Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (jaegermaster)      Join Date: Sep 2002       01-06-2012, 6:35 AM Reply   
I am building a custom home bar for a client and need some help. For those of you with home bars, how big of a sink should I go with? The back wall cabinets (sink location) will only be about 16" deep due to space concerns. What do you all think I should go with?

Any help would be appreciated.
Old     (wakeboardin)      Join Date: Apr 2001       01-06-2012, 6:51 AM Reply   
As large as possible, I have the small bar sink and it isn't that great to wash blenders and glasses. Anything much more then a few shot glasses sitting in there is tuff. I had a friend that had a two well or smaller kitchen type sink in his which was real cool cause at a large gathering you could fill one with soapy water and wash glasses and shakers pretty fast.
Old     (patrick232)      Join Date: Aug 2008       01-06-2012, 7:05 AM Reply   
I went with a deep single with a tall faucet.
Old     (jaegermaster)      Join Date: Sep 2002       01-06-2012, 10:33 AM Reply   
Thanks for the input. Due to appliance dimensions it looks like the back wall cabinets will need to be 22" deep. This should give me plenty of room. Good Idea on the tall faucet.

Thanks. Pics to come once it's finished.
Old     (moto817)      Join Date: Jan 2011       01-06-2012, 12:37 PM Reply   
Be sure to use a tall faucet WITH spray nozzle. The spray nozzle helps with the odd size stuff like blenders =-)
Old     (jaegermaster)      Join Date: Sep 2002       01-07-2012, 6:49 PM Reply   
Does anyone know a good place to get a drop in ice bin like this one. This seems expensive to me, buy maybe not.

http://www.shortorder.com/manufactur...ipment-di-ib12
Old     (norcalrider)      Join Date: Jun 2002       01-08-2012, 12:49 AM Reply   
Any consideration for a 3 basin sink?
Old     (jaegermaster)      Join Date: Sep 2002       01-08-2012, 9:10 AM Reply   
A 3 basin would work since the ice bin needs to drain. I was just wondering if there would be any issues having the ice right next to the sink ie: splashing soapy water into the ice?
Old     (wakeboardin)      Join Date: Apr 2001       01-08-2012, 10:12 AM Reply   
or you could go with something like this for ice and a sink if space is a concern. http://www.bullbbq.com/accessories/b...bar-center.asp
Old     (norcalrider)      Join Date: Jun 2002       01-08-2012, 10:15 AM Reply   
I was thinking 3 basin for glass washing purposes. I would probably want a drainboard between the sinks and ice bin.

We have a couple restaurant supply places in town that have used equipment from failed businesses. Try to find something like that locally if you are trying to save costs.

Last edited by norcalrider; 01-08-2012 at 10:21 AM.
Old     (jaegermaster)      Join Date: Sep 2002       01-10-2012, 6:27 AM Reply   
It is funny how a client likes to change their mind. I think this is the final configuration for the back wall. From L to R: 30" composite sink, 14" stainless ice bin, Bosch dishwasher, Danby refer.

They are now adding a plasma over the back bar with custom shelving for bottle storage/display and want me to come up with a cool way to hang beer steins on the right wall to make up a beer mug hall of fame thing.
Old     (patrick232)      Join Date: Aug 2008       01-10-2012, 1:37 PM Reply   
I seen a cool idea with floating shelves on the wall with hidden anchors. Maybe make a shelf per stein in a pattern?
Old     (jaegermaster)      Join Date: Sep 2002       01-10-2012, 5:19 PM Reply   
I was thinking of floating shelves too. but I just finished some for another client and don't really care to do anymore for awhile. Although these were pretty involve due to the design.

Custom cut Padauk veneers with low volt LED strip lights.
Attached Images

Old     (jaegermaster)      Join Date: Sep 2002       02-12-2012, 9:48 AM Reply   
The bar is finally finished. We found a composite sink that fit the cabinet pretty well and the faucet won't interfere with the shelf above. Here are some pics.
Attached Images

Old     (kstateskier)      Join Date: May 2002       02-12-2012, 11:06 AM Reply   

I use the floating shells for displaying pints and like the look. That bar looks great. I'm in the restaurant business so I like that industrial look.
Old     (da_moose)      Join Date: Feb 2004       02-12-2012, 11:22 AM Reply   
I've allways done the reson top , it's party proof
Attached Images

Old     (jaegermaster)      Join Date: Sep 2002       02-13-2012, 5:00 PM Reply   
I like the resin top too, but it wasn't what the client wanted. Some day when I have a good space for it I will do a bar for myself with a resin top.
Old     (norcalrider)      Join Date: Jun 2002       02-13-2012, 10:26 PM Reply   
Is that concrete?
Old     (jaegermaster)      Join Date: Sep 2002       02-14-2012, 5:50 AM Reply   
No, not concrete. It is high pressure laminate (basically Formica) made by company called Chem-Metal. It runs almost $12 a sq. ft.
Old     (augie_09)      Join Date: Mar 2011       02-14-2012, 9:15 AM Reply   
i don't get why builders use one single small stainless steel sink in bars. These sinks have no overflow protection and only have one drain, opposed to most kitchen sinks that have 2.

When I was house shopping last fall, we viewed a house with a brand new bar and the sink had a drip. The owner had left the stainless steel plug in the sink and not been to the house in over a month. Sink had overflowed and created an indoor swimming pool on the recently remodeled lower level. Ceiling had collapsed, furniture/flooring all ruined. Sucked for them.
Old     (norcalrider)      Join Date: Jun 2002       02-14-2012, 3:43 PM Reply   
Looks like there is a dishwasher so the need for 3 sinks is out but good point on overflow protection. I'm in the planning stages on my outdoor bar and think I will go 3 sinks.
Old     (ottog1979)      Join Date: Apr 2007       02-15-2012, 1:00 PM Reply   
Funny, I just got rid of my wet bar. Came with the house, never used it, hated it.
Attached Images