Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 22, 2008

Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       09-12-2008, 2:31 PM Reply   
So I have been bringing back my halfcab toeside backroll. A trick I havent done since maybe 2000, due to dropping ropes out way farther and casing the crap out of the landing (knocked me out). Last couple of session I brought them back, out at 87 feet. I cased the first few then started sticking them no problem. I decided it was switch pete (grabless for the moment) time. The rotation was simple and I had no problems there. But I was casing again like mad when I added the extra 180. I pulled the rope in the next day to 75 feet and I stuck the forth one I tried and I am like 75% on them at 75 feet. I cannot for the life of me stop casing the wake when I drop the rope back out to 87 feet. I can do a half cab ts back at 87 but no pete, wtf-

Anybody else doing these? Got any tips to bring the switch
Old     (norcalbordr)      Join Date: Feb 2006       09-12-2008, 3:03 PM Reply   
Andy, I would say you are a better rider than 99% of the people who post on WW from what you just said you are throwing down so good luck getting tips. I can't throw Pete's so I'm not even gonna attempt to give advice but I would say video tape yourself and watch what you are doing. You know enough to be able to watch yourself and critique what you are doing wrong. Maybe you are just leaving a split second too early from the wake and you will notice that once you watch yourself on video. Thats my problem is that I ride with 1 or 2 guys who throw down like I can so I'm always the one teaching newer riders. My best advice I get is either when I watch video of myself, or when my friends tell me to just sack up and land it or else I will get punched in the nuts once I get back on the boat.
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       09-12-2008, 3:17 PM Reply   
Jason-

Thanks for the complement about my riding! You would be amazed tho as to who comes out of the wood work to respond to posts like this. I dont want to name drop but a lot of "pro's" shoot me emails to Q's like this one.
Old     (mbsteez)      Join Date: May 2005       09-12-2008, 4:49 PM Reply   
it sounds like maybe you're getting a bit anxious and throwing it just that hair early that will make you case? or something...
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       09-12-2008, 5:06 PM Reply   
that's what i was thinking, too, but i didn't want to say anything since i can't even do a toe-back.

switch-pete...that's ridiculous dude! post a vid of you stickin' it!
Old     (wakedad33)      Join Date: Oct 2005       09-12-2008, 6:25 PM Reply   
Andy, you need an e-mail from D-Block on that trick Alex & Rob C are both instructing at Mt. B this winter, you know the dates your coming out to Bend, should have you hooked up for day passes.
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       09-12-2008, 7:25 PM Reply   
SICK! I will let you know RANDY!
Old     (lfxstar)      Join Date: Jul 2001       09-12-2008, 7:31 PM Reply   
Do you know how to do them regular? I can't do them switch, but for regular pete's the key is to really reach for the grab. It helps you wait for your pop so you can take it wake to wake. You don't have to get the grab, but the closer you come, the better the chances are you land the trick. Most people case on pete's because they huck their shoulders to hard off the wake trying to get that three, which is when you do the classic overrotate to skipping out on your butt, or only going 270 and getting annihilated
Old    walt            09-12-2008, 7:46 PM Reply   
Andy,
If you can't get it figured out let me know and I'll brake it down for you.

Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       09-12-2008, 8:55 PM Reply   
Switch Petes? WTF are you talking about ???
Old     (focker)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-13-2008, 8:33 AM Reply   
same Q as kyle, can you do them regular?

I do them regular, but not switch. Obviously, be it switch or regular, execution needs to be the same. The key to getting Pete's for me was edging all the way through the wake and really maximizing the vertical pop. Also kind of throwing it 'out the back' so to speak helps the trick flow easier. When I do these two things, it almost feels as if I 'fall into' the last 180 coming out of the trick. It's an extremely smooth feeling trick and lands like a feather, my favorite trick to do.
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       09-13-2008, 9:59 AM Reply   
Kyle and David.

The Regular Pete is a trick that has busted me off for years. I have done a few but 90% of the time I get so worked its crazy. Shoulders are the problem for sure. I bet anythig I am hucking like hell with my shoulder I am so focused on the the three its nuts. If I dont focus on it I 270 the thing and get spanked right good.!

(Message edited by andy nintzel on September 13, 2008)
Old     (poodle)      Join Date: Oct 2005       09-13-2008, 11:31 AM Reply   
when i do them i also do them regular but i agree 100% with david its all about the edge up threw the wake and i find the if i dont grab it its harder to land i think the grab puts me in a better position to land it idn maybe do a few late roll to blinds first to its basicly the same rotation good luck!
Old     (hawk7)      Join Date: Apr 2007       09-13-2008, 2:45 PM Reply   
I cant do normal petes, toe back 2 revert, or even toeside backrolls, but I just got my s/w t/s 3 back yesterday. I realize you are better than I will ever be, but I was just thinkin about what you said "If I dont focus on it I 270 the thing and get spanked right good.!" you probobly shouldn't listen to me but I was just wonderin if you have your s/w t/s 3 110% dialed. I'm thinkin if the 3 is second nature you won't focus in it quite so much ?Anyway, like I said, I can't even get myself upside down.

The X-Mobe is a cool trick, good luck.
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       09-13-2008, 3:42 PM Reply   
Trevor good ups man. Yeah I got my switch ts 3s and 5s dialed so close on the seven it kills me! Its raining like MAD in MN right now. I wanna get out there and keep trying these gotta get 'em before the lakes freeze!
Old     (mkrueger313)      Join Date: Jan 2007       09-13-2008, 5:16 PM Reply   
Good luck gettin that andy... I know what you mean about the lakes freezing. I can already feel the water starting to get a little chilly over here in Northern Wisconsin. Hopefully you get the switch pete before all the lakes turn over.