Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 25, 2007

Old     (bob_l)      Join Date: Jul 2006       05-22-2007, 4:58 PM Reply   
Not an electrician so keep that in mind. I have CMD4A head unit and just purchased the Monster Ipod cable (as recommended on this site). Manual says I should have 2 pair of RCA connections unused behind the unit (one pair with purple wire and one pair with red wire). The purple pair is said to be non-fader r/l. According to manual, the other pair is for aux. The only other pair are black and not red.

So...I plug into the black pair and then switch to Aux on the HU and the Ipod song starts playing - great and easy. EXCEPT no sound is coming out of the tower speakers when in Aux mode. If you keep the ipod playing and switch to FM on the HU, the tower is playing FM and the rest of the speakers are playing the Ipod.

I am LOST...

Other info....07 MC X1, with JL Audio amp (for the tower speakers) - all audio installed at dealer.
Old     (eargasm)      Join Date: May 2007       05-22-2007, 5:08 PM Reply   
Did you make sure when playing in aux mode that you checked balance and or fader when in aux mode.sometimes settings can be different in each mode(cd, aux, fm).
Old     (lukeduke95)      Join Date: May 2002       05-22-2007, 6:25 PM Reply   
That is pretty odd that it is playing FM and the IPOD at the same time.

Does the deck have speaker leads that go to the boat speakers and the amp plug into the tower speakers? Maybe you unplugged the amp rcas and plugged your monster cable into them? That is the only thing I can think of that would cause the AUX to play and the FM to play.

Maybe the deck is messed up?
Old     (bob_l)      Join Date: Jul 2006       05-22-2007, 7:25 PM Reply   
Shawn...just checked the fade setting on aux and it was set to neutral (0) - same as CD and FM.

Luke...what is strange is that everything (AM, FM, CD) work perfect with all speakers. I did not unplug anything. There were 2 pair of RCA's that were free and I plugged into the non-purple other open spot (as the purple is indicated as non-fader on the schematic in the manual).

Not sure how the tower speakers could be bypassed by simply plugging into (and not unplugging anything) the supposed Aux RCA jacks.

Still baffeled. Thanks for thinking about it.
Old     (eargasm)      Join Date: May 2007       05-22-2007, 7:28 PM Reply   
This is probably a stupid question but did you try the purple rca's??
Old     (noti_dad)      Join Date: Jul 2003       05-22-2007, 7:38 PM Reply   
I have that unit an dthere should be a black & red RCA to plug into. Everything works good when used. Look again really good for the red one. There's got to be one there.
Old     (bob_l)      Join Date: Jul 2006       05-23-2007, 6:48 AM Reply   
Shawn - have not tried the purple.

Noti - will take a look again. I have spent a lot of time under there so another 10 minutes will not hurt. Everything I have read seems to indicate that there should only be 2 open pair and if music came out from the Ipod then I must have plugged into some type of input.