Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Trick Tips

Old                07-15-2004, 12:45 PM Reply   
Could some help with a good description of how this trick is to be done? Thanks
Old                08-09-2004, 4:54 AM Reply   
Hi Terry,
i find the best way to get into the bk slide position is think about doing a bk side surface 360. First cut heelside a little then cut bk onto your toes as you do this push your bk leg out, so the board goes horizonal.Now start leaning bk so you get a massive spray. I let go with my bk hand, this helps me with balance and if you lean far enough bk your hand will skim the surface of the water. Soon you will be able 2 do this in 1 smooth motion and it will look great.
I hope this helps,Richard AKA mk wakeboarder
Old     (wake_eater)      Join Date: May 2003       08-09-2004, 8:12 PM Reply   
its alot easier on butter, trying to pull it on chop is almost impossible. cut away from the wake with good speed, then quickly cut the board back to the wake allowing the fins to break loose. when the board turns & u feel it break loose, lean back. hope this helps!
Old                08-10-2004, 8:17 AM Reply   
try it at a slower speed or the inside of turns first because the fins break loose easier. think of reaching for the handle the first couple of times to help get the board to slide.

wait did u mean back slide as in sliding along on your back with the board out of the water as if to do a tumbleturn?

(Message edited by edward on August 10, 2004)
Old    stoked27            08-10-2004, 9:14 AM Reply   
Slow the boat down to about 15 mph, kick your back foot out and at the same time try to break the rope over your hips on the opposite side. Thats how I learned it.
Old     (tparider)      Join Date: Aug 2003       08-10-2004, 10:47 AM Reply   
I think he's talking about an actual "BACK" slide - like on your back.

http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/3184/179839.html?1090447839

Terry - I know you want to learn this for the "point value" of the trick, but doing it is absolutely worthless in the grand scheme of becoming a better rider.
Old     (tparider)      Join Date: Aug 2003       08-10-2004, 11:20 AM Reply   
I just re-read my post and it sounded a little harsh -
Terry, I didn't mean anything offensive by my comment.
Old                08-11-2004, 3:40 PM Reply   
Yes, back slide Edward. Evan, sorry I don't understand "break the rope over your hips" would you explain. And when you say "kick your back foot out" is that to break the boards edge lose like for a side slide, then go to the back slide?
Thanks for responding guys. And no problem David, with the comment.
Old     (tparider)      Join Date: Aug 2003       08-12-2004, 9:07 AM Reply   
Terry - all the answers above were advising you on the proper way to perform a backside slide, ie - a power slide in the flats where you turn your body away from the boat, let go with one hand, your fins break loose from the water, and you slide with your board perpendicular to the path of the boat.

No one gave you advice on the Back Slide.
Old                08-12-2004, 12:15 PM Reply   
Ok, thanks no wonder I was confused, I've been trying that also. I'll read them again.
Old                09-06-2004, 12:47 PM Reply   
finally doing both of them layback and blindside toe slide. Thanks for the help.
Old     (wakeslife)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-28-2005, 4:27 PM Reply   
anyone else confused??
Old     (ss1234)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-28-2005, 5:23 PM Reply   
there was one...????