Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through January 12, 2008

Old     (trentj6930)      Join Date: Oct 2007       11-01-2007, 5:00 PM Reply   
I just got a phone call from my local dealership telling me that they are going to delay ordering my boat because there is noise and vibration in some of the new LSV's at lower speeds. I have been told that they are working on the issue and should have it worked out before mine is finished.
Old     (26lacefield)      Join Date: Aug 2006       11-01-2007, 5:10 PM Reply   
that was a good call on the dealers part. most dealers would be too worried about getting the boat in and getting ur check.
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       11-01-2007, 5:13 PM Reply   
yeah or the dealer did not get the boat ordered or gave your spot to someone else....
good luck... sweet boat...
Old     (trentj6930)      Join Date: Oct 2007       11-01-2007, 5:20 PM Reply   
No I've got the order sheet and the service report talking about the vibes. Delivery will be in April and not January. Doesn't make any difference to a Canadian waiting for spring.
Old     (trentj6930)      Join Date: Oct 2007       11-02-2007, 7:25 AM Reply   
I had read in another thread quite a while ago about people experiencing noise or vibration while surfing. I am just trying to get a sense of how often this has happened in the past and should I worry about it with the new boat?
Old     (ripr)      Join Date: Mar 2002       11-02-2007, 11:54 AM Reply   
Noise or vibration coming from where?
Old     (trentj6930)      Join Date: Oct 2007       11-02-2007, 12:23 PM Reply   
From what I have been told it sounds like it is coming from the shaft or prop. Apparently only at low speeds. I guess some dealers and techs had thought it was a prop issue.
Old     (04outback)      Join Date: Jul 2007       11-04-2007, 11:38 AM Reply   
i Have an 06 lsv and have that vibration.. Been told the upgrade wakeboard prop caused it.. not sure.. Previous owner said his buddy's 07 did the same thing... Would love to find out if it was not the prop but something else..
Old     (canecorso)      Join Date: Aug 2007       11-04-2007, 1:19 PM Reply   
We test drove a brand new 07 supra 20ssv and noticed the same thing. Seems as if something is not being built correctly.
Old     (trentj6930)      Join Date: Oct 2007       11-05-2007, 8:14 AM Reply   
I will keep in touch with my local dealer and update you as soon as I hear something. Kind of nice that my local guys told me before the boat showed up. They also changed my purchase agreement to include a water test before accepting the boat.
Old     (charvey)      Join Date: Jun 2006       11-07-2007, 11:59 AM Reply   
I have an 07 lsv with around 35 hrs and have noticed a vibration/noise coming from the v-drive area. This concern was voiced to my dealer, it was supposedly checked out, and he said there was nothing wrong. I do hear the vibration at low speeds.
Old     (sanguine)      Join Date: Sep 2005       11-08-2007, 10:39 AM Reply   
I have an 06 LSV and noticed a vibration for a long time. It seemed to becoming from the v-drive area as noted by others. It took me an entire summer to figure out that it was the engine dividers being not quite snug with the attachments they have on there. I haven't worked out a solution yet, but I'm 99% sure that is where my noise is coming from.