Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 13, 2007

Old     (spin2win)      Join Date: Feb 2006       04-20-2007, 6:04 PM Reply   
I thought this would be a fun thread. Post your biggest pet peeve when you are on the water. My biggest pet peeve is the wakeboard driver that decided to do a POWER TURN to pick up his or her rider when they are down.
Old     (future)      Join Date: Sep 2005       04-20-2007, 6:11 PM Reply   
When there is a line of people waiting to launch and some idiot starts getting his boat ready on the ramp instead of in the staging area!
Old     (mac_attack)      Join Date: Oct 2003       04-20-2007, 6:21 PM Reply   
Jet skiers are on the lake...

Tubers on the good water....

The winds pick up.....
Old     (wakegenie)      Join Date: Sep 2006       04-20-2007, 6:27 PM Reply   
when people sit/ swim off / stand / fish off/ etc...the dock as if it is their own private dock when there is a bunch of people waiting to come in/ go out

when careless tubers or just boat drivers in general cut in front of our boat so close that we have to slow down cause of their wake or so close to me that they inter fear with my wake, and/or possibly knock me off balance
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       04-20-2007, 6:35 PM Reply   
When I handle drop a 1080.....
Old     (no_tools)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-20-2007, 6:37 PM Reply   
hot chicks on a ugly boat
Old     (kottonm0uthking4)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-20-2007, 6:41 PM Reply   
When my ballocks slap against the water Owie
Old     (aces6692)      Join Date: Nov 2006       04-20-2007, 6:42 PM Reply   
people that just sit at the dock with their boat forever and dont move
Old     (liquidmx)      Join Date: Jun 2005       04-20-2007, 7:01 PM Reply   
Injuries that keep you from riding!
Old    kidrik            04-20-2007, 7:21 PM Reply   
I flash the boat bun, and they don't flash me back!

Oh DAMN......maybe THAT'S why..........

I change my answer to "Guys that flash the boat bun!"
Old     (itsmebudro)      Join Date: Nov 2005       04-20-2007, 8:22 PM Reply   
when people fish in the good coves and get a hook caught in your seats while your boats at the dock
Old     (deltarat)      Join Date: Mar 2007       04-20-2007, 8:22 PM Reply   
jet skiers...you know the rest.
Old     (carcrz)      Join Date: Mar 2006       04-20-2007, 8:26 PM Reply   
People in the way @ the dock.

People that have no courtesy for others around them.
Old     (otiswunguy)      Join Date: Apr 2002       04-20-2007, 10:54 PM Reply   
you wake up from a night of partying after a day of riding to find this...
Upload
or when you finally get finished building your kicker and before you get to use it...
Upload
Upload
or when the cops can't find anything better to do...
Upload
Upload
Old     (otiswunguy)      Join Date: Apr 2002       04-20-2007, 10:55 PM Reply   
you wake up from a night of partying after a day of riding to find this...

or when you finally get finished building your kicker and before you get to use it...

or when the cops can't find anything better to do...

Old    murrayair            04-20-2007, 11:32 PM Reply   
...when fishermen put up home-made 5 mph signs and expect you to obey them. And when you don't they move their boat directly in the middle of your line.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       04-21-2007, 1:32 AM Reply   
i hate it when 70 yr old SOB's in a damn pontoon boat try to run over the handle. for some reason, their boat won't start after that. Hmmm.... Wonder why?
Old     (captain_vilfo)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-21-2007, 5:43 AM Reply   
i hate putting sunscreen on every 5 minutes cuase i cant enjoy wakeboard without getting a burn
Old     (hyperlink)      Join Date: Nov 2003       04-21-2007, 7:17 AM Reply   
it's a beautiful day and im working..... and watching everyone drive by pulling their boats!!!
Old    xtremebordgurl            04-21-2007, 7:17 AM Reply   
people who have no respect for you as the boat owner and the boat and when they ride they just stand there and cruise arround the lake for an hour+, use up all the good water and then don't pay for gas and don't help with clean up. Argh!
Old    xtremebordgurl            04-21-2007, 7:20 AM Reply   
oh, and having absolutely perfect conditions on days when everyone else is working. End up just taking the boat out by myself to swim and admire the water, and not be able to ride it. Joys of working nights.
Old     (airagain)      Join Date: Jun 2006       04-21-2007, 10:17 AM Reply   
Two things...

When it is the beginning of the season and the water is a nice brisk 59 degrees. I put on my spring suit, step in my board and am getting ready to ride. I jump in and my breath is taken away by the coldness of the water..I am ready to go NOW. One of the kids throws out the handle and the driver starts to take up the slack. There it is...the huge knot in the rope. Happens all the time. I hate it when that happens.

