Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 09, 2003

Old     (gvanorde)      Join Date: Jun 2003       07-06-2003, 11:00 AM Reply   
Just bought a Mastercraft X Star and am getting it next weekend. I have wakeboarded one time and loved it. What kind of wakeboard should I buy? I have been told that I need at least a 143 in length.
Old     (gvanorde)      Join Date: Jun 2003       07-06-2003, 11:02 AM Reply   
My new Baby...
01 X Star
Old    lindsayl            07-06-2003, 12:20 PM Reply   
Nice boat! Try the board wizard on this site:

http://www.wakeworld.com/Wizard/Boards.asp
Old     (wake_eater)      Join Date: May 2003       07-06-2003, 5:18 PM Reply   
make sure no matter what board u buy, that u spend the extra money on good bindings. they will make it alot more comfortable & a helluva lot safer. personally, i dig hyperlite.
Old    cippy413            07-06-2003, 7:33 PM Reply   
hyperlite boards are the only way to go since 90% of all the pros ride them. but the real deal are biindingsx. if you dont have a good set your gonna be hurtin. i ride the parks and there phat. the best wy is to try em on and see for yourself.
Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       07-06-2003, 8:30 PM Reply   
yeah bro you should get a pimp hyperlite board for your phat boat, but I'd say that only 85% of all the pros ride hyperlite, but still those are the boards to have if you really want to be cool. Everyone will think your pimp if you have a parks board with parks bindings. who cares if you've only ridden once before, go big or go home.

**I noticed that this thread is lacking in some sarcasm so I had to administer the daily dose. I feel better.**

On a more serious note:

Gary, that is a awesome lookin' boat. I say more power to ya. You've found something that your passionate about and you're going full force. I love it. Lindsay had a good suggestion. There is a lot of information on this site in the board/binding guide and the wizard. Don't get me wrong, Hyperlite makes a quality product, but don't limit yourself to one brand, and don't ride 'em just cuz "90% of all the pros ride them."