Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through February 09, 2007

Old     (2step)      Join Date: Oct 2004       02-05-2007, 5:44 PM Reply   
I know this has been covered and covered, but you know what I have no idea what to do.
I have a Tige 20v with white and red interior and my entire stereo just got stolen.
I had Clarion component speakers(w/separate tweeters).
I have read many of the posts about speakers but I can't decide what speakers to use.
I am looking at MB Quart NKD 116 but then I have two holes where the tweeter was.
I have noticed many people like the Polk DB but will it last as long as a marine designed speaker and will the grille covering the speaker protect it enough. My speakers are mounted low in the cabin.
I have ordered a Precision Power 800w 5ch amp and I have a 12" Diamond sub.
I do want to order the NVS setup for the tower but I can't spend that much money on them. How would one wetsounds pro485 sound? or should I go with a pair of pro80's or something entirely different? I like the Deafcon iv's but since they don't make them anymore...
Is my amp enough or do I need to put the sub on its own amp.
I know this was long but your input is appreciated.
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       02-05-2007, 6:09 PM Reply   
2Step,

Go with the Polk dbs with the seperate tweeter, they are reasonably priced and sound good in a boat (these are what Nautique uses in the Polk demo boat). If your tweeter holes do not cover you can have some trim rings made from mirror plastic (Tap Plastics). My opinion is MP Quart gear is a mis-match for a noisy boat.

I would suggest you go with a pair of WetSounds Pro-80's, they were awarded "marine product of the year" at the Consumer Electronics Show this year. They have been getting rave reviews here on Wakeworld. When we tested them last year were amazed how much sound could come from such a small package.

If you like NVS look into getting a single Entity 1010, that should come close to your budget.

I would really recommend you do not get the Deafcon IVs even if you could find some, there's a good reason why they don't make them anymore. The Rubicons are much better if you want a Skylon product.
Old     (2step)      Join Date: Oct 2004       02-07-2007, 5:06 PM Reply   
Thanks Mike!