Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (FreeRider209)      Join Date: Mar 2010       04-03-2010, 2:46 PM Reply   
I just got done reading the thread about Rathy's boat deal with MB. Who cares who he signed with? We should be happy that another boat company is stepping up and coming into the mix. I am from Nor Cal and have personally met the president of the company and from what I have seen he is a stand up guy. I work at boat dealership in Stockton, CA and have gone to MB's factory to pick up boats and he has personally come out and helped me hook up the boat and made sure everything was all good. But none of this should matter. The fact is is that one of the top pros in the sport changed boat sponsors and we should congratulate him. God knows that 90 percent of us that come on this website couldn't get a boat sponsor if our life depended on it.
As I recall when I started none of this mattered. I learned how to wakeboard behind a 1972 Keaton and watched my brothers best friend learn Raileys behind it with no tower and no ballast sytem. Back then it didn't matter how big your wake was or who was riding behind what. It was a family fun event to go out on the California Delta, find a beach and spend the day on the water til you got a sunburn.
I was also on Ricky G's thread about the new systemic 2.0 at Wolf Lakes and saw a bunch of negativity as well. Like I said before I work at a boat shop and I help run the pro shop as well. I know all of you have seen the decline in the sport due to the economy. Even when I get our monthly subscription to Alliance, I pick it up and it is about half the size of what it used to be. I guess what I am trying to say is that our sport is small and the current budget crisis isn't helping at all. But the few who have expeienced wakeboarding have a passion for it. Lets just keep it real and go out there and RIDE FREE.
If you got on this website for the first time and saw the negativity that people have been posting you might be turned away. Lets keep this sport strong and remember the roots. Us as fans and as riders need to do all we can to help keep this sport going. Lets quit all this negative nancy B.S. and just have fun.

Sorry if I sound like I am whining but I have a lot of spare time at work cause the season isn't quite here yet so I am on here a lot and I just thought something should be said.