Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through April 17, 2007

Old     (erock_15)      Join Date: Aug 2006       03-20-2007, 10:00 AM Reply   
I know this has been done before in other places, but not here in South Arkansas. We are an organization that is trying to get some of the kids that were like us when we were growing up out to the lake. The kids that would see the big ski boats go by and wish we could be on them. Check us out on myspace at www.myspace.com/wakeboardersforchrist
and add us to your friends list!
We'll have pics up of what we're doing once it gets warm enough to get the kids out to the lake!
Old     (pickle311)      Join Date: Oct 2005       03-20-2007, 10:24 AM Reply   
isn't it a sin to inbreed and molest little boys? we all know that's common in Arkansas. I did see the movie Deliverance.
J/K bro, you're doing a good thing, keep it up.
Old     (tcluv85)      Join Date: Jan 2004       03-20-2007, 10:28 AM Reply   
Here is a group in Washington that has a bunch of wakeboarders in it, Extreme Sports Christians.

http://www.xschristians.com/
Old     (dekay)      Join Date: Sep 2006       03-20-2007, 11:30 AM Reply   
Whoah, Shane. Not cool, man, even if you WERE joking.
Old     (clayton191)      Join Date: Apr 2006       03-20-2007, 1:16 PM Reply   
Check out the southtown riders - They are a christian supported ministry. I'll look up their myspace page and give u the url. They are financially backed and do some stuff in texas i think (not totally sure on that) -- My buddy in Kansas City is teaming up with them up here to start a simular program.
Old     (wakeboardnchica)      Join Date: Oct 2005       03-20-2007, 1:31 PM Reply   
southtown does a lot in SC and NC. They're backed by Supra and some other companies

www.southtownriders.com
http://www.myspace.com/southtownriders
Old     (clayton191)      Join Date: Apr 2006       03-20-2007, 1:36 PM Reply   
Emily,

Maybe you're right, I think they are SC/NC based...

my bad. According to my boys, they are a great organization to work with. We were taking a small youth group of kids out during the week every so often, but my friend is stepping it up a notch this year! ;)
Old     (erock_15)      Join Date: Aug 2006       03-20-2007, 2:25 PM Reply   
That's awesome man! We have been taking kids out with us when we go. But this year we have several days specifically set aside to hang out at the lake and take as many kids with the church vans as we can.

I have heard of the STR and checked their website out. That is kinda what we are shooting for, but not quite as big. It would be pretty sweet to get hooked up with them too. I've talked with Shaun Murray a little bit about it too. He's a bigtyme Christian and supports this kinda stuff. I also was seein if he'ld be able to stop by on his way through sometime.
Old     (ldr)      Join Date: Nov 2002       03-20-2007, 2:33 PM Reply   
Most church youth groups incorporate Scouting as well, so when you take kids out it would be a good time to have them work on their Waterski Merit Badge.

