Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       12-16-2011, 9:18 AM Reply   
I just noticed the ad here a second ago. Pretty crazy looking boat. It has a huge step in the hull. they say they are a lot lighter which has it's advantages but also it's disadvantages for warkboarding and surfing. REally egy styling.

http://www.pavati.com/wakeboarding_boat/
Old     (moon)      Join Date: Oct 2008       12-16-2011, 9:26 AM Reply   
That's funny, I swear someone else posted the same ad several days ago, but it seemed to only be there for a day and then gone the next. Wasn't sure if it was deleted, or didn't get many responses and dropped down the list of threads. To say the least, it is quite interesting.
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       12-16-2011, 9:54 AM Reply   
Wow. Very cool. But, what a time to start a new boat company.

It looks like they will be at the Portland/LosAngeles boat shows to see them in person.
Attached Images

Old     (boardjnky4)      Join Date: Dec 2011       12-16-2011, 10:03 AM Reply   
Holy ****, 4k lbs of ballast. The 24 footer only weighs 3500 lbs. Those are some good numbers.
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       12-16-2011, 10:09 AM Reply   
Quote:
what a time to start a new boat company.
From the looks of their website, they aren't a new boat company. It just looks like they've recently gotten into the wake boat business. It's a very cool looking boat. Would be interesting to check out the wake.
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       12-16-2011, 10:18 AM Reply   
The boat in their add looks like it's missing a few pieces..... Like, the whole interior. Strange way to advertise.

Kind of a cool idea, but have you guys been in any aluminum boats lately? Noisy and kinda clunky. That dash looks all aluminum, too. I'm partial to a nice plush wake boat interior.
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       12-16-2011, 10:42 AM Reply   
I was wondering why the thread was deleted a few days back...... Too bad if it is just for advertising dollars, but maybe there is more to the story.
I am anxious to see this. I will be at the Portland Boat Show and will check it out before the show starts and report back. Should be the second week in January.
Old     (spencerwm)      Join Date: Feb 2009       12-16-2011, 10:47 AM Reply   
Yeah I am interested to see what the boat looks like too. Maybe we need to have a nice cold Portland demo. I have a wetsuit and a bottle of rum. They need to sponsor Reed Hanson. This boat would be a better fit for his redneck lifestyle.
Old     (bruizza)      Join Date: May 2009       12-16-2011, 11:53 AM Reply   
They have skulls on them so someone will definitely buy one.
Old     (hockeysk8er222)      Join Date: Jul 2009       12-16-2011, 12:57 PM Reply   
Anti-Radar boat?
Old     (ixfe)      Join Date: Aug 2008       12-16-2011, 2:13 PM Reply   
Can't fold the tower = deal breaker
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       12-16-2011, 3:10 PM Reply   
I like the tower shape but it would need to fold. Bolt on vs weld on is a don't care. I would prefer bolt on so it can be fixed and changed with ease.

Check out their "video chair"....
Attached Images

Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       12-16-2011, 3:16 PM Reply   
The whole transom is weird if you ask me. It would eb better and have more storage if it was more squared off and had a step down to the platform in the middle or all the way across like the newer malibu's.
Old    bigdtx            12-16-2011, 5:05 PM Reply   
I'm sure I saw this exact boat 2 or 3 or 4 years ago.

Is this the same one?
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       12-16-2011, 10:15 PM Reply   
Yeah I think this is the same boat.... been hearing rumors about it for several years.... will see what it is all about soon...
Old     (H2o_addict)      Join Date: Dec 2011       12-19-2011, 12:18 PM Reply   
Answers!

1)The tower Folds- The "weld on" refers to the fact that it isn't just bolted through fiberglass. It is actually fully welded to the hull.

2)The boat has been a 3 year project and still isn't finished completely, that's why there are no actual "complete" pictures. The boat is still getting upholstery and will be finished for the 2012 Portland Boat show. (it's debut)

3)The hull is fully welded and made from "Heavy Gauge" aluminum(it's not a tin can). All compartments have been carpeted and insulated to make sure there is no noise.
Old     (Txjole)      Join Date: Dec 2011       12-19-2011, 12:25 PM Reply   
What Gauge?
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       12-19-2011, 12:28 PM Reply   
Charles,
Will the hull make splashing noises from chop and wake like a typical aluminum hull or is there sound dampening material in there?

Do me a favor and have the cooler loaded with ice cold beer for when we come over to check it out. We should be there that Tuesday night preview night. Maybe it is Wednesday, but I think Tuesday before it starts.