People who have no clue the effort that goes in to taking the boat(or boats in my case) out drive me crazy. Guest will come out on the houseboat for the weekend with their kids. Eat, drink, party, make a mess and wakeboard behind the 210. Then come Sunday, when we pull in to the dock, they will grab their stuff and jump of boat and head to the car. As they are going they turn to see the 3 hours of work ahead of me and say "Thanks".(Not everyone is like this. Most of my friends are always a great help)
Old     (tahoeguy7)      Join Date: Sep 2006       04-21-2007, 10:26 AM Reply   
People who tube behind an $70,000 wakeboard boat.

People who pull in the middle of the launch ramp and then spend an hour there getting the boat ready when they should have done that before they went down the ramp.
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       04-21-2007, 10:33 AM Reply   
People that get angry while they're riding. Absolutely ridonkulous! You're out on the water not working and enjoying some wakeboarding. If you're getting pissed off, I don't want you coming out with me.

Second on the list would be people that have to get back on the boat to put their board back on. It doesn't happen as much these days cuz the bindings seem to stay on better, but if you can't put your boots on in the water, go get some new boots!
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       04-21-2007, 11:04 AM Reply   
I pull a tube behind a $70,000 wakeboard boat. Should I buy a separate boat to pull my kids on the tube?
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       04-21-2007, 11:05 AM Reply   
david, happens a lot w/ newbies...i don't mind it so much. if they're flyin' outta their bindings, it means they're takin' big wrecks. i like big wrecks! and if they're putting the board back on, they're troopers in my eyes!
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       04-21-2007, 11:07 AM Reply   
dave, yep...time for you to get a new boat. don't you know that wakeboard boats are for wakeboarding only?

people who get pissed off at people cause they tube behind their $70k boat.
Old     (nwsjake10)      Join Date: Feb 2007       04-21-2007, 11:12 AM Reply   
how about the the WOMEN BOAT DRIVERS?!!??!?! now agreed, not ALL horrible, but seriously..women have 0 idea of what driving a boat is!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       04-21-2007, 11:15 AM Reply   
I agree 100%.... Less expensive boats like mine are made for tube pulling.
Upload
Upload

***thinking to myself.....why is it the people who don't have 70K wakeboats, are the same ones who randomly post on these forms they're irritated by the things people do with their 70K boats***
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       04-21-2007, 11:49 AM Reply   
Yeah, beginners are a whole different ball of wax. I'm talking about intermediate and advanced riders that should know how to put their bindings on in the water.

Even if they don't fall out of their bindings, I usually have to get the beginners close to the swim step to turn them back over on their backs!
Old     (richd)      Join Date: Oct 2003       04-21-2007, 11:57 AM Reply   
"People who tube behind an $70,000 wakeboard boat."

How about just a wakeboard boat being $70,000?Upload
Old     (mcwakerider)      Join Date: Dec 2006       04-21-2007, 12:01 PM Reply   
my gf pulls me when i ride and she does great. my mom used to pull my dad through the slalom course. My gf has been in some sticky situations when i was riding and she came out fine!!!
Old     (jovedawake)      Join Date: Mar 2006       04-21-2007, 12:12 PM Reply   
sounds like a cool gf
Old     (j3t_m3ch)      Join Date: Jun 2006       04-21-2007, 12:26 PM Reply   
haha...I agree, I remember a post that somebody put about perfect pass saving his marriage That is tuff though, going from 15 to 30 ...then back to 16...then 28. Good times. I agree with bess too....when people dont help out with gas and or even offering to help with the boat...
Old     (hawk7)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-21-2007, 12:55 PM Reply   
I hate when people buy wake specific boats, fill up ballast, buy fatsacs so the wake is HUGE, then they tube. THEY TUBE!! behind an '07 X-Star, Super Air Nautique, Malibu, ive seen it done, its tragic. it keeps me up at night! and the way boat drivers drive tubers, up a river, they go just a little faster than you and swerve right in front of you, and they go right into a patch of butter! whyyyyyy?!!???!!!!!??? thats why i always bring one of these, <br>[IMG]http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i45/TREVORSPHOTOS_2006/arrow.jpg[/IMG]<br>nothing pops a tube better
Old     (tahoeguy7)      Join Date: Sep 2006       04-21-2007, 1:51 PM Reply   
I think I should start carrying one of those as well.
Old     (keith2002)      Join Date: Apr 2006       04-21-2007, 1:58 PM Reply   
nwsjake10 - My wife pulls me all the time and she drives the boat better than most people I know. Enjoy your sword fest on your boat
Old     (dstockton)      Join Date: Jun 2006       04-21-2007, 2:20 PM Reply   
When you get on the lake at 6:30 in the morning for the good water and you're the only boat out there until the bayliner shows up with figure eights and power turns. Never once did they pull anyone in the water. Thats what happen this morning.
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       04-21-2007, 2:29 PM Reply   
Yea, my girlfriend grew up fishing with her dad. She drives a boat better then any of my retard wakeboard buddies.
Old     (rio_sanger)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-21-2007, 2:36 PM Reply   
sit-downs jumping the wake behind a rider

