Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (sroot1)      Join Date: Aug 2005       07-02-2006, 11:01 AM Reply   
Are there any boards that work well for wakesurfing as well as real surf???
For storm surfing lake erie and small ocean surf the big Kahuna longboards do well.
Has anyone tried their wakesurf boards In real surf?
Old     (wakemetoday)      Join Date: Mar 2006       07-03-2006, 9:02 PM Reply   
I weigh 170 lbs. and ride a 6'2" shortboard and it works fine. Skimboards are fun also but I installed a small fin on the back of the board for better control. A longboard would also work.
Old     (stixxmon)      Join Date: May 2006       07-04-2006, 1:40 PM Reply   
SHRED STIXX
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       07-04-2006, 6:47 PM Reply   
Scott, Jerry (by way of Jeff Walker) is going to send a demo Shred Stixx board out to the Scioto Wakefest. I'm really looking forward to getting a chance to ride one of these boards!!
Old     (surfnfury65)      Join Date: Aug 2004       07-04-2006, 8:17 PM Reply   
I'm a long time ocean surfer and I would agree that a Shred Stixx would be the best bet for ocean surfing. I went to high school with the guy who shapes them. He has been making ocean surfboard for a long time.
Board More/Work Less!
Old    francismateeson            07-05-2006, 12:13 AM Reply   
I use a shortboard from Surftech, Xanadu 5'10''. The surf is great for real surf and wake surfing.
Old     (caskimmer)      Join Date: Apr 2006       07-05-2006, 7:09 AM Reply   
Might as well get in on the "try mine"
Walzer Boards
Upload

(Message edited by CAskimmer on July 05, 2006)

(Message edited by CAskimmer on July 05, 2006)