Looking forward to checking it out.
Old     (loudontn)      Join Date: Feb 2005       12-19-2011, 1:14 PM Reply   
Wonder how easy this is to repair, fiberglass is cake and there are tons of people and shops that can do it.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       12-19-2011, 1:24 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by loudontn View Post
Wonder how easy this is to repair, fiberglass is cake and there are tons of people and shops that can do it.
I am not sure being that it is aluminum and I think aluminum is harder to weld but there has got to be a million times more welders out there then fiberglass repair guys.
Old     (loudontn)      Join Date: Feb 2005       12-19-2011, 1:34 PM Reply   
It says the boat is 40% lighter but their 24 foot boat weighs 3500lbs? The Malibu 247 weighs 4,000lbs.
Old     (boardjnky4)      Join Date: Dec 2011       12-19-2011, 1:35 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by polarbill View Post
I am not sure being that it is aluminum and I think aluminum is harder to weld but there has got to be a million times more welders out there then fiberglass repair guys.
If you hit something hard enough to put a hole in the boat, you've got other problems. Small dent should be able to be banged/pulled out.
Old     (moon)      Join Date: Oct 2008       12-19-2011, 1:37 PM Reply   
Dang, just found out I can't make it to the portland boat show. Really wanted to see this boat in person. Diggs, hopfully you can gets some pics when you report back to us.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       12-19-2011, 2:24 PM Reply   
Aluminum boats are way easier and way cheaper to repair than is fiberglass. My buddy has an aluminum bass boat and anytime he has a problem he just runs it down to the Airport Welding and has it repaired for $150 or less.
Old     (H2o_addict)      Join Date: Dec 2011       12-19-2011, 2:55 PM Reply   
More Answers!

1)What gauge? .250 Marine Grade Aluminum (5086) Bottom, .125 5052 on the sides. Much thicker than a "standard" aluminum bass fishing boat.

2)Is it hard to fix holes/repair the aluminum? You will not put a hole in the boat- If you did it would have to be in a car accident on the way to the boat ramp- lol. Aluminum is very easily repaired if that did happen though...

3)Is it noisy on the water? After the first lake "noise test" there were a couple spots that were issues. If there was a long enough span without a stiffener you could make it "oil can" which is where the noise came in. A few stiffeners later, insulation in the right spots, and marine carpet throughout made all the difference. Noise is NOT an issue.

4)Diggs- What kind of beer are we drinking?
Old     (CobraRob)      Join Date: Aug 2010       12-19-2011, 4:39 PM Reply   
I will absolutely be at the Portland show too so I will take a look and pictures as well.
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       12-19-2011, 4:40 PM Reply   
Busch Light is always a crowd favorite, but I drink anything! Will stop by and say hello and check out the boat.
Old     (duffymahoney)      Join Date: Sep 2008       12-19-2011, 4:45 PM Reply   
Sick! And congrats, I have been dreaming of an aluminum wakeboat for years.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       12-19-2011, 5:40 PM Reply   
Quote:
Busch Light is always a crowd favorite
Don't put me in that crowd
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       12-19-2011, 5:51 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by hatepain View Post
Don't put me in that crowd
You must prefer the Busch heavy then....
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       12-19-2011, 6:34 PM Reply   
Nu Bu.......... Gold tops ay.... You coming down for the boat show? Don't you have some customers to visit or something?
Old     (ilikebeaverandboats)      Join Date: Jul 2007       12-19-2011, 7:35 PM Reply   
I think they need a better marketing campaign. I see little advantage over a fiberglass hull. It looks sweet, but I see it ending up being more trouble than its worth.
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       12-19-2011, 8:44 PM Reply   
Tyler you know it, wouldn't miss it. You gonna be rolling deep with that posse again? Busch Light guy all the way, cheers drink to that.
Old     (jeff359)      Join Date: Jun 2005       12-20-2011, 7:14 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler97217 View Post
Busch Light is always a crowd favorite, but I drink anything! Will stop by and say hello and check out the boat.

You have someone else buying beer, and you request Busch Light? I stopped drinking that stuff when I got a job.
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       12-20-2011, 7:28 AM Reply   
When I got a job I just bought more of it....

ha ha.... I hope to be classy some day, but for now......
Attached Images

Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       12-20-2011, 7:55 AM Reply   
Video chair? Are they saying you can sit back there and video while the boat is under way? I dont think that position is legal in California . As far as I know there has to be some sort of rail and or boat surrounding the passenger as the boat is under way for it to be a legal sitting position.

The first impression I have is "that's cool" but my next thought is Why? What are the Advantages of a lighter aluminum boat. Gas mileage , quicker on plane times. Ect. But I do not see any numbers to support the claims. IE a test like you took a fully loaded X star and and timed how long it takes it to get on plane. Then do the same test with this boat. Out fit both boats with a gallons per hr gauge to show what kind of gas both boats are using and show the potential savings .

My guess is the saving in gas are not going to support the extra cost in construction. My guess is this boat is not going to be any cheaper than a xstar .

IMO the advantage of this boat is its unique. It's more of a one off. Built for the person that wants Somthing not everyone has. I saw the same type of unique theme in that all wood Stancraft (all wood wake setter)

The craftminship in this boat unreal. to make those shapes out of thick aluminum is not easy and a dying craft. My hat's off to you
Old     (jeff_mn)      Join Date: Jul 2009       12-20-2011, 10:27 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by grant_west View Post
Video chair? Are they saying you can sit back there and video while the boat is under way? I dont think that position is legal in California . As far as I know there has to be some sort of rail and or boat surrounding the passenger as the boat is under way for it to be a legal sitting position.