(Message edited by rio_sanger on April 21, 2007)
Old     (dlwsrider)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-21-2007, 2:51 PM Reply   
When old people in their pontoon boats yell at you for having a decent sized wake.
Old    K.B.C.            04-21-2007, 3:15 PM Reply   
people that pull tubes behind their $70k wakeboats
Old     (mcwakerider)      Join Date: Dec 2006       04-21-2007, 3:29 PM Reply   
good girl drivers are ones that actually want to drive... i know of a girl that grew up on a lake and never drove a boat... her family has a houseboat. I'm very thankful that my gf is willing to drive... she even backs down the trailer.... lol...
Old     (stwake)      Join Date: Apr 2006       04-21-2007, 9:11 PM Reply   
drivers that juice you out of the water thinking your a skier ...

drivers that drive a constant loop so your always hitting the old wake..

people who think and talk like they are pro.. then go out behind the boat and do nothing then say the conditions were bad (bull)...

your the only one with a day off and its your only one.. so you just go out by yourself and sit on the boat wishing you were riding...

dads that randomly buy you a 17K JET BOAT when the wake sucks and everything else about it does too...

living in NY were you can only ride half the year...

the water is 38 degrees and the driver takes ten min. before he pulls you after a fall...

living on a river that never has butter other than at 5 in the morning...

working weekends that everyone has off...

tourist that rent boats and have no clue what they are doing...

locals that purposly tube all around and through your line so you are pissed off enough to leave...

when all the butter has 10 sport cruisers all tied together right in the middle of your line...

when you take someone wakeboarding and they get done wakeboarding and all they do is complain about your boat...

the guy that always wants to be on your boat but when he isnt he says you have know life because your always on your boat...

i hate that i let all this me!!
Old     (kamakazeboy)      Join Date: Jun 2005       04-21-2007, 10:25 PM Reply   
I am so glad to have a wife who is an excellent driver.
Old     (kevin_lsv23)      Join Date: Oct 2006       04-21-2007, 11:53 PM Reply   
PEOPLE HATE
Old     (kevin_lsv23)      Join Date: Oct 2006       04-21-2007, 11:58 PM Reply   
I hate it when "serious wakeboarders" ask for pull, have me fill the ballast, drop the wedge, and then are too chicken to actually hit the wake hard.
Old     (kevin_lsv23)      Join Date: Oct 2006       04-21-2007, 11:59 PM Reply   
I hate it when people try to over-classify everyone and everything.
Old     (kevin_lsv23)      Join Date: Oct 2006       04-22-2007, 12:03 AM Reply   
I hate it when I have to put gas in the boat.
Old     (kevin_lsv23)      Join Date: Oct 2006       04-22-2007, 12:09 AM Reply   
I hate what Clay and Scott said. But you guys are still welcome on my boat, just bring gas money and try not to trip over the other two tow hooks that are not on the tower.
Old     (kevin_lsv23)      Join Date: Oct 2006       04-22-2007, 12:11 AM Reply   
I hate that Joe still has more than 10,000 more posts than me.
Old     (kevin_lsv23)      Join Date: Oct 2006       04-22-2007, 12:13 AM Reply   
I hate that I have to add another post so that someone won't think I was serious about the last post.
Old     (rvh3)      Join Date: Jul 2003       04-22-2007, 12:21 AM Reply   
I need new boots or a workout regime. By the time i get mine back on, I'm half winded and it ruins my half-a$$ run.
Old     (puckinshat)      Join Date: Sep 2003       04-22-2007, 12:23 AM Reply   
The hardest part about breaking up with my ex-GF was that I invested 2 summers in making her the best boat driver I have ever met. Girls can be very good boat drivers, you just have to teach them correctly.

I hate it when people try to pay me with beer while on the water for pulls. All my friends know I don't drink while on the boat, but they still try to give it to me anyways. Never any cash. Some people just don't get it. And these are the same people who will spend $150 on a round of golf but you can't throw me a $20 for some gas. Come on dude
Old     (pearsonville)      Join Date: Feb 2002       04-22-2007, 7:10 AM Reply   
Tubers ruining the sweet water... do it mid day while no one is wakeboarding... and if you see a wakeboarder or skier... stop let them go ahead of you...
Old     (longhornfan)      Join Date: Oct 2005       04-22-2007, 8:36 AM Reply   
I got one better Mark. Even though I don't drink much on the boat, I buy alot of beer. So when the buddy that works at the liquor store shows up and you think, at least he'll bring plenty of beer and that'll mean more of my cash in the gas tank, he shows up with a six pack. He drinks five and then figures that he pitched in since one became community.

