Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 09, 2003

Old    pg_wakeboarder            07-06-2003, 11:35 PM Reply   
How do u get a good pop for an ollie or bunnyhop or whatever u call it on a wakeboard. I can get maybe half a foot at the most. I can skateboard and can ollie 4 decks so i know how it works but i can't get a decent one on my wakeboard. Any tips?
Old    mt_hed            07-07-2003, 6:41 AM Reply   
It helps me when i use all of my weight in my ollies. I kinda push the board down, then almost roll all of my weight towards the tail. Then i push the tail down as hard as i can and pop straight up while leveling the nose out. It's confusing at first, but then it's like learning to ride a bike
Old     (cbv)      Join Date: Sep 2002       07-07-2003, 6:54 AM Reply   
I do the same as Max. Sometimes I edge out getting a bit of speed before I do the jump...that way my board is mostly on top of the water and I can push it down further getting a better pop.
Old    hlboatsnboards            07-07-2003, 7:05 AM Reply   
I find that if you can find an object in the water to ollie, it seems to help a lot. I never thought I could ollie that high till I started trying things like that. Something as small as a slalom course buoy or a log will do. I have a Rave slider and just hit it from a perpindicular angle. Started with an ollie over the up ramp and worked my way up till I could ollie over the highest part. From there I moved to buoys and just worked on getting over them without "jibbing" them. Now its not uncommon for me to find a nice high dock to try and ollie over. Just a thought.

Bill