Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 27, 2006

Old     (tyboarder03)      Join Date: Nov 2003       07-24-2006, 8:55 PM Reply   
Ok so went to our dealer about a month and a half ago, and wanted to get a price on the Switchblade and PerfectPass(with install), and took the boat in for service yesterday and after no word back all month they still have no numbers for me to look at except it'll cost me 780$$ to get PP installed, which does me no good without the price of the unit. How much will I pay for Wakeboard Pro, and what have you guys paid for install before?? Is it easy to do yourself, Im very hands on and have access to almost any tools. thanks
Old     (smackus)      Join Date: Apr 2004       07-25-2006, 5:25 AM Reply   
My local MC dealer said the unit would cost me $1100 and he would install it for $100. I was shocked at how low the price was. They are good people...
Old     (jayc)      Join Date: Sep 2002       07-25-2006, 6:57 AM Reply   
If your hands on then do it yourself. I can't see why there are so many people coming on here asking the price of PP, surely its way easier just to go to the PP site and look at the price there! While your there you can also download the install manual and work out if its within your skill set and save you posting the question "how easy is it to install?"

In a nut shell PP = $1100, fitting can be one by anyone who can read and use a drill, screwdriver and spanner.
Old     (tyboarder03)      Join Date: Nov 2003       07-25-2006, 9:41 AM Reply   
Gee Jay thanks how about you just dont respond next time and I'll sure be better off.

David- Thanks for the response. Id rather not do it myself but if its gonna cost 2/3 of what the unit costs to get it installed then I probably will
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       07-25-2006, 9:56 AM Reply   
On the new boats...all you have to do is plug it in and change the gauge.
Old     (fill_er_up)      Join Date: May 2006       07-25-2006, 9:57 AM Reply   
Bot mine via Boardco. Free shipping and points to use on next purchase -- a great excuse to get more stuff(!). The manual provides full install instruction but I let a local dealer punch the hole and do the electrical for $175 which I think is a deal. They did offer a "lake test" for another $75 but I passed as this is the speed check and calibration you can do as shown in the manual with a GPS. Mine was off by 2mph so make sure you do it. Enjoy the ride
Old     (jayc)      Join Date: Sep 2002       07-25-2006, 11:29 PM Reply   
So you wait a month for the dealer to tell you they will charge $780 per hour for labour and they still cant give you a price for the unit and yet you complain that les than 24hrs later I can give you a price for the unit and tell you that you;ll be able to install it yourself saving you $780!

I can certainly see that you'll be better off if you wait for that dealer to install it and rip you off at the same time. 1 month to get an answer means if you drop your boat off now perhaps it might be ready for the 2007 season.
Old     (tyboarder03)      Join Date: Nov 2003       07-26-2006, 8:41 AM Reply   
Jay-once again read my above post... and its 780 total for the install not per hour.
Old     (garret_s)      Join Date: Apr 2006       07-26-2006, 8:44 AM Reply   
still a freaking rippoff dude...
Old     (boarder_x)      Join Date: Mar 2006       07-26-2006, 9:28 AM Reply   
Dealer's charge about $100/ hr for labor. They are charging you for almost 8 hours worth of work.

There are MANY threads here, and on (I think!) wakesiderides.com that explain how to install PP. All of them are geared for the first timer. All say it should take about 2-4 hours, depending on mounting difficulties, and help.
Old     (josnow1)      Join Date: Apr 2006       07-26-2006, 9:33 AM Reply   
I checked with my local shop and for the unit plus install would cost $1250. So Tyler, that $780 is a bad choice. Is there any other shops close by to get a second quote?
Old     (jayc)      Join Date: Sep 2002       07-26-2006, 12:29 PM Reply   
As said by Robb, dealer charges run approx 100/hr so your paying for nearly 8 hrs or a full working day. A home diyer can do it in 2-4 hrs so a dealer with workshop and previous experience will now exactly how it goes and can turn the job around in 1/4 to 1/2 that. As your boat is a 2005 chances are it uses the paddle wheel speedo any how so 1/2 the work is already done. Its just a case of fitting the servo and guage. 30 - 45mins work there so that $780 seems an even poorer deal.

Still can't see why I need to re read your post, you ask how much PP is. I tell you its $1100, you also ask how easy it is to install and I tell you its easy if you can read use a drill, screwdriver and spanner. They are the only tools you'll need.

Only other thing I can do to make it easier for you is come over and install it for you but seeing as I'm in the UK its a bit too far for an hours work. However if I was charging the price your dealer wants I could most likely get the flights and still turn a small profit!
Old    ausbill32            07-27-2006, 8:42 AM Reply   
I got my Perfect Pass Wakeboarding Pro from my Supra dealer for my 2006 21v and including tax it was $1731.79. It's going to cost another $450 for the install. I thought this was pricey but they ordered the PP to match my dash. I found it cheaper on the internet but the main reason why I purchased it through Supra was because he added as part of my 6 year warranty I purchased. So for the few extra hundred bucks I paid now may result in less money down the road.
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       07-27-2006, 8:49 AM Reply   
William, not to "kick you in the nuts" so to speak, but PP have a very low failure rate. Most people have zero problems. They are covered for the first year anyways (time period any real problems will occur); you got taken to the cleaners on the price. you can order the PP to match yoru dash too, for no additional cost. I hate to see people screwed that bad.
Old     (wakemaniac69)      Join Date: Nov 2004       07-27-2006, 11:21 AM Reply   
I would order it on line from perfect pass, they have excellent technical support and do the installation yourself. It's basic mechanical/technical stuff. If you can drill a 2" diameter hole thru the hull(hole saw from local hardware store, $5.00), the rest is super easy. I would contact PP to locate the "thru the hull paddle wheel". Turbulence under the hull is said to cause funny speed readings. I just finished wiring mine in last night. Works perfect.