I just looked at the requirements and someone really needs to either come up with a wakeboarding merit badge or allow to waterski or wakeboard for the waterski merit badge
Old     (gmarkham1)      Join Date: Sep 2003       03-20-2007, 3:47 PM Reply   
I came across this link and remembered your post...
http://www.aquaskier.com/articles/water_ski_club_101.htm
Old     (jakoerber)      Join Date: Jul 2004       03-20-2007, 5:02 PM Reply   
i went to a camp called nosoca its a christian camp for all sorts of stuff. Loaded with really nice nautiques. Adam from the STR was the one to teach me a tantrum that was a few years back when i was 12 i believe good group
Old     (clay_fraley)      Join Date: Jul 2006       03-20-2007, 6:19 PM Reply   
Eric, are you the one we talked to about the INT leage at the last boat show?
Old     (jon_a)      Join Date: Feb 2003       03-20-2007, 8:45 PM Reply   
Hey Eric. This is Jon from Diamond Lakes WaterSports in Malvern. We'd be more than happy to help you guys out in any way. Just send me an email or give me call.
Old     (7890303)      Join Date: Sep 2006       03-20-2007, 8:55 PM Reply   
Shane, way outta line man. Find some other material bro. Youth groups are the way. If it wasnt for church activities when i was young I would have been locked up a long time ago.}
Old     (garret_s)      Join Date: Apr 2006       03-20-2007, 10:45 PM Reply   
STR is really cool, I'm hoping to catch them when they roll through MO again...
Old     (mucktoerider)      Join Date: Jan 2007       03-21-2007, 5:19 AM Reply   
If anyone is interested. I am doing a survey to start up a group in Michigan. Based on the response I get back will determine whether to push forward. My wife and I have been pondering this thought for a while now. With this day and age, I think it is important to form a Christian based group. And Extreme Sports is a great place to do just that. Give kids and adults opportunities to try some time behind a boat wakeboarding. Or head to some knarly trails to mountain bike. Jesus was extreme. Wakeboarding is probably as close as we are going to get to "walking on water." Yup Shaun Murray is a very good strong Christian. But don't forget Gerry Nunn, Emily Copeland-Durham, and Derek Grassman. All these big air pros are Christian. Keep the faith. And let me know if you (who are in or close to Michigan) are interested in a Christian based organization.
Old     (committed)      Join Date: Jul 2005       03-21-2007, 6:42 AM Reply   
Best of luck to you guys, good works matter...
Old     (erock_15)      Join Date: Aug 2006       03-21-2007, 6:33 PM Reply   
Hey thanks everybody! The links are great and we definately appreciate the prayers and support. We should have a real website sometime soon if we can figure out how to make one.
Clay, I'm not the one you talked to at the boat show that was probably Joey, but we are going to ride in the INT this year! In fact we just talked about it the other day. I did meet you last year at the event at Russelville though, which by the way you ripped it up pretty good at...

Jon, thanks man. I'm sure we are gonna need some help once this thing gets going good. I'm Jeff and James' next door neighbor over here in Monticello. And I think I may have met you at that INT event too, but I can't remember for sure. Anyways they said something the other day about STR coming down in like September or something. That's awesome man, we'll definately have to make that one!
Old     (erock_15)      Join Date: Aug 2006       03-21-2007, 6:36 PM Reply   
Here's what we have planned so far:

• Saturday May 26, 2007
Wakeboarders for Christ Day at the Lake #1

• Saturday June 9, 2007
INT stop #1 @ Burns Park

• Saturday June 23, 2007
INT stop # 3 @ Heber Springs

• Saturday June 30, 2007
Wakeboarders for Christ Day at the Lake #2

• Thursday July 12, 2007
AWAKE Conference @ Conway, AR

• Saturday July 21, 2007
INT stop #5 @ Lake Degray

• Saturday August 11, 2007
INT stop #7 @ Burns Park

• Saturday August 18, 2007
Wakeboarders for Christ Day at the Lake #3

All the planned days at the lake will be on Lake Monticello. And I don't know about the Sunday INT competitions. I talked with Joey about it a little, but he's a youth pastor and basically has to be here at church on Sunday mornings. I had the idea that maybe we could have a small service out where the comps are gonna be at. I play the guitar and lead worship a lot, but I would need some more people to help get that organized. So I don't know how well that will work this year.
Old     (mikemcmill)      Join Date: May 2002       03-22-2007, 9:20 AM Reply   
fOR THOSE OF YOU IN SAC i KNOW LAKESIDE CHURCH HAS A LAKESIDE RIDERS MINISTRY AND I AM PRETTY SURE BAYSIDE HAS ONE ALSO...BOTH AMAZING PROGRAMS!
Old     (wakeboardnchica)      Join Date: Oct 2005       03-22-2007, 11:40 AM Reply   
yea STR are really cool. They're really nice and down to earth. I rode at their Wake the Lake comp on lake norman last summer and it was awesome.

