Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (mc_x15)      Join Date: Jul 2008       07-15-2010, 10:17 AM Reply   
Just stumbled across this article. Not sure what to think of it. Pretty crazy stuff.

http://www.helium.com/items/1882339-...-killing-event
Old     (jon43)      Join Date: Aug 2003       07-15-2010, 10:56 AM Reply   
wow carpe diem
but I hope not I will be in slidel next week
Old     (barry)      Join Date: Apr 2002       07-15-2010, 11:48 AM Reply   
Seriously?
Old     (trace)      Join Date: Feb 2002       07-15-2010, 3:25 PM Reply   
I'm no geologist, but it's hard to see how a relatively small hole thru 5000' of seafloor could initiate a geologic event. Especially since, if anything, the pressure is actually being relieved to some small degree.
Old     (wakeboardingdad)      Join Date: Aug 2008       07-15-2010, 3:53 PM Reply   
I think I'm burying my head in the proverbial sand on this one. If it's true, there is nothing anyone can do.

Last edited by wakeboardingdad; 07-15-2010 at 3:56 PM.
Old     (trace)      Join Date: Feb 2002       07-15-2010, 7:22 PM Reply   
Happened across this on Yahoo...

http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_upshot...ne-eruption-no
Old     (JJ)      Join Date: Feb 2010       07-15-2010, 9:19 PM Reply   
I think there is some truth to it.

http://pangea.stanford.edu/research/...aneGeology.pdf
Old     (brettw)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-16-2010, 8:28 AM Reply   
I was thinking of that same article that Trace posted I just read the other day. I guess some of these doomsday theories could be true, but you need to be careful who you listen to and take in all the sources.

“I wouldn’t believe that at all," Gregory Stone, director of the Louisiana State University Coastal Studies Institute, told us. "There’s a lot of press out there in regards to this event that is just inaccurate. We’ve got some of the best scientists in the world here, and we’re not concerned about that scenario at all."
Old     (wakeboardingdad)      Join Date: Aug 2008       07-16-2010, 9:19 PM Reply   
Seriously, if it is true, what are you going to do differently? It is almost like the 2012 theory. If it's true, I should be taking vacations and buying everything I want on balloon notes and stop paying everything off as fast as I can.