Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 29, 2007

Old     (rodltg2)      Join Date: Oct 2005       11-19-2007, 8:00 PM Reply   
I would like to sponsor some riders to help promote my store and help grow the sport by supporting some up and coming riders. I would like to know what kind what kind of perks/support some of these riders are getting.( besides a free boat ).I realize some may not want to discuss it on a public forum so if you wish to help me out i can be emailed at rod@wakecraftboats.com.
Old     (dlwsrider)      Join Date: Apr 2007       11-19-2007, 8:04 PM Reply   
My shop sponsor works well with our team and has come up with some deals that work out to everyones favor.

The deal was that each team rider recived a new board and bindings, and that every year, we traded our set up for a brand new one. Then, they sold our old set ups so they broke about even, and their riders got new gear.

and about wholesale price on anything in the proshop.

in return, we help out at boat shows, ride in local tournaments, and help out at shop events.
Old     (westsidarider)      Join Date: Feb 2003       11-19-2007, 8:44 PM Reply   
yea thats how it was when i had a shop sponsor before i moved from so-cal. when i had a board sponsor they would help me out in other ways. i had a snowboard in the winter from them. they paid for all my contests. didnt have wholesale though on anything in the store. i think if i remember correctly it was about 30% off retail, maybe even 20%, but on expensive things they would hook me up with a pro form through a rep. its been a long time. i know they helped me out alot. we had a great business as well as personal relationship. it was a great deal. big props out to SPORTS LTD in woodland hills california. thanks again guys. i miss ya.
Old     (norcalbordr)      Join Date: Feb 2006       11-20-2007, 6:42 AM Reply   
I used to ride for Mid State Marine while I was down in Cal Poly and they hooked me up with a complete board/binidng set up plus I got a vest as well. Its all about giving back to the shop that hooks you up though, I used to come in on weekends and just hang out and help sell boards when they were short handed on sales reps. Plus I was in the Cal Poly Wakeboard Club so i used to send a lot of business their way. I would take a few boards out to Nacimiento on our weekend trips to the lake so people could demo the boards so they were pretty stoked on that. It made a few more sales for them at least.
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       11-20-2007, 1:49 PM Reply   
My shop sponsor is The House Boardshop in Little Canada MN, www.the-house.com they are a pretty big deal.

They give me anything in the store basically at cost, pay for contest entries, and give us pretty much anything wake related for free, and tons of tee-shirts and hoodys. Works out good for them because none of us really need any wake related gear being factory sponsored, except for the occasional emergency. (they did kick me a snowboard, thank guys).

In return I plug them like crazy all over the place, my boards, my truck, my boat every where. Help out at contest and pretty much anything they sponsor or at boat shows what not I am there. We actually hang out in the shop a lot and help sell wakeboards, which in my case are usually O'briens!

Hope that helps,

Thanks everyone at the House and all my sponsors!

Go Buy a Tee!
Upload
Old     (dlwsrider)      Join Date: Apr 2007       11-20-2007, 10:58 PM Reply   
Oh, i forgot to mention, my sponser also helps out with entry fee, thats a big plus.

my sponser also tries to hook up its riders with board companies that they carry, it works well for everyone.
Old     (wakeparent)      Join Date: Jan 2005       11-21-2007, 6:29 AM Reply   
Our shop sponsor is great does all the above...
http://www.theboardshack.com/index.html

also carry's alot of sick product!
Old    110outlet            11-21-2007, 11:24 AM Reply   
I just recently got picked up with a small local sponsor, board bindings and entry fee and discount in the store. My suggestion is dont go out and just get the best riders, a variety of ages and skills allows people to see your product more. Also people that frequent the store, you know they already support your product and will rep you properly. I away to see how they carry them selves is to invite a few to come out and ride togeather, if ones a big jerk and rude well ya say thanks for coming out and theres no strings attached.
Old     (dlwsrider)      Join Date: Apr 2007       11-21-2007, 5:25 PM Reply   
Jason is right, riders that win the contests are not always the most effective

a rider that has a great attitude, and is very well known/liked in your local scene will do more for you than a guy that kills it but nobody really knows.

Also look for people in lower classes that show alot of potential, a sponser can help push them out of intermidiate/advanced into outlaw if the rider has the drive
Old     (clay_fraley)      Join Date: Jul 2006       11-25-2007, 2:15 PM Reply   
YEEA Caleb, Diamond Lakes REPRESENT!!! haha

But yea, if you ride for a shop the guys that manage the team def need to help you out as much as possible. I couldnt ask more from Diamond Lakes, they have given me like 3 or 4 boards and 3 or 4 pair of bindings this year cuz Ive broken so much and they dont even think twice about it. They just say pick out what you want and you got it.

And we also have a Pro and an Am team, basically we just get more Perks on the Pro team than the Am team does, but it helps so much for the up and comers
Old     (dlwsrider)      Join Date: Apr 2007       11-25-2007, 9:00 PM Reply   
Stupid AMs

:-)
Old     (clay_fraley)      Join Date: Jul 2006       11-27-2007, 7:52 AM Reply   
hahahaha