Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 04, 2006

Old     (joeshmoe)      Join Date: Jan 2003       07-31-2006, 11:09 AM Reply   
i will be out at table rock lake, Missuri, from the 13th to the 20th. does anyone live around that area or have been in the area? i am looking for any information on the area, best lake, best Restaurant, best ribs? any must see items? this is a family vacation, any information would be appreciated.
Old     (craigystyle_05)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-31-2006, 11:30 AM Reply   
table rock is awesome... its pretty rough though so u gotta drive around but u can find some awesome coves.... on the arkansas side of the lake is really smooth alot of the time and up on the far north side of the lake is usually smooth
Old     (rooster_cogburn)      Join Date: Feb 2006       07-31-2006, 11:45 AM Reply   
I was on Table Rock, yesterday. IT was not rough at all. On Holiday weekends it gets pretty choppy.

Best water: Cape Fair, Shell Knob, Kimberling areas
Best Food: Jill's Bar-b-Q, Hwy 13 south @ RB in Lampe Great ribs, and Onion Rings.
Lots of stuff in Branson if you want to eat there.

Zoe's on 265 & 76 Silver Dollar city :-) Great Greek Food.

Air Temp (yesterday) 98.7° Water ~90°

Marinas: Kimberling (biggest) Indian Point (closest to SDC) State Park (closest to Branson) Long Creek (closest to Arkansas), Cape fair and Shell knob. Public Use areas and launches all over the lake.

You also have Taneycomo (colder, small but long)
Bull Shoals (miles and miles of glass) and Beaver lake all in the area.
Old    live2wakeboard            07-31-2006, 12:00 PM Reply   
Tablerock is sweet my aunt owns a cabin up there!! U just have to drive around for smooth water!!! The cliffs are cool to!!
Old     (carcrz)      Join Date: Mar 2006       07-31-2006, 12:36 PM Reply   
If you are going during the week, the water is usually pretty smooth. On the weekends, we always go out in the early AM so we miss all of the traffic, especially on the holidays.

As for entertainment, Branson is right there. You have all of the shows, Silver Dollar City, & the restaurants.

If you're still looking for somewhere to stay, we have had pretty good luck w/ Bitter Sweet Resort. I'm sure somebody will chime in w/ some other places though.
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       07-31-2006, 2:19 PM Reply   
The closer to Branson, the rougher the water and vice versa.
Old     (joeshmoe)      Join Date: Jan 2003       07-31-2006, 5:21 PM Reply   
thanks for the info, we will be there all week starting on the 13th. i thought i was going to wakeboard all week, but 90dgr. water! thats insane, so Rooster, their is a lake called Taneycomo? what is the water temperature there? maybe i'll just stay in the air conditioning all week. definately will get to jill's for the bbq,thanks
Old     (kstateskier)      Join Date: May 2002       08-01-2006, 12:07 AM Reply   
Taneycomo water temp is probably still in the 50-60 degree range depending where on that lake you are. The lake is fed from the Table Rock dam, so the water never really warms up. Never heard of many people riding on that lake though. Definately stay away from the Branson area for good water. I'm going to be there for a week starting on Wednesday. We usually stay out in Shell Knob, the water is great out there, but we booked late this year and will be off DD Highway in Reeds Spring.
Old     (smackus)      Join Date: Apr 2004       08-01-2006, 5:33 AM Reply   
My folks own Alpine Lodge on Indian Pt. Check out the site Alpinelodgeresort.com. They are are on the lake a mile from SDC and 5 from branson. My X-9 is parked there.
Old     (insuranceman)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-01-2006, 6:26 AM Reply   
David, We stayed at your parents place last Labor day. Meet you at the doc. I had then the yellow Moomba.

I saw you out over the 4th. Your mom was booked. We stayed at the place just to the north of alpine lodge. This time the yellow Supra. Your kids were really kicking butt.

db
Old     (rooster_cogburn)      Join Date: Feb 2006       08-01-2006, 10:01 AM Reply   
Lake Taneycomo is in Taney-County-Missouri So Taney Co Mo. Unique huh! It runs on the South side of Branson, and lake Temp right now is in the 50's. It does get its water from T-Rock, but there are also a bunch of springs under it, so it stays cold. Its a couple hundred yards wide, and 22 miles long. I have ridden it, but not in couple of years. It is always glass though

Last night the Water in our boarding Cove on the Rock was 89.7 Air Temp 92

Jill's is not an awe inspiring site, but the food is awesome. I've heard good things about Benny T's in Branson West, and Dana's BBQ in BRanson West is pretty good too. I prefer Jill's though.

Shell Knob or Cape Fair is where I would stay if I was visiting the lake, especially if I was going to board all day. Since I live near Kimberling, that's where I ride most of the time.

The party spot is the Swing, near Joe Bald point. Kinda between Kimberling and Shell Knob/Cape Fair/Baxter. There won't be much going on there until a holiday weekend though.
Old     (mjmurphy53711)      Join Date: Mar 2004       08-01-2006, 10:06 AM Reply   
Im not that familiar with Missouri other than the Kc area, but there was a couple guys on www.midwestwakeboarder.com trading pulls from somewhere in MO, maybe this could help?
Old     (longhornfan)      Join Date: Oct 2005       08-01-2006, 2:38 PM Reply   
The Steak Inn, in Shell Knob(south of the bridge) was awesome. I ate there after I got married this past Tuesday. Got married on Beaver but stayed the week at Shell Knob. Pretty good trip except my motor or lower unit, don't know which yet, went out on me.
Old     (bruce)      Join Date: Feb 2002       08-01-2006, 3:30 PM Reply   
Get reservations and you'll be set at the Steak inn.
Old     (jdarnold)      Join Date: Jul 2006       08-02-2006, 7:13 AM Reply   
I live about 30 mins. from Shell Knob... These guys are pointing you in the right direction with Steak Inn! As far as what to do and all for a family vacation that would depend on your family and their ages... Get in touch with me and I'll try to point you in the right direction. Maybe while you're here you can help me get my boy up on his board for the first time... (new to the sport)
Old     (joeshmoe)      Join Date: Jan 2003       08-02-2006, 9:35 AM Reply   
sounds good! i will be at big cedar lodge on table rock lake from the 13th to 19th. i have a 1999 blue malibu response/extended pylon/wedge pulled by a blue durango and a waverunnerIII.
i have 2 sons ages 18(does not wakeboard) and 11(just learning)
i guess i have to watch out for the waverunners
http://www.mswp.dps.mo.gov/News/NRDetail.asp?ID=N07060117
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       08-02-2006, 10:28 AM Reply   
Big Cedar is nice, but its in the busiest part of the lake, and a looooong way from Shell Knob.
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       08-02-2006, 10:29 AM Reply   
Big Cedar is nice, but its in the busiest part of the lake, and a looooong way from Shell Knob. Weekdays and early morning runs should be ok though. Have fun.
Old     (rooster_cogburn)      Join Date: Feb 2006       08-02-2006, 11:35 AM Reply   
Yep, your gonna be on the busier side of the lake. Just take a left out of Big Cedar cove and follow the main Channel till you find a good cove. There are several South of Big Cedar. It is a long way from Shell Knob or Lampe too. So the Eateries mentioned might be a trip for you.

Big Cedar has an Excellent brunch on sundays though. And you won't be too far from Branson, there are about 1000 places to eat there.