They're doing a US tour this summer
Old     (jon_a)      Join Date: Feb 2003       03-22-2007, 2:52 PM Reply   
Eric,

Yeah, STR is going to be coming through later this summer. Do you happen to know Fred Spears? He's involved with the youth in my church quite a bit and used to live in Monticello for a while.

That would be awesome if you guys could get something together on Sundays at the INT stops. I'm good friends with Brett and Missy (the INT coordinators and Clay is their son). I'd be happy to talk with them and get something together with you guys.

What is involved with your Wakeboarders for Christ Day at the Lake? If at all possible, I'd like to be able to break away and attend one. you can email me at diamondlakesws@yahoo.com.

(Message edited by Jon A on March 22, 2007)
Old     (wakeman7)      Join Date: Jan 2007       03-23-2007, 3:22 PM Reply   
I wish there was a christian riders group in florida.
Old     (bjames517)      Join Date: May 2006       03-23-2007, 5:41 PM Reply   
Anybody know of something like this in the nashville area or anywhere in TN?
Old     (clay_fraley)      Join Date: Jul 2006       03-23-2007, 7:03 PM Reply   
Ya, if you could send my some info on your Wakeboarders for Christ day I would love to attend a few 2! my email is, wakeboard_102@hotmail.com
Old     (erock_15)      Join Date: Aug 2006       03-24-2007, 5:46 PM Reply   
I'll email y'all something when we get like a program set up and all. I don't know what all we are gonna have yet, but we want it to be BIG! We want to get as many kids out there as we can and let them ride! Hopefully a good band, and definately lots of food! But I'll email y'all something more concrete asap.

I don't know of anything like this anywhere other than the ones listed on this discussion page and a few in like CA and AZ. BUT...we do want to start other charters in other places/states/countries??? We are in the process of discussing how to branch out and we have actually started talking with a guy in CA about starting a chapter or division or whatever you wanna call it of WFC over there. I've got a feeling it'll be huge and if you are at all interested in this email me at wakeboardersforchrist@yahoo.com.

In the name of the King
Eric
Old     (premier135rider)      Join Date: Oct 2002       03-24-2007, 10:59 PM Reply   
Whoa Andy haha i completely forgot about that haha, how you been bro? You ride on keowee? I have been up here at clemson for a while now...how you been i havne't been bye nasoca for while....
Old     (malibu_monkey)      Join Date: Apr 2006       03-25-2007, 5:43 AM Reply   
Here is another one in the NC area.
http://three20.org/index.php
Old     (rovert1515)      Join Date: Mar 2007       03-28-2007, 4:42 PM Reply   
Hey Adam and Andy......Nosoca did rock! Got some trivia for you. Who has the most pimp ride at Nosoca? Who taught Andy his first back roll? And who was driving for Adam's first triple up that sent him 25 ft in the air? Peace boys!
Old     (jakoerber)      Join Date: Jul 2004       03-28-2007, 6:01 PM Reply   
Tevor? Haha dont tell me thats you thatd be too weird but it does say canada what you been up?
Old     (dluttr)      Join Date: Jun 2006       03-28-2007, 6:08 PM Reply   
Hey rover..are you speaking of Noscoca Pines summer camp in North Carolina? If so, I visited there years ago.
Old     (jakoerber)      Join Date: Jul 2004       03-28-2007, 7:48 PM Reply   
haha im an idiot i just got you rname is trevor backwards but indeed yes rover haha
Old     (wawakeboarder5)      Join Date: Feb 2006       03-28-2007, 8:33 PM Reply   
who are all the christian wakeboard pros
Old     (premier135rider)      Join Date: Oct 2002       03-28-2007, 9:33 PM Reply   
lol whats up Trevor how you been? Haha yeah that triple was pretty beefy. Missed you at the dealer meeting this year i was looking for ya!
Old     (erock_15)      Join Date: Aug 2006       03-29-2007, 6:40 AM Reply   
I know murray and emily copeland are, but I'm not sure about who else would be.
Old     (ballsdeep)      Join Date: Nov 2005       03-29-2007, 8:30 AM Reply   
After reading the Malibu Boat mag, it looks like the Vandall is.
Old     (mucktoerider)      Join Date: Jan 2007       03-29-2007, 11:33 AM Reply   
Eric......Add Gerry Nunn and Derek Grassman to the list with Shaun Murray and Emily Copeland-Durham. I would not be surprised if there is quite a few more.
Old     (rovert1515)      Join Date: Mar 2007       03-29-2007, 12:26 PM Reply   
Dave, yeah, that'd be the camp. Andy and Adam, it's been way too long. Sent some other staff to the dealer meetings this years so I could go snowmobiling! I should be there next year! How goes the battle?
Old     (andrew_dyrhood)      Join Date: Oct 2005       03-29-2007, 12:51 PM Reply   
Eric, you guys should definately swing by beaver this year. We could have very good turn out up here aswell. I know a lot of kids from my church's youth would love to join up. I'm not sure if there is an INT stop up here this year or not, but if so you could team up with that like the other stops. I'll help with anything just let me know
Old     (premier135rider)      Join Date: Oct 2002       03-29-2007, 1:55 PM Reply   
Battle is good dude finally back to riding 100% and have been learning a good bit of new stuff, if i can put it all together by may i might try to qualify but we will see....you riding up there yet? water is 73 here already!
Old     (erock_15)      Join Date: Aug 2006       03-29-2007, 2:40 PM Reply   
Scott, cool...those where the only ones I knew of at the time.

