Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 07, 2004

Old    wakeboarddelta            05-04-2004, 8:34 PM Reply   
Hey everyone! Just wanted to let you know I've launched the OFFICIAL website for wakeboarders on the Delta. www.wakeboarddelta.com

The site will be up and running in a few days, but it will be geared strictly to the great California Delta and everyone who rides here. Discussion boards on the Delta, secret riding spots, the hot spots to check out the opposite sex, the ultimate party events, and more. Also, submit your wakeboarding images from the Delta, links to Delta-area wakeboard shops, and much more. For anyone who rides the Delta, this will be your new home! Bookmark it today, and check back in a week or so when the site is ready!

Sincerely,
the wakeboarddelta.com team
Old     (greatdane)      Join Date: Feb 2001       05-04-2004, 8:39 PM Reply   
Your link did not work for me.

I wonder if this thread will last long.
Old     (hyprlightborder)      Join Date: Apr 2004       05-04-2004, 9:10 PM Reply   
yea your link wasnt workin for me either.
Old     (jschwart73)      Join Date: Apr 2002       05-04-2004, 9:32 PM Reply   
"Official" for the entire Delta? Who gives out the "Official Delta" endorsements?
Old    rypayne            05-04-2004, 9:36 PM Reply   
i think its a great idea if the site works. most of the time when i type in wakeboarding and delta i just get sites with the Double Up board "delta." so i hope it works out.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       05-04-2004, 9:42 PM Reply   
In case you guys missed it, he said;

"The site will be up and running in a few days," and "Bookmark it today, and check back in a week or so when the site is ready!"

(Message edited by dakid on May 04, 2004)
Old     (scott_a)      Join Date: Dec 2002       05-04-2004, 10:02 PM Reply   
umm...well...I don't think too many people are going to be sharing their secret spots...at least I hope not.

You guys might wanna find some way of contacting people that dont normally check out wakeworld so you can have more people visit your site than just wakeworld users. If your forums only contain wakeworld users I will more often than not just pick up the phone and call one of them since it's quicker than posting and waiting for them to come online...

I look foreward to checkin it out though...
Old     (richd)      Join Date: Oct 2003       05-05-2004, 6:38 AM Reply   
Who are these guys?
Old    jetgofish            05-05-2004, 9:24 AM Reply   
I'm not sure, but I saw a girl at Ski Beach Saturday who was telling every one there is this new clothing company coming out that is Delta Wear, it's called Delta Rags or DR but she gave no information about them or where to buy stuff!!!!
Old    wakeboarddelta            05-05-2004, 9:24 AM Reply   
Well there is a "site" now! It took a day for the registration of the domain name to take place. As far as promoting it to other places, don't worry, we'll be doing that shortly. This was just a good place to start.

As far as who I am, I'm just an avid wakeboarder who lives in Northern CA, no official connections to anything, but I thought it would be a great idea to have something focused around the Delta, which is growing bigger and more popular every year. Hopefully some of the Delta veterans will supply some great info on the place for the site, places to avoid, places to check out, where to find the best "scenery", etc. If anyone knows the Delta extremely well, and wants to help out by contributing stories or other information, email me at info@wakeboarddelta.com Also, if you have great photos of wakeboarding on the Delta, or just Delta photos in general, email those to submissions@wakeboarddelta.com Thanks guys and gals!
Old    jetgofish            05-05-2004, 9:29 AM Reply   
I can get to the page, but none of the buttons work! All it says is page not found!
Old    norcal_99            05-05-2004, 9:37 AM Reply   
Your OFFICIAL website is officially broken.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       05-05-2004, 9:47 AM Reply   
You guys some how missed this:

The site will be up and running in a few days," and "Bookmark it today, and check back in a week or so when the site is ready!"

