Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeskating

Old     (bradd)      Join Date: Jul 2014       08-18-2014, 7:51 PM Reply   
I bought a wakeskate with griptape on it.

I dont own any skateboard shoes. Should I find an old pair from somebody or can i just use my old running shoes

I was going to use my running shoes at first, but was thinking maybe sakteboard shoes would give me better traction and grip on the wakeskate ?

Any advice would be appreciated
Old     (dyost)      Join Date: Jan 2007       08-19-2014, 12:50 AM Reply   
Skate shoes would be better. If you're just learning anything will work, but start ollie'ing and running shoes will shred fast on the grip tape. Plus a skate shoe will give you better feel of the board through the sole. Grip probably won't make too much of a difference, on land skate shoes tend to have a bit softer sole and thus a bit more "tack" to them, but in the water skate tape is a bit slicker than when dry.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       08-19-2014, 2:18 PM Reply   
copped some DVS wakeskate shoes off shoebacca for like 25 bucks. shop around