Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Video and Photography

Old     (kirk)      Join Date: May 2003       04-06-2005, 8:10 PM Reply   
I just got my new Canon 20D last week ( no, not Stephans... sorry ) and have been playing around with shooting riding shots.It really rocks! I would like to piece together a panorama of some riding sequences and need some tips on how to do it. Does anyone here have any tips or know of a good online tutorial on how to put one together. My first couple attempts have been pretty feeble.
Thanks.
Old     (richd)      Join Date: Oct 2003       04-07-2005, 7:10 AM Reply   
Photomerge in Photoshop is a pretty simple tool to use. It starts with the images and the way you shoot them. The main problem I've run into when shooting for a sequence from behind the boat is that you have to be careful to not pan the camera (unless you're not including the wake and background in your sequence). Try not to shoot it too wide though or you'll be fighting parallex in the images. Lock your exposure so you don't have to do as much blending and focus too unless the ai servo mode on the 20D is doing an adequate job. there was a great tutorial on Outbackphoto.com about some tricks to blend the frames as well after you stitch which I can't seem to find now. Keep all your images as layers until you've got it the way you want it.
Old     (kirk)      Join Date: May 2003       04-07-2005, 3:45 PM Reply   
I tried using Photomerge with crappy results. I would like to make my shots more like these...
http://www.foilfreaks.com/photos/Sequence/Sequence.htm
Old     (solo)      Join Date: Oct 2001       04-07-2005, 4:08 PM Reply   
Gimme my camera back before I call the cops!
Old     (richd)      Join Date: Oct 2003       04-07-2005, 7:15 PM Reply   
You won't be able to get a sequence like those with a 20D, you're gonna need 8 fps: 1D or 1DMK2 - Nikon D2X.

Realviz Stitcher is a popular program for the Pano guys.
Old     (kirk)      Join Date: May 2003       04-07-2005, 9:06 PM Reply   
Rich,
I know I can't shoot that fast with my 20D, but I am more interested in just getting my editing to look smoother. I am just learning the capabilities of my camera and software right now.

Steven, getting this camera after years of a basic point and shoot...Ugh... I feel your pain.
Old     (richd)      Join Date: Oct 2003       04-08-2005, 6:55 AM Reply   
I wish I could find that outbackphoto.com article - it really helped my stitched Panos. Here's one I blended all together from 3 seperate shots:
Old     (Walt)      Join Date: Jan 2003       04-08-2005, 7:21 AM Reply   
Nice job Rich !
Old     (kirk)      Join Date: May 2003       04-08-2005, 1:28 PM Reply   
Thats a great shot. Nice edit Rich.
Old     (richd)      Join Date: Oct 2003       04-08-2005, 7:04 PM Reply   
I used photomerge with the Outback technique. There's a couple of tricks (which I forgot) that really help you blend them all together.