Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through December 14, 2003

Old     (wake2wake103)      Join Date: Jul 2003       11-10-2003, 3:04 PM Reply   
I only caught the begining and the end. How was it . I did get to see the girl fall flat on her face a couple of times though.
Old    buttacup            11-10-2003, 3:13 PM Reply   
I watched it and it was interesting. Found out that Dallas hates dancing, is going to night class and would rather be in Florida wakeboarding than in California. Dallas had to take a pop quiz in history and she said she was hoping that Ashley's friends, the one who she switched places with would give her answers to the quiz...haha. She gave the girl a new Obrien wakeboard for "switching".
Old     (wake2wake103)      Join Date: Jul 2003       11-10-2003, 3:21 PM Reply   
I wish I could get a new wakeboard for "switching". I found out a little more about Dallas's Family.
Old    norcal_99            11-10-2003, 3:24 PM Reply   
What is Switched?
Old     (phantom5815)      Join Date: Jul 2002       11-10-2003, 4:20 PM Reply   
Rene ~ it's a teen show on ABC Family channel
Old     (smylie)      Join Date: Jun 2002       11-10-2003, 4:53 PM Reply   
that show was cool. my sister was watching the show and called me into watch it. it was really cool. Good job dallas for putting up with the dancing. im not much of a dancer myself. we should hang out sometime.

danny
Old    xtremebordgurl            11-10-2003, 5:20 PM Reply   
Danny, that icon in ur profile is awesome! Yeah I saw the switched episode too, it was pretty good. Dude that would be so crazy, wakeboard ALL DAY and then go take some classes at night, my god, that would be unreal. I would die to be able to do that, Brian Grubb gets to do sorta the same thing wakeskat'n over at Byerly's or O-Dub in between some classes. But to be able to ride all day, that would be sick. I thought it was kinda funny tho, Dallas was saying how much she missed wakeboarding when they were at the beach and I couldn't help but say 'imagine 8 months w/o it'. But its all good cause next semester I'll be in Boca (if I get accepted )and I can ride everyday in Deerfield at the cable park . Oh yeah speaking of cable parks, for those of you that noticed that guy that they showed wakeboarding on the cable @ owc was Robin Friday, Dallas's older brother, the one the article is on. http://www.wakeworld.com/interviews/2003/robinfriday1.asp
Old     (solo)      Join Date: Oct 2001       11-10-2003, 5:31 PM Reply   
She didn't seem to have too much fun with the whole thing?
Old    buttacup            11-10-2003, 5:52 PM Reply   
Nope, I think she may have liked it more if it was something other than dancing. One of the captions on the show that tells more about the people switching is that Dallas doesn't like team sports and she was frustrated with dancing. Felt the dance teacher was going too fast.
Old     (sbboarder)      Join Date: Feb 2003       11-10-2003, 11:48 PM Reply   
Butta,

Call the WAAAAAMMMMMMbulence!
Old    buttacup            11-10-2003, 11:55 PM Reply   
I'm requesting a 9-1-1 and I'm not talking about the invert!
Old     (sbboarder)      Join Date: Feb 2003       11-11-2003, 10:36 AM Reply   
You mean Whine-1-1.
Old    xtremebordgurl            11-11-2003, 4:55 PM Reply   
Yeah, I dunno, I can see where you guys are comming from but remember that even tho its reality tv, its not always the reality, so in dallas's defense there could have been a lot more positive things that happened than what was shown, you think about it she was there for prob. a couple of days and all we saw was about 10 min. of it, when u figure in commercials and the fact that only half the show was in Cali. You can change the feel of a show/video/character/person all in the editing room VERY EASILY just by choosing carefully what you put in. You can't judge someone based on what you see on tv, take it all with a grain of salt. Its entertainment, its not meant to show their tru personality. I mean, would reality tv be all that fun if everyone was always nice and happy all the time? They may have intentionally made dallas out to be the bad guy. Just something to think about. I could be wrong and Dallas could be quite the whiner, she didn't seem to be when i met her, but again, ya never know. Jus keep an open mind. Bright side tho, WAKEBOARDING WAS ON TV
Old    buttacup            11-11-2003, 5:57 PM Reply   
Did you watch it? You have a valid point, tv especially reality tv leaves out alot of stuff being that 30 min programs are left to 20 mins. I'm just saying that she didn't seem as if she was having fun, so if that's really how she felt about the dancing and stuff, then props to her for not faking it.
Old    xtremebordgurl            11-12-2003, 7:04 AM Reply   
Yeah I did watch it, and I'll agree with u she didn't seem too happy, but.. like I already said, ya never know went on behind the scenes.
Old    wakebaby            11-12-2003, 8:43 AM Reply   
it was hilarious she completely was uninterested in the whole dancing thing her sarcasm was hilarious.....haha basically it was screw dancing! i agree...i wish i could get a new wakeboard that way!!!
Old    buttacup            11-12-2003, 9:21 AM Reply   
well, i just know from an inside source that pretty much saw the whole thing that she hated the whole idea of being in that dance studio. Quote of the day "I'm so over it"
Old     (wakesk8wannabe)      Join Date: Oct 2003       11-14-2003, 9:50 AM Reply   
She didn't exactly seem like a "bad guy" but her life is the best! anything in comparason is awful. In the show Dallas didn't seem to care that much about school which sucks because wakeboarding came easy to her and her life is too easy. I would like it better if she really worked hard at something. I'm not saying that she doesn't work hard a wakeboarding, but thats not work, thats fun.
Old    tattoobling            11-17-2003, 7:10 AM Reply   
Rebecca -

You're right, her life is just too easy. She must be following your philosophy, and I quote from your profile -

"Any job worth doing is worth doing well"
My quote: "Screw it!!! All the jobs I have to do arn't worth doing at all!!! Yet I keep hearing that stupid quote!"

Being the best is never an accident. You can bet your hypocrisy that she worked her ass off to get there.