Old    wakeboarddelta            05-05-2004, 10:48 AM Reply   
thank you J-Rod... yes, the site will be "up and running" in a few days, at stated earlier. Yes I know none of the buttons work, yet. But you can bookmark the homepage and check back next week to see what's working! In the meantime, if you have any good photos or stories to submit, send them to submissions@wakeboarddelta.com (include your name and where you're from as a caption)
Old     (wakejumper8)      Join Date: Sep 2002       05-05-2004, 11:05 AM Reply   
Are people who ride the Delta explicitly really going to share their info? The fewer people on the water the better!
Maybe you can have a Delta Etiquette section. That would make everyone happy if we could spread the word on that!
Old    wakeboarddelta            05-05-2004, 11:10 AM Reply   
A delta etiquette section would be a GREAT idea... But honestly, I dont think people are out to keep this place a secret, its already too late for that really. But I'll get an etiquette section going for sure.
Old     (jschwart73)      Join Date: Apr 2002       05-05-2004, 3:43 PM Reply   
Watch out for the "Official" Delta Sharks. They like to chow on boarders.
Old     (zride)      Join Date: May 2001       05-05-2004, 4:26 PM Reply   
i think the site would be awesome. The delta is home to some of the best riders around as well as others that enjoy wakeboarding very much. I think it would be great to have a site that brings delta riders and locals together. I know I like to meet new people and am always looking for people to ride with and share new experiences with other than the same old people doing the same old stuff. Look forward to seeing what your new site has to offer. Best of luck!
Old    wakeboarddelta            05-05-2004, 5:23 PM Reply   
The forum is up and running on the new site, feel free to start posting! Also, please send in photos that you've taken from the Delta for our first photo contest! The forum is located at http://www.wakeboarddelta.com/forum/index.php I appreciate all your suggestions as well as I get this site going, I want to include everything you guys want, and leave out things you guys dont really care about. If you have suggestions, send them to info@wakeboarddelta.com
Old     (cramey)      Join Date: Jun 2001       05-05-2004, 7:43 PM Reply   
sounds something a bit like westsiderider.com ?
Old    whitechocolate            05-05-2004, 8:10 PM Reply   
Chris I was just thinking the samething !
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       05-05-2004, 8:13 PM Reply   
me too!
Old     (dcervenka)      Join Date: Sep 2002       05-05-2004, 10:32 PM Reply   
I get this error when trying to register for your forum.

Failed sending email :: PHP ::

DEBUG MODE

Line : 234
File : /vservers/wakeboarddelta/htdocs/forum/includes/emailer.php
Old     (richd)      Join Date: Oct 2003       05-06-2004, 8:22 AM Reply   
"A delta etiquette section would be a GREAT idea"

I agree, I will contribute first:

NO FRICKEN POWER-TURNING

Between Wakeworld, Wakeboarder and Westsideconnection I am worn out, someone let me know when and if this thing get's rolling good.
Old     (lzyboy)      Join Date: Jun 2001       05-06-2004, 11:43 AM Reply   
Chris,

First off i think you've got a great idea and props for starting a site. I think a Delta etiquette section is a great idea as well and wanted to make some other recomendations...

1) Complete the site ( 75-100%) prior to releasing it to the public... ( put up a under construction page )
2) It is a wakeboard releated/specific site, I'd stick w/ Watersport type sponsors...

these are just some personall opinions, anyways Good Luck

-= peace =-
Lzy
Old    wakeboarddelta            05-06-2004, 1:07 PM Reply   
Thanks for the suggestions... I'm getting it going as quickly as possible! The forum should now work, sorry for the problems anyone had registering! You can now log in and post. Aaron, thanks for the ideas, I know I probably should have gotten the site more complete, but I was pretty excited about it, and I do work fast so it won't take too long for content to get included. As for the sponsors, I'll be working on that soon!

For the etiquette you guys have suggested, go post it in the forum!
Old    jakeman            05-06-2004, 4:41 PM Reply   
Chris
I like how the buttons turn into water ripples when you wave the mouse over them.

late/jake
Old     (dcervenka)      Join Date: Sep 2002       05-06-2004, 5:52 PM Reply   
I thought those were phaser beams, not water ripples. shibby...
Old     (dcervenka)      Join Date: Sep 2002       05-06-2004, 6:36 PM Reply   
Suggestion #2, get permission to use Malibu's photos before you get a nasty letter from their lawyers...

http://www.malibuboats.com/photo_display.asp?url=images/boats_2004/Wakesetter_21XTi/w21xti_rdr_pg34_b.jpg
Old     (mike_schwenne)      Join Date: Nov 2002       05-06-2004, 6:44 PM Reply   
Please don't share secret spots. Part of the adventure is finding your own secret spot. Once they're exposed, it wont be secret anymore.
Mike Schwenne
www.westcoastcamps.com
Old     (scott_a)      Join Date: Dec 2002       05-06-2004, 8:24 PM Reply   
dude...there is a fishing ad on the right side...
Old    jakeman            05-06-2004, 11:04 PM Reply   
dcervenka
I have a crappy video card at work
they looked like ripples
at home they look like a laser light show

Chris
what are they?