Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeskating

Old     (dyost)      Join Date: Jan 2007       03-08-2015, 8:44 PM Reply   
Anybody watch this vid? I got about 7 mins through before I had to tend to the kiddos. This video is sick, wakeskating is so awesome.... These guys just killing it with their own little step down set-up. I love vids like this showing killer riding, lots of fun, and doing it all without the $100k wake boats everyone is getting so spoiled with and feel they have to have to ride.

I love wake boarding, but at times feel the sport is losing it's way (at least amongst the amateur ranks). You don't see anyone pushing themselves getting wrecked trying to learn new stuff. Used to be when we were in our early-mid 20's there were a bunch of sacked out older V'drives and DDs (all under $25k boats anyway) and all were riding (WAKEBOARDING). You could watch someone take a set, see some good riding, check out what the other guys were learning/working on, and there was always some progression happening on the lake (you guys see so and so working on HS 5s today?)

Now on our lakes its all $100k plus boats and nobody doing anything but surfing.

Anyway end of rant, seems wakeskating is what wakeboarding used to be 10 years ago. This vid is good check it out. Get's me pumped for all the fun we're gonna have on my old Supra Sunsport this summer.
Old     (dyost)      Join Date: Jan 2007       03-08-2015, 8:46 PM Reply   
Also, there is a shot in this vid of a gal pull starting a winch one handed with a baby in the other arm. She then sits down and operates the winch for (presumably) her man.
That my friends is a keeper.

I'm not sure how far in it is, maybe after the first or second song.
Old     (dyost)      Join Date: Jan 2007       03-08-2015, 9:07 PM Reply   
Ok so just watched it again al the way through. Pretty good list of names at the end credits. I wouldn't have recognized seeing these wake skaters but know some of the names. So I'm probably gonna get flamed on my limited knowledge of wakeskating... I thought this was a bunch of random dudes out on a farm somewhere?

Were all the guys listed in the vid? For example, it lists Byerly but there are no shots of him riding just one clip of him walking the rope back at the end.

Also, the one-handed baby holding winch operator was running the rig for another female rider, so (presumably) I was wrong in my comment above. I do still think thats a keeper though, not sure I could get my wife out to that set-up to hang out for an afternoon let alone drive the winch...

I also didn't watch far enough through the first time to see all the cattle. If they have free range of that land than that water is probably pretty nasty in the heat of the summer. They stir up the mud and **** in the pond/shores.
Old     (corerider)      Join Date: May 2008       03-09-2015, 9:00 AM Reply   
That was Byerly in the first few hits right after the Lady ran the winch. Was a good vid... Nice riding for sure!
Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       03-09-2015, 9:39 AM Reply   
It's a very good video. The progression of wakeskating is great. The level of tricks going down is insane.
Old     (electricsnow)      Join Date: May 2002       03-17-2015, 8:13 PM Reply   
The gal running the winch is james balzer's wife. They're arguably the raddest couple in wakeskating.