Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeskating

Old     (sloshake)      Join Date: Mar 2003       06-22-2004, 11:18 AM Reply   
Me and my sister were trying it this weekend and having fun. One of us would lay on the skate (foam top!! wouldnt recommend it on skate grip...) and hold onto the handles while getting pulled by the jetski.

At about 7mph it will start to plane and go nicely, then you start to get some enjoyable bumping at 13mph. We didnt make it past 16mph before either falling off or letting go in fear of a smack from the board.
Old    deiselgrover            06-22-2004, 11:21 AM Reply   
never seen that but have seen the skate used to start footin. Just sit on it and lean way back when you start. Pretty much just like a knee board. I also saw a guy step off the skate and start footin. That was pretty sweet.
Old     (jamie_lamar)      Join Date: Mar 2004       06-22-2004, 2:32 PM Reply   
Tell me you were lying on your back…

I tried to sit down with my knees bent so my feet where at the nose and my butt towards the back, but it didn’t work.
Old     (sloshake)      Join Date: Mar 2003       06-23-2004, 12:44 PM Reply   
We lay face down, with our chest leaning on the board a few inches from the nose. Which is why we let go after it starts bumping for fear of a major headache. Once its planing, you can even curl up yours legs and be completey our of the water.
Old     (jamie_lamar)      Join Date: Mar 2004       06-23-2004, 2:55 PM Reply   
Like Chad Sharpe on “Welcome” in the bonus on the broadcast. I tried it standing up on the landlock behind the waverunner… TOO CRAZY & FAST for me!!!
Old    vance            06-23-2004, 6:21 PM Reply   
be like parks and jump w2w on your belly and land with your feet on the board standing up