Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeskating

Old     (shredsthegnar)      Join Date: May 2010       08-03-2011, 5:32 PM Reply   
I have a byerly skate and it seems to fall apart more and more after everytime i ride. Like cracks in the glossy paint on the sides and just layers starting to come apart. The first one I got online came crack now this one is just seems to get worse. Is that normal for wood skates? Also is the byerly team (specifically George Daniels) panting the sides of the skate for that reason or only looks?
Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-04-2011, 9:57 AM Reply   
That is why you dont buy wakeskates from wakeBOARD companies.
Old     (strife)      Join Date: Feb 2010       08-08-2011, 11:04 AM Reply   
And whatever you do don't buy liquid force skates. Check out my recent thread. I almost lost my arm yesterday.
Old     (strife)      Join Date: Feb 2010       08-08-2011, 11:05 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakemitch View Post
That is why you dont buy wakeskates from wakeBOARD companies.
Who do you recommend? I'm looking to buy a new one ASAP.
Old     (adeguzman)      Join Date: May 2010       08-09-2011, 11:29 AM Reply   
I have a 39" and have the same problem. I was talking to him at OWC one day and he said that thats where they always break and that he goes through a board every 3-4 weeks. He was also riding one of the newer boards that was laminated with something and just by looking at it, it looks like it would hold up much longer. In this video he is riding the board I'm talking about.

http://www.alliancewake.com/skate/br...mer-day-shred/
Old     (yeahhh)      Join Date: Feb 2011       08-11-2011, 4:27 PM Reply   
i love my heritage, it is my favourite deck, but like everyone is saying mine seems to not be the strongest, like alex said i think they will fix it with their new skates.. im glad because i really love mine.