you think anyone got out of their un scathed: The grandmas were furious!!! And even with people on the back of the swim platform ready to hop in and help if needed, him wearing a lifejacket that actually fit better than it appears, his dad holding onto him nice and tight, us in the boat going slower than normal surfing speed, and his dad obviously not riding with the board kissing the swim platform (he has way more control than that) his dad actually figured that he wouldnt do it again, especially not with the next child and it was pretty pointless cause it didnt even phase him. no giggles, noo screams. Maybe he was just in shock!!! anywho, thanks for watching anyways! It never would have occurred to me that this would be the center of conversation, i thought maybe like my friend's face eating the ramp or something ( he actually put his knee through it as well). Im so glad there are such concerned responsible parents out there that i dont even know (no sarcasm,... only slightly haha) and sorry if it seems like im taking this lightly? but it is a thing of the past and i know better than anyone else here what kind of awesome parents that boy has. people make mistakes fools make them twice...?
ps. the bike thing is called and AquaSkipper, as has been previously mentioned. they are super fun. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQW3w...eature=related
pps. the song is Wild Ones by Flo Rida ft Sia
Old     (robandrus)      Join Date: Feb 2002       02-17-2012, 1:38 PM Reply   
Thanks for sharing. Loved it. Seriously looks like a ton of fun. Loved how you showed crashes etc.
As for the baby thing. I've got 4 of my own and t doesn't bug me at all. The kid had a life jacket. We've surfed/ wakeboarded/ tubed many times with the little ones, you take the kids into consideration and make it fun for them.

Thanks again for sharing. Loved it.