Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 20, 2007

Old     (bwog21)      Join Date: Aug 2006       06-04-2007, 7:38 PM Reply   
i can get the spin down but the second handle pass seems impossible, just looking for some pointers. Also i cant generate enough spin for my heel front 5, any suggestions would help.
Old     (bbking)      Join Date: Dec 2006       06-04-2007, 8:40 PM Reply   
my only tip is bring a camera, i want to see everything from attepmts to the landing... that'd make a sick youtube video!
Old     (dnp33)      Join Date: Jan 2007       06-04-2007, 8:42 PM Reply   
land blind
Old     (westsidarider)      Join Date: Feb 2003       06-04-2007, 8:59 PM Reply   
toeside 3s landing blind or passing the handle. grab them. get them everytime. then go back to 7. also it helps to have the handle in tight so you can give it a good yank after the first handle pass.

im tryin to get my 7 down as well. i can land with the handle but i either slip out or bounce on the landing. the above advice is what i have been given and what im workin on
Old     (bwog21)      Join Date: Aug 2006       06-04-2007, 10:04 PM Reply   
hey i'll try to get the video out tomorrow. Either way it will be entertaining.
Old     (ty540)      Join Date: Nov 2001       06-04-2007, 11:30 PM Reply   
Bryan, off-axis or straight?

Jason, if you bounce on the landing it's probably because you're not spotting your landing quite right. Whenever I bounce it's due to having too much weight on my heels. Make a point of looking at the shore behind the boat and this will be less likely to happen.
Old     (bwog21)      Join Date: Aug 2006       06-04-2007, 11:45 PM Reply   
straight... everytime i try to throw off axis i cant spot my landings right, i will try to look at the shore b/c mostly i look towards to board when i spot, that might help. Video tomarrow of the attempts.
Old     (wakedude83)      Join Date: Apr 2004       06-05-2007, 6:09 AM Reply   
Bryan,I learned the TS 720 on axis last year and what I found most important was 1)An extra boost as you edge up the wake and 2) Not thinking about the 540, but rather just thinking about the last handle pass the whole time. Landing blind turned out to be too hard for me because I slipped out too much. If you can think about getting that last handle pass and sticking your chest out as you land, you'll get it. Be patient, it's a hard trick and it takes a while to land!
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       06-05-2007, 6:58 AM Reply   
I spot my landing blind, behind me, actually looking back at the second wake when I land. This puts you in a great position to land blind, which is way easier than the last handle pass. Also try to grab the second pass early, before your body is at 540, that way your stay rotating. Keep your head in the spin, dont look at the boat or the wake at 540 this will stop you from spining. Once you do enouhg of them you know the second you hit the wake if you are going to land it.
Old     (wakeriderixi)      Join Date: Jan 2004       06-05-2007, 8:00 AM Reply   
Not hating on others but it's kinda nice to see some 'advanced' trick help on here instead of your typical tantrum, backroll, and 360!
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       06-05-2007, 8:46 AM Reply   
no doubt.
Old     (steve_jones)      Join Date: Jun 2006       06-05-2007, 8:06 PM Reply   
I skip out almost every time when I try to land this (or even a TS3) wrappedblind.

The key for me was to really pump off the wake and make the second handle pass.

It doesn't hurt to do a HC 180, then a TS 3, a few times each, and then go for it. It's not easy, so you have to dedicate a set or two to it.
Old     (bwog21)      Join Date: Aug 2006       06-06-2007, 12:31 PM Reply   
video of three attempts from yesterday.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=Alq6TuXCucM
Old     (wakedude83)      Join Date: Apr 2004       06-06-2007, 12:36 PM Reply   
Much easier to help out when I can see a video! First off, you need to lengthen your rope. Unfortunately, you're probly not gonna land a 7 if you are landing 5 feet outside the wake, and a longer rope will allow more hangtime. Also, you need to keep a more progressive edge. Cut out much shorter and take a softer approach to keep your spin and pop more manageable. If I were you I'd keep going for that handle pass by the way.
Old     (kaesen)      Join Date: Jan 2007       06-10-2007, 4:24 PM Reply   
you need to wait longer after your pop then spin your first 180 slow, then finish the rest. when you land, look at the shore line behind you.
Old     (shredsickgnar)      Join Date: Sep 2006       06-10-2007, 10:15 PM Reply   
I would suggest thinking of it like a 540 to blind. Like get the 5 solid then pull it around for the last handle pass. When I am thinking 7 off the wake my attempts look like that. I physic myself out and won't even get the handle pass on the 5. But when I think 5 then blind, I get much much closer.
Old     (wakedude83)      Join Date: Apr 2004       06-11-2007, 6:18 AM Reply   
On the other hand, thinking 5 to blind can mess you up if you are handle passing both times.