Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through April 26, 2009

Old     (cmcathy1)      Join Date: Dec 2007       04-12-2009, 5:30 PM Reply   
I’m about to start my first stereo project and based on the diagram, the SYN 6 requires two batteries. I already have 2 batteries in places now, but one is just for starting. Aside from a threesome setup run by the SYN 6, I will also be running a 500 watt amp for a sub, and the HU will run the in boats. I don’t do much “party coving” so the boat should be running for the most part. So does anyone know if I need to add a third battery?

Upload
Old     (cmcathy1)      Join Date: Dec 2007       04-12-2009, 5:34 PM Reply   
Also, are those in "line fuses" it's calling for (from the battery) in the diagram? If so, what's a good one to get and what amp fuse do you use?
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       04-12-2009, 5:44 PM Reply   
If you are only running a 3-Some on the Syn6, I'm not sure you need 3 sets of RCA's going to the amp.

2nd, if you wire your batteries in parallel, you may end up with 2 dead batteries. Isolate them with either and ACR, Diode Iso, or perko type switch. $.02
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       04-12-2009, 5:53 PM Reply   
Wet Sounds recommends 4ga power and ground cable and a 120A circuit protection, I prefer marine rated manual-reset circuit breakers.
Old     (cmcathy1)      Join Date: Dec 2007       04-12-2009, 6:01 PM Reply   
Thanks TigeMike, I'll also be installing a WS 420, so I'm not overly concerned about the RCA aspect of the install at this point. I just don't want to overload anything/ strand myself in the middle of the lake.

I've got a perko switch now, but I normally just run it on "ALL" and I haven't had any problems. But with this new setup, do I need to parallel two batteries on one switch and have a cranking battery on the other?
Old     (cmcathy1)      Join Date: Dec 2007       04-12-2009, 6:03 PM Reply   
Something like this?

http://www.stingerelectronics.com/productDetails.aspx?delineate=408&CategoryID=-1&ParentID=-1