Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 27, 2007

Old     (reddawgman)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-25-2007, 4:58 PM Reply   
Hey guys... Just wanted to throw up a few pics from this last weekend. This year i really got into wakeboarding and it is my second year riding in Michigan... so maybe like 5th month riding lol.. To short of season.
Just installed a Monster tower on our SeaRay 180 sport i/o. Just a few pics of the boat and wanted to see what you guys thought of it and how the wake compares to others.. obviously not a wakeboat wake. Actually looks decently big and bigger than it seems from in the boat. Thanks for lookin and cheers!Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (hixsonaz)      Join Date: May 2007       07-25-2007, 5:25 PM Reply   
looks good, enjoy it. Who is that guy in the second pic flipping off?
Old     (rpayer)      Join Date: Jun 2007       07-25-2007, 5:25 PM Reply   
Got any pics from inside the boat looking back?
Old     (jkuzma)      Join Date: Mar 2007       07-25-2007, 5:25 PM Reply   
Heyo what Boat is that, that Monster Tower is sick
Old     (gobigorgohome)      Join Date: Aug 2005       07-25-2007, 5:26 PM Reply   
2nd picture - looks like he's flippin someone the bird. Obviously a tuber off to the right

Can't really tell from the pics but looks like you can get reasonable air off it so that's what you need IMO.
Old     (wakeslife)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-25-2007, 5:30 PM Reply   
Nathan, what lake do you ride in Michigan?

The boat looks great and it looks like you guys are having a blast, thats all that matters...
Old     (reddawgman)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-25-2007, 5:40 PM Reply   
Thanks guys.. appreciate all the comments. Im flippin off a tuber seadoo combo... Haha and fist shaking at the guys doin powerturns everywhere. No pics from inside the boat yet. The Boat is a SeaRay 180 Sport I/O.
We ride in Canadian Lakes, Mi in Mecosta County. Live in Troy though downstate.. Would love to hook up with some other riders!

Comment away at the pics.
Old     (vin)      Join Date: May 2007       07-25-2007, 5:51 PM Reply   
the only thing you are missing is a few board racks on the sick looking tower and your in have fun
Old     (waterlog)      Join Date: Aug 2006       07-25-2007, 5:52 PM Reply   
love that tower. I still gotta get one for my boat. Cool to see Michiganders man, I ride in Traverse City :-)
Old     (reddawgman)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-25-2007, 5:55 PM Reply   
Yeah tell me about it... Broke the bank for the tower and the speakers haha.... Still in the market for that board rack... Thanks on the tower... Hows the riding out in TC? Roddyrod... Where do you ride at?
Old     (waterlog)      Join Date: Aug 2006       07-25-2007, 5:59 PM Reply   
Awesome, we have so many lakes around to choose from, and two bays, but that water is friggin cold. The lakes are nice though. We rode Long Lake today, the water temp was 78. :-) How much was that tower?, if ya don't mind me asking

(Message edited by waterlog on July 25, 2007)
Old     (reddawgman)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-25-2007, 6:09 PM Reply   
1090 i believe... Yeah would love to rid emore... Our Lakes are all private and we got wake rules that we can only create a wake from 10am to 6pm... Really sucks and we break them all teh time.. Security is at our door every weekend.. Would love to do some ridin downstate.
Old     (waterlog)      Join Date: Aug 2006       07-25-2007, 6:59 PM Reply   
That doesnt seem like a bad price. I was expecting around 2g's. 15 to 1800 range. Stop by on the way through
Old     (bbking)      Join Date: Dec 2006       07-25-2007, 8:14 PM Reply   
haha you have my board... awesome, but the board isn't that great actually...
Old     (lfrider139)      Join Date: May 2007       07-26-2007, 5:27 AM Reply   
hey bryan, ever do any riding north of traverse?
we used to own a house up on lake leelanau and used to ride up there alot, ever make it up that way?

nathan sick tower bro...that boat looks sweet, my uncle owns a sea ray like that but older, no monster tower though
Old     (msey00)      Join Date: May 2007       07-26-2007, 8:48 AM Reply   
Dude, the tower is awesome. I actually have a Glastron 185, and I'm planning to get a tower this winter. Did you install the tower yourself? Is installing a tower really as easy as everyone says? Did you have to cut holes in order to access the inside of the gunwales to install backing plates? On my Glastron there are vinyl panels that I'm told would have to be removed so I could cut holes beneath them then replace after the install was complete. Same with you??
Old     (green_johnson)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-26-2007, 11:32 AM Reply   
anyone ride in the Brighton/Livingston County areas?
ive been riding on chemung in howell for a few years now
Old     (reddawgman)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-26-2007, 11:48 AM Reply   
Thanks on the tower compliments. No didnt have to remove anything to get to teh backer plates. Just reached under then inside fiberglass and mounted them on my back reaching up.. Yeah install was pretty simple. Drilled a total of 9 holes in the boat including one for the speaker and light wire, and 3 into the tower. Install is easy just take your time and measure.
Old     (waterlog)      Join Date: Aug 2006       07-26-2007, 7:00 PM Reply   
Dillon, we've only been out on Leelanau once. Last summer we took the boat over there and launched on the south end drove up through the channel to the north end and anchored on the sandbar and grilled. Tried to do some riding but it was a bit windy and choppy, not very easy to ride the board. Dumped the kids on the tube a few times though. Nice Lake. Neat coming back through that channel there's a lil dock for gas with a bait shop and ice cream. :-)
Old     (wakeslife)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-26-2007, 7:17 PM Reply   
Nathan, we keep our boat on Lake Charlevoix up in Boyne City most of the summer, but I get out with some buddies on Pine Lake a bit and we bring the boat downstate at the end of the season and ride Orchard Lake in West Bloomfield.
Old     (adamo)      Join Date: Jun 2007       07-26-2007, 7:18 PM Reply   
ill be up on lake leelanau this week...
Old     (reddawgman)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-26-2007, 8:13 PM Reply   
Rod, You will have to let me know when you bring it back home. I live in Troy and my teammate is livin in West bloomfield right now.. We are killin to ride down here.. Trying to get his boat down here so we can ride both locations. What are you Ridin behind?
Old     (wakeslife)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-26-2007, 9:19 PM Reply   
Nathan I ride behind a black and orange Mastercraft X1. You can't miss it!
Old     (waterlog)      Join Date: Aug 2006       07-27-2007, 5:10 AM Reply   
Nice. Be around on Sunday by chance?
Old     (lfrider139)      Join Date: May 2007       07-27-2007, 6:00 AM Reply   
bryan, thats awesome i know exactly where your talking about, yeah there is not much protection on that lake so wind can be a factor, but there are some good lines on the north end, i have never really ridden the south end though

nice adam, which part?
Old     (danadog)      Join Date: Apr 2006       07-27-2007, 7:56 AM Reply   
Great pics!
I spent 6 great years living on Chippewa lake just north west about 10 miles from Canadian Lakes.
They tried to pass the silly no wake laws like you have 7 pm to 10 am and Me and the boys took it all the way to the board and kept it from passing in the last mins.
Old     (reddawgman)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-27-2007, 9:22 AM Reply   
Rod, Would love to ride behind a real wakeboat if you guys bring it down here and are lokin for a third, Can bring my teammate to if u want. Were real chill so deff let us know.
Danadog, How did you like chippewa lake? Yeah the no wake rules are really ghey! Does the lake have some good lines for ridin? deep?