Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through December 22, 2005

Old     (dgutz84)      Join Date: Jul 2004       12-13-2005, 11:45 AM Reply   
I was just wondering what everyone thinks about the advertising in the watersports industry. What kind of ads do you think are most effective? Which one's do you blow right past? Any have a lasting impression? Does anyone every buy based on an ad that they see. Just curious and interested in what everyone thinks!
Old     (audiopro74)      Join Date: Jun 2005       12-13-2005, 11:47 AM Reply   
Reef!!!!!!!!!!! Nuff-said
Old     (partydock17)      Join Date: Apr 2004       12-13-2005, 6:42 PM Reply   
I like how Cobian Sandles puts a Bible verse next to there Logo.

I think thats really cool!

Danny T.
WWW.OKCBOARDSHOP.COM
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       12-14-2005, 1:27 AM Reply   
Gotta have babes in tiny bikinis.
Old     (dirwoody)      Join Date: Apr 2003       12-14-2005, 10:31 AM Reply   
Honestly, I blow past a great majority of ads in my mags, I think ads that look more like articles, or ones that have awesome pictures on them get some attention. Reef gets attention because they're known for the ASSets in their ads, but they also have great photography. IMO a great picture makes the ad, when you take the time to work so hard to get the perfect shot for your ad, it shows. That's just me, but tribal graphics and a tower on a black background don't do it for me. But show harf or someone off a DU 15 feet up all tweaked out, then i'm gonna study the shot and end up studying your ad.