Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       06-20-2017, 12:13 PM Reply   
Curious if you surfers are seeing any push back from property owners about your wakes? I am seeing it on other boating forums. Mostly about people doing it in coves and constantly sending rollers into peoples docks.
Old     (boardjnky4)      Join Date: Dec 2011       06-20-2017, 12:49 PM Reply   
As a boat owner, you are responsible for your wake. I know that people who do watersports don't want to hear that, but it's the truth.

A friend of mine has a lake house in a narrow section of the lake. Even though it's legal to wakeboard/surf there, we don't. A little bit of courtesy goes a long way. We sure do hope that the neighbors notice our efforts on that front.

Luckily, most of the lakes I ride on don't have houses, but those that do, I'm always cognizant of where we're riding.
Old     (skiboarder)      Join Date: Oct 2006       06-20-2017, 1:41 PM Reply   
If you dock is about to fall over--It shouldn't turn the lake/river into a no wake zone.

If the tide is high in my neighborhood, the most I have seen is the sheriff move people along.
Old     (Mike88)      Join Date: Aug 2016       06-20-2017, 2:17 PM Reply   
Like Tom said we have to be courteous..

Up here our lake house is on a pretty small lake and many neighbors so the wakeboard waves are a concern.
Since the wakeboarding really pops up like 10- 12 years ago now almost everybody have a tow boat.

We have to be aware and responsable for each other.
We have a big part in the middle of the lake that we all share and we just don't make waves all around the edges. Simple like that.

But its sure that lake house with a stone wall on the edge of the lake is more vulnerable than a lake with no wakes allowed..
Many neighbors done the replacement And this is their concern. Even if they don't have wake boat.