I finaly let him know he needed to come with some gas money or a bigger box from his place of employment. I don't mind it so much when it's people who mostly come along for the ride but this guy always wants lots of pulls.

He doesn't do it now. I think he just didn't realize it was rude. Some people you just gotta' educate.
Old     (bbking)      Join Date: Dec 2006       04-22-2007, 8:45 AM Reply   
i gotta say i was pretty annoyed yesterday, i was the only one in the lake, but somehow all the fishermen had to show off their boats right next to my riding and then all the people who would go right by me before i was getting up just so the cold water could rush over my head when there was plenty of room!

riding was fun though :-)
Old     (captain_542)      Join Date: Oct 2006       04-22-2007, 8:52 AM Reply   
people who you give a pull and then complain about your wake.
Old     (jwr)      Join Date: Jan 2006       04-22-2007, 1:24 PM Reply   
1. When you take girls out and they are like, I wanna tube. I'm like, you can learn to surf, or wakeboard.... they are like "no, I probably couldn't", me "I could teach you", they go "I'll just tube." I'm like, "no you can wakeboard, surf, or sit on the boat."

2. Riding with "know it alls" about wakeboarding who dont know ****

3. people parking in my line

4. other boaters not wanting to share my line.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       04-22-2007, 1:46 PM Reply   
If you don't have a tube then nobody can ask to tube. My in-laws sold their boat and dropped off their tube (a big newish fancy one) at my house. I gave it to the neighbor.

I hate it when... people who just learned to wakeboard are butting in and giving advice when I trying to teach someone else.
Old     (mkperceptions)      Join Date: Jan 2007       04-22-2007, 2:15 PM Reply   
I hate it when I have to shut down someones offer for cash to ride, and that is all it takes LOL. I go out so I don't expect people to give me cash to ride but hey offer to pay for the launch or something. I know when I offer money to pay for anything and my friends wont let me I atleast stick it in there glovebox so they can find it later :-)
Old     (pwningjr)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-22-2007, 2:25 PM Reply   
I hate it when people feel the need to prove "the man's" theory that all boaters are rich by buying $70k "wakeboarding" boats and not even owning a wakeboard. It's cool if you're like a pro or something and do it every day, but for a weekend warrior, why?
Old     (class4sanger)      Join Date: Jun 2006       04-22-2007, 3:02 PM Reply   
The POWER U TURN AAAHHHHHH!!!!!
Old     (abhoe157)      Join Date: Feb 2007       04-22-2007, 4:01 PM Reply   
when people tube into your new dock....Saw it first hand today it was freakin hilarious, yet dangerous all at the same time.
Old     (play3r)      Join Date: Mar 2007       04-22-2007, 4:53 PM Reply   
Well I just bought a new board, and I'm letting my missus's little brother use it aswell, then when he's done he tells me that my boards crap and he doesn't like my bindings either, I have my old board for him to use but seeing as his parents are always there I can't make him use the old board because I look like the bad guy then. Everything own is the wrong thing to own and everything he thinks is the best is the best even though he gets to use all my gear for free.
Old     (woohoo)      Join Date: Jun 2006       04-23-2007, 11:37 AM Reply   
The guy in the fishing boat who parks right in the middle of the only good straight spot on my lake. Then once we change our line he moves in front of that one too, all afternoon long we fought this guy as he kept moving in out way.

Also the people who plough along at 10mph destroying the lake totally.
Old    nwwakerider            04-23-2007, 12:54 PM Reply   
when people drive there loud jet boats at 60mph across butter for hours

when people say they can wakeboard then cant get up and blame it on your boat or your board
Old     (denwbaseball)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-23-2007, 1:20 PM Reply   
When you take friends out to ride then after an hour on the water all they want to do is park the boat and drink!
Old     (desertcajun)      Join Date: Feb 2007       04-23-2007, 1:24 PM Reply   
I never understood why people run 100k plus offshore boats and put them in the lake ????
Then after they get done chopping up the lake they anchor right in your way!! One time this fat old bastard was anchored right in my line on the only butter on the lake and kept cursing me every time I edged to close to him. Fishing boats are for fishing!! offshore boats are for offshore!! Wakeboard boats are the top of the food chain!!! Stay out of the way!!! And if you are going to rent a freakin boat at least read the boating do's and dont's they have available at every launch ramp and remember if you are a newb at the boating thing, there is only one rule. Every body around you has the right away!!!!!!!!!
Old     (aldrichiii)      Join Date: Apr 2006       04-23-2007, 1:38 PM Reply   
When the elderly neighbors in your grandpa's condos (where my boat is) don't want to put the pier in until the end of May, and not having a trailer.
Old     (wakeboardin)      Join Date: Apr 2001       04-23-2007, 1:41 PM Reply   
I hate it when I eat Lasagna it makes me gassy.