Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 29, 2007

Old     (drive139)      Join Date: Apr 2007       11-13-2007, 7:03 PM Reply   
Well I have to arrive at the hospital tomorrow morning at 5:30 am for an ACL reconstruction and cartilage repair so everyone wish me luck and any pointer you can give me please feel free..
Old     (aliwake)      Join Date: Dec 2006       11-13-2007, 7:24 PM Reply   
ummm, think happy thoughts! the best thing about surgery is that things can only get better after it's done. you'll finally get to start recovering properly!
you'll be fine. no need to stress at all.
good luck!
Old     (liquidmx)      Join Date: Jun 2005       11-13-2007, 7:43 PM Reply   
Good luck and use that ice machine heavily.
Old     (clearlakescott)      Join Date: Apr 2007       11-13-2007, 8:06 PM Reply   
do your rehab right and you will have a better result. I know it sounds simple but most of us don't listen to what the doc says.
Old     (wakemandan)      Join Date: Feb 2003       11-13-2007, 8:37 PM Reply   
It seem like you'll never get to bend it the same agian ; But its over quick.

I'm back on the board and going big, ACL from hamstring, and fixed meniscus.
Old     (redsupralaunch)      Join Date: Aug 2002       11-14-2007, 4:11 PM Reply   
Doc says "surgery could not have went any better"
Old     (drive139)      Join Date: Apr 2007       11-15-2007, 6:10 AM Reply   
surgery went great. they did a patella acl reconstruction and repaired my medial and lateral meniscus. they were concerned that they were going to have to do a second surgery later on to repair some articular cartilage. They found out once the doc got in there that the cartilage was fusing itself back together so no more surgery. Dan was the hamstring pretty sore after surgery.
Old     (melanie)      Join Date: Apr 2001       11-23-2007, 5:13 AM Reply   
I had the patella acl reconstruction too. YES! Very sore after surgery. Do you have a range of motion machine & an ice machine? They were my best buddies while recovering. Them and Mr. Hydro Codone.
Old     (cool232)      Join Date: Jan 2006       11-24-2007, 7:06 AM Reply   
nick , did they gel your knee? Call me when your up and going.