Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through December 14, 2003

Old    wakeboard_iraq            10-09-2003, 1:46 PM Reply   
A friend sent me an email loaded with stupid pictures - this was one of them. Too bad it is not a wakeboard boat behind the toy car.

Dont supposed he'd have much luck getting up the hill at San Vicinte....
New Rig
Old    lachlantait            10-09-2003, 7:58 PM Reply   
i dont suppose he'd be able to to it back up the boat ramp after putting it on, are you sure its not foto shopped?
Old     (hyperlitenrd)      Join Date: Jan 2003       10-09-2003, 7:59 PM Reply   
you know, he could have just back uped to it ;-)
Old    lachlantait            10-09-2003, 8:29 PM Reply   
now that is some logical thinking hyperlitenerd
hehe nerd
Old    mattameo            10-09-2003, 8:32 PM Reply   
uh yeahh.. you can tell there is a gap between it and the boat and also.. there looks to be a block under the left wheele...
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       10-10-2003, 7:45 AM Reply   
I think it was pretty obvious that he wasn't actually towing with that car. It's just a funny pick.
Old    wakeboard_iraq            10-10-2003, 8:17 AM Reply   
LIke I said, it was in a bunch of stupid pics (that was actually the subject line of the email). I dont have any details on it. Just thought it was funny. Here are two more pics from the email - neither wake related.

Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       10-10-2003, 8:32 AM Reply   
sweet!
Old    reddog25cf            10-10-2003, 12:15 PM Reply   
Just random fact.... I think anyway.... the car in the first car is actually called a Smart. It's widely used in SPL applications in the car audio world of Europe. Very small interior along with high resonant frequency leads to world record db readings. In case you all were wondering I'm a car audio installer and a regular both on this forum and the termpro forum. www.termpro.com haha.... wow, and I'm getting paid at work to do all this... what a job....
Old    wakeboard_iraq            10-10-2003, 1:12 PM Reply   
Do you have anything to say about the tank Sean. I've been around those and I bet the DB rating kicks the s*&t out of the "smart".

Just bustin' you.
Old    reddog25cf            10-10-2003, 1:18 PM Reply   
Actually I was going to say something about the tank, but I'm not real familiar with what type of voltage system it runs. As long as it is under 18 volts, it would be able to run in dbDrags... not sure what class though. But being built with so much steel and such, I'm sure it would produce quite a high SPL. However there are so many rules in dbDrags I'm not real familiar with, I'm not sure if it would be legal or not. haha... Ok, I'm done blabbering..... does that give ya an idea Jim?? haha, I'm bored at work, and sitting here blabbering about nothing is the most creative thing I can think of. LOL
Old    wakeboard_iraq            10-10-2003, 2:11 PM Reply   
Since that is not one of our tanks - I dont know what kind of power system it has. I was referring to the db when they fire the main gun. You dont want to be too close!
Old    shanny            10-10-2003, 2:14 PM Reply   
yo guys the pic is me
wake
Old    reddog25cf            10-10-2003, 2:16 PM Reply   
Well actually the shop I work at sponsors an Extreme 5-8 dbDrag competitor who recently did 174.4db. That's getting up there close to sitting next to the space shuttle when it blasts off. haha... pretty crazy.... http://www.termpro.com/asp/competitorstats.asp?Competitor_ID=4972&Season=2003
Old    shanny            10-10-2003, 2:25 PM Reply   
yo guys i need some advice on a new wakeboard should i get the cwb pure or the cwb inferno or the freedom
Old    wakeboard_iraq            10-10-2003, 2:32 PM Reply   
Adam, the best way for you to get responses on this is to start your own thread.
Old    wakeboard_iraq            10-10-2003, 2:32 PM Reply   
Adam, the best way for you to get responses on this is to start your own thread.

And what is this "yo" crap.
Old    reddog25cf            10-10-2003, 2:33 PM Reply   
when did this post become a "post whatever you want" thread? haha
Old    wakeboard_iraq            10-10-2003, 2:38 PM Reply   
Adam is only 14 so I am going to cut him a break on his commanding grip of the English language - have you seen his other posts?
Old    reddog25cf            10-10-2003, 2:47 PM Reply   
I can't say I have.... my apologies... didn't realize the age....
Old     (wakestar8878)      Join Date: Oct 2003       10-10-2003, 4:26 PM Reply   
The first picture reminds me of a place on the river (Colorado River) called Lost Lake, and everyone there has golf carts and they rent them also. But everyone there launches their boats with electric golf carts. I didn't think it was possible but..I guess it is.

hmmm ok thats my 2 cents
Old     (wakescene)      Join Date: Feb 2001       10-14-2003, 8:16 PM Reply   
174.4db is Patrick/Alma Gates territory, didnt realize anyone had gotten that close!

I thought 174.4db was the leading record...no?

KG

Old    reddog25cf            10-15-2003, 6:24 AM Reply   
Kevin - Alma was up there on the old meters but that's been a few years back. The new termlab meter is much more difficult, but however you are correct... a 174.4 would be the new world record, although I've just been informed that he's not hitting quite that high yet. Hopefully he will be by World Finals at the end of this month. He's got the potential to get that high, but keeps blowing subs (I guess that's what happens when you put about 7000W to each sub)
Old     (laptom)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-15-2003, 7:35 AM Reply   
Hee that is a smart from the Netherlands (regonize the licence plate). It's pretty common over here that a Smart (the car it is) is towing a boat like that. You need a Diesel in it, but it will do... At the boat launch you need to attach the smart to some tree, preventing it to submerge the car when the boat is on the trailer .

Cheers