Andrew, we'll be at all of the int stops this year. I think they took Beaver off for this year though. If you guys can make it to AWAKE in Conway that would be awesome. I can send you some more info if you want it...thanks for the offer to help. I'm sure we'll take you up on it before long. Since this is our first year we are kinda stayin small. But hopefully next year we can start goin around the state on weekends. I know with my job, family, church, and what we have planned already it's gonna be a pretty busy summer...
Old     (bassmanjoshis)      Join Date: Feb 2005       03-29-2007, 9:18 PM Reply   
Power to ya Eric and all the rest of you doing that. I'm hoping to help out @ muskoka woods this summer for a week with the wakeboarding camp there. It's a christian based camp, that takes in anybody for a ton of activities. I believe in what they do. there is also 180 wake tv which seems to be Christ based and is shown on a 'christian' based cable channel up here in Canada, but teh show is great! Wakeboarding on tv has come a long way since World Of Wakeboarding ;) Keep it up man! Maybe try and hook up with them too to help with getting the word out there.

http://www.myspace.com/oneightywaketv

(Message edited by bassmanjoshis on March 29, 2007)
Old     (erock_15)      Join Date: Aug 2006       03-30-2007, 6:36 AM Reply   
Josh, thanks man we appreciate everybody's support! It's gonna take a lot of things to do this right but most importantly prayer! I haven't seen wakeboarding on TV down here in a LONG time...if we wanna watch something to do with it we have to buy a movie or watch our own films.
Old     (poon)      Join Date: Dec 2001       03-30-2007, 7:28 AM Reply   
check out www.steelroots.com, its a cool site.
Old     (mucktoerider)      Join Date: Jan 2007       03-30-2007, 7:37 AM Reply   
Arun...godd site...thanks man!
Old     (erock_15)      Join Date: Aug 2006       03-30-2007, 8:27 AM Reply   
ditto scott...that is a good site!
Old     (erock_15)      Join Date: Aug 2006       04-02-2007, 10:01 AM Reply   
Just to let you guys know we put some pictures up from last weeks ride. Got some pretty good ones of the kids riding!

And we moved the date of the first WFC day at the lake up to April 28 if y'all were plannin on comin!
Old     (mucktoerider)      Join Date: Jan 2007       04-03-2007, 11:09 AM Reply   
Cappy.....read the article here on WakeWorld about the Vandall. He is definitely a Christian. I am really glad to see so many believer's in Christ in this sport. Now if we (in Michigan) could celebrate Easter on the H2O, life would be perfect. But it is only going to be in the mid 30's for the high. huhh!