Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 01, 2004

Old    indywakechica            07-29-2004, 10:25 AM Reply   
Getting ready to take the boat down for our week long houseboat trip to Dale Hollow!! We're taking it out this weekend to run it then clean it, change oil etc. What do you guys typically do before a big trip? Any tips on anything spare we should take? Past experiences that might help us think of anything we might miss? It would be devastating to have the boat poop out on us down there.
Old     (boatingchick)      Join Date: May 2004       07-29-2004, 10:27 AM Reply   
spare prop because you never know what is going to happen
Old    ilovetrains            07-29-2004, 10:28 AM Reply   
spare prop and roll of duct tape.
Old    leggester            07-29-2004, 10:43 AM Reply   
Spare prop, bearings, impellor, sun glasses, hat, flag, ropes - tons of ropes :-)

Bug juice ( mosquito repellant ) Calamine lotion

Medical kit.

Tool kit.

Lotion.

(Message edited by leggester on July 29, 2004)
Old     (jklein)      Join Date: May 2001       07-29-2004, 10:50 AM Reply   
Boat Bumpers. Flashlight. Flag, throw cushion, air horn, first aid kit. Impellar, tools. Spare prop if you've got it.
Old    akman            07-29-2004, 10:54 AM Reply   
Prop, bearings, impeller, lanyard cord, keys and belt for the boat, and spare key for the car......you just never know!!

If you don't have 2 batteries in the boat I would also suggest jumper cables or a jump kit for the boat.

Spare tire for tow vehicle and trailer and make sure they have the right amount of air in them.

I would check the lug nuts on your trailer to make sure you can move them, you would hate to have a flat and find out they are siezed. When you put them back on use anti-sieze or marine grease on the threads for the future.

Spare mainline, flag, handle and any other "regular" trip necessities.

Tool kit with enough tools to fix "most" problems

(Message edited by akman on July 29, 2004)
Old    swass            07-29-2004, 10:57 AM Reply   
spare drain plug
Old     (bbeach)      Join Date: Jul 2002       07-29-2004, 11:14 AM Reply   
I don't go anywhere with the boat without a spare plug... I had a BAD experience...
Old    leggester            07-29-2004, 11:22 AM Reply   
grease your bearings too. Before you leave.
Old     (wake_pop)      Join Date: Jul 2004       07-29-2004, 11:27 AM Reply   
Proper paperwork- boat and trailer registrations, and proof of insurance. Also had a bad experience away from the home lake.
Old     (mwgwin)      Join Date: Oct 2002       07-29-2004, 1:07 PM Reply   
A few strippers who like wakeboarders :-)
Old    air_bordan_            07-29-2004, 1:10 PM Reply   
Beer....and more beer
Old     (bakerds)      Join Date: Feb 2004       07-29-2004, 1:14 PM Reply   
Mask or Goggles and a sharp knife in case you wrap something around your prop/shaft. Prop puller for your spare prop.
Old     (rock_n_boardin)      Join Date: May 2003       07-29-2004, 1:36 PM Reply   
Spare prop. Zip ties, duct tape. "A few strippers who like wakeboarders" not a bad idea, you can never have enough LOL uhhhh make sure you have a lug nut wrench that will fit your trailer lug nuts. Otherwise spare tire does not help much. First aid kit.
Old     (toyotafreak)      Join Date: Sep 2003       07-29-2004, 1:58 PM Reply   
CAMERA

So you can bring some stoke back for us ;-)
Old     (pinkbike)      Join Date: Jul 2004       07-29-2004, 3:47 PM Reply   
Duct tape is always good. During out trip this year and he was filling up the gas, and when he came back no more gass cap! So he had to duct tape of the hole the rest of the week so water didnt get in
Old    wakecord            07-29-2004, 4:06 PM Reply   
Ditto on the duct tape, spare prop, first aid kit and beer. A "starter-box' is great way to be able to start multiple boats/land vehicles with battery problems.

I always carry some Marine-Tex. Great for replacing stuff that breaks/falls off, or repairing holes/gouges stripped screws, etc. on your board or boat. Some 100-400 grit sandpaper will help finishing the job.

(Message edited by wakecord on July 29, 2004)
Old     (phat_in_cincy)      Join Date: May 2003       07-29-2004, 4:29 PM Reply   
Great suggestions above, but take a spare quart of oil too.
Lug wrench = good call. After a potentially ugly incident with someone f-in with my lug nuts, I always carry a breaker bar and check lugs after leaving trailer for extended time.
Old     (joeysprague)      Join Date: Jul 2003       07-29-2004, 9:15 PM Reply   
hard liqour and lots of condoms!
Old     (macdaddy)      Join Date: May 2004       07-29-2004, 10:43 PM Reply   
I THINK I WANT TO GO HANG OUT WITH JEFF AND JOE!!!
Old     (buzz_grande)      Join Date: Mar 2004       07-30-2004, 1:40 AM Reply   
Spare ignition key!! And a floatie for all your keys. Oh yea. Bunch-O-tunes.
Old    indywakechica            07-30-2004, 6:15 AM Reply   
Check check check...wow right on...lots o suggestions! Beer check (dry counties down there so have to take tons of cases), hard liquor check, strippers wait oh no. Well wait are strippers like the thing guys say about girls and lesbians? Girls are only a few drinks away from being a lesbian? :-) Seriously thanks for all the suggestions and will take tons o pics foe sho to put up here when I get back.
Old     (boardordie)      Join Date: Oct 2003       07-30-2004, 9:48 AM Reply   
Hope,

To bad your going to Dale Hollow... I'll be on Norris Lake from Aug. 6-13. It would have been cool to see a fellow Wakeworlder. Thanks for posting this. I've been doing a week trip for 5-6 years but it's great to hear what other people think is important to bring.
Old    mastercraft_ok            07-30-2004, 10:34 AM Reply   
Always nice to have spare parts for your boards/bindings: laces, clamps, fins...
Old    indywakechica            07-30-2004, 1:05 PM Reply   
Oh right on Kevin...that is too bad. I'm sure we'll both have a good time tho.

Amen Brad! Learned the hard way last year when me and the hubby only had one setup between us and had a binding blow out :-( A day later after kneeboarding *blegh* we found some xtra smalls so I could board the rest of the week but he was out of luck. We both have our own setups and spares out the wazoo after that.