Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through September 04, 2009

Old     (dmontandon)      Join Date: Jul 2006       08-13-2009, 9:42 AM Reply   
its an 06 MC, looking for help how to fix... Ive tried disconnecting the battery, The funny thing is that I can here it testing itself when I start the boat. Help!!!
Old     (cyclonecj)      Join Date: Jul 2001       08-13-2009, 9:52 AM Reply   
Dunno about your boat specifically, but I had a similar problem with mine, my 01 uses the Kaiser Medallion gauge package like a lot of other boats. The depth transducer is a little hockey puck with a wire coming out of it. Mine was glued to the hull, and the glue (silicone sealer) peeled away from the hull. I cleaned it and glued it down with some better silicone, all is good. If you can hear a slight clicking from the transducer, it's probably good.
Old     (talltigeguy)      Join Date: Sep 2003       08-13-2009, 12:02 PM Reply   
I can't believe you just posted this. My 2006 X45 just started doing this yesterday.

I think it has something to do with the fact that KING KONG put on the oil filter and I had to do a little smashing and bashing of my own to get the thing off. There was a good oil leak from the filter, and I worry the oil got on the tranducer. I put down some towels, but it was obviously not enough. I have not yet got in there to troubleshoot, but that is the only thing that changed, so that is what I am suspecting.
Old     (talltigeguy)      Join Date: Sep 2003       08-13-2009, 12:04 PM Reply   
I was going to hold off on posting until I at least checked to see if I am right on the location of the transducer and cleaned it up a bit.
Old     (dmontandon)      Join Date: Jul 2006       08-13-2009, 3:49 PM Reply   
You would happen to know where the transducer is located in an x2?
Old     (mesquitethrasher)      Join Date: Aug 2008       08-13-2009, 5:04 PM Reply   
My 04 X30 depth gauge reads "bad" when in very shallow water, or on the trailer at launch. It then starts working properly when in deeper water.
Old     (freerider22)      Join Date: Mar 2009       08-13-2009, 5:57 PM Reply   
Replace the triducer
Old     (bwags500)      Join Date: Aug 2008       08-13-2009, 9:16 PM Reply   
whenever i start my 06 x-1 up it says bad unless i turn the key to the right let all the gauges fill then i start it it is ok
Old     (jmanolinsky)      Join Date: Dec 2005       08-14-2009, 5:26 AM Reply   
Psyclone, could you describe this ticking? Does it click like a clock? Is it a single click when turned on? Is it constant? How loud is it? I had my nine year old son listen while I turned the key on, but he said he didn't hear anything. Oh, BTW, anyone know how to test a transducer with a multi-meter? I have a Lowrance 3000 in-dash with the puck type transducer.

Thanks,
Jman
Old     (burtonrider_77)      Join Date: Aug 2006       08-15-2009, 12:41 AM Reply   
typically "bad" means that the depth module has no power. the gauges are recognizing it because its plugged into the digital system. go in the bow on the stbd side behind the dash and look for the box with a round plug coming out of it. their should be a red and black wire. check for power...
Old     (cyclonecj)      Join Date: Jul 2001       08-15-2009, 2:40 PM Reply   
When the depth finder is powered, you should hear a very slight ticking. You can kind of feel it, like a watch. If you can't hear it, the transducer is probably bad.

On my boat,(also Lowrance for K/M gauge package, if that box isn't powered, the Depth gauge doesn't even show up in my multigauge. If the xducer is bad or not connected to the hull, I get a depth finder but "bad" readings.
Old     (dmontandon)      Join Date: Jul 2006       08-17-2009, 3:59 PM Reply   
Psyclone, are you suggesting I remove the transducer from the hull and attempt to reattach? Along with checking the power....
Old     (cyclonecj)      Join Date: Jul 2001       08-17-2009, 4:36 PM Reply   
It depends how it's bonded. On my boat, someone did it with clear silicone. It was loose when I pulled on it. If it seems securely attached to the hull, I probably wouldn't break it loose until I was sure it was bad. If it's not attached well the reading will change when you push it against the hull.

If it seems loose, pull it off and resilicone it to the hull. If everything else checks out, you can get a new puck and hook it up before you glue it down. If it's stuck to the hull at all, it will give you a reading. Test to make sure you have the ideal spot before you break out the silicone.

If your boat has a liner, there may be a depression or cutout where the puck goes so it can contact the hull directly.
Old     (talltigeguy)      Join Date: Sep 2003       08-17-2009, 5:05 PM Reply   
Mine started working over the weekend...then stopped again. FWIW.
Old     (t707w)      Join Date: Apr 2006       08-18-2009, 3:50 PM Reply   
Have the same problem with my 2006 X1
Old     (burtonrider_77)      Join Date: Aug 2006       08-20-2009, 12:25 PM Reply   
do you have power on the red wire, and good ground?