Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 27, 2003 > Archive through September 24, 2004

Old    dynomite            08-16-2004, 4:21 PM Reply   
I went to test drive a Larson 210 last fri, and the boat broke down. Has anyone ever owned a Larson, and if so good or bad experience?
Old     (98_searay)      Join Date: May 2004       08-16-2004, 5:01 PM Reply   
if a boat breaks down on a test drive then dont buy! find an older inboard. look at the sea ray 220sport
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       08-17-2004, 9:14 AM Reply   
a good friend of mine had a 97. It was a dog out of the hole. probably about a 20 foot or so. had a small v-6 on it. took for ever to plane w/ 4 people in the boat. He never had any problems with it. Seems like it was built more for crusing around the lake.
Old     (goodtimes)      Join Date: Sep 2003       08-17-2004, 10:28 AM Reply   
My first boat before getting into tournament ski boats was a 16 foot Larson with a 90hp eng. I loved it. Worked great, excellent fit and finish. Sold it 4 years later for almost what I paid for it new. Still one of my favorite run-about boat brands. I just needed a bigger wake.

What happened when the boat broke down? If it's the engine, well that can happen with any brand boat.
Old    dynomite            08-17-2004, 5:08 PM Reply   
Goodtimes- The mechanic/sales guy who went with us said it was probably the water pick-up failing to pick-up water. A friend I have, who has a super-air, said that this same thing had happened to his boat and its not a major problem to fix. I'm still leaning toward another test drive, specifically because of how much boat you get for your money. Thanks for your input!
Old     (john)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-17-2004, 5:08 PM Reply   
'95 Larson 186(?) Sei. Purchased new for about $14k and has provided countless (Literally. No hour meter.) hours of fun without a single problem. Still in the family and being subjected to abuse on a regular basis by my 4 nephews.