The first impression I have is "that's cool" but my next thought is Why? What are the Advantages of a lighter aluminum boat. Gas mileage , quicker on plane times. Ect. But I do not see any numbers to support the claims. IE a test like you took a fully loaded X star and and timed how long it takes it to get on plane. Then do the same test with this boat. Out fit both boats with a gallons per hr gauge to show what kind of gas both boats are using and show the potential savings .

My guess is the saving in gas are not going to support the extra cost in construction. My guess is this boat is not going to be any cheaper than a xstar .

IMO the advantage of this boat is its unique. It's more of a one off. Built for the person that wants Somthing not everyone has. I saw the same type of unique theme in that all wood Stancraft (all wood wake setter)

The craftminship in this boat unreal. to make those shapes out of thick aluminum is not easy and a dying craft. My hat's off to you
lol..

The marketed it EXACTLY the way that you said to.. They make no claims about it being anything "better" but market it as being a one off..
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       12-20-2011, 10:44 AM Reply   
Quote:
Out fit both boats with a gallons per hr gauge
Now there's an idea for a boat company or aftermarket company! I'd love to have something that accurately measures how much gas I'm using with different props, weight configurations, etc. Somebody do this. Sorry to get off track!
Old     (alindquist)      Join Date: Mar 2004       12-20-2011, 11:40 AM Reply   
GPH gauges have been around for a long time... My buddies with fishing boats have them, makes it pretty easy to figure out what everybody owes at the end of a trip. Not sure why they don't put them on wakeboard boats since everyone is so concerned with how much gas they burn... Yamaha, Mercury, Volvo, and Mercuiser all have them...
Old     (ottog1979)      Join Date: Apr 2007       12-20-2011, 12:02 PM Reply   
The most accurate who-owes-what gauge: Bring the boat to the lake full. Fill up again on the way home. Divide this bill by the number of buddies plus you.
For GPH guage: Note hours at last fill up. Note hours at fill up on the way home. Divide gallons by hours.

I have an easy Excel spreadsheet if anyone wants.
Old     (norcalrider)      Join Date: Jun 2002       12-20-2011, 12:30 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by alindquist View Post
Not sure why they don't put them on wakeboard boats since everyone is so concerned with how much gas they burn... Yamaha, Mercury, Volvo, and Mercuiser all have them...
I posted about a simple consumption guage (just measures the fuel that has been pumped into the engine) a few weeks ago. All the responses were about combined consumption/GPH guages which are ~$300 for the cheap one. I was hoping to avoid the cost of the multiguage. Guessing the wakeboat companies don't want to spend the $300-700 for another guage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottog1979 View Post
The most accurate who-owes-what gauge: Bring the boat to the lake full. Fill up again on the way home. Divide this bill by the number of buddies plus you.
For GPH guage: Note hours at last fill up. Note hours at fill up on the way home. Divide gallons by hours.

I have an easy Excel spreadsheet if anyone wants.
That only gives you an average. I think Dave was suggesting a more "on the fly approach." Also it allows you to figure out your most efficient cruising RPM.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       12-20-2011, 1:19 PM Reply   
Quote:
Busch Light guy all the way, cheers drink to that.
Shoulda told me, I could have saved some money when I bough thtat Modelo for you
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       12-20-2011, 1:20 PM Reply   
^^^ Exactly. I know how to calculate how much gas I used for a day on the water. However, realtime calculations would be great if there is a way to measure exactly how much fuel is being fed into the engine. I know that anything based on the amount of fuel that is estimated to be in the tank wouldn't work very well because of the inaccuracy of boat fuel gauges. Does anyone know of an aftermarket gauge like this?
Old     (norcalrider)      Join Date: Jun 2002       12-20-2011, 1:35 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakeworld View Post
^^^ Exactly. I know how to calculate how much gas I used for a day on the water. However, realtime calculations would be great if there is a way to measure exactly how much fuel is being fed into the engine. I know that anything based on the amount of fuel that is estimated to be in the tank wouldn't work very well because of the inaccuracy of boat fuel gauges. Does anyone know of an aftermarket gauge like this?
http://www.floscan.com/html/blue/index.php
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       12-21-2011, 8:59 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by hatepain View Post
Shoulda told me, I could have saved some money when I bough thtat Modelo for you
Hey guy I'm good with Modelo, I don't discriminate.
Old     (fman)      Join Date: Nov 2008       12-21-2011, 9:16 AM Reply   
Just curious, how hot does aluminum get in direct sunlight on a 100+ degree day? Would it be screaming hot to the touch? more so than fiberglass/gelcoat?
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       12-21-2011, 10:14 AM Reply   
I would think it would depend on the color. I don't think Aluminum gets hot or conducts heat. The color it was painted would however. Could be wrong, but pretty sure.
Think about your aluminum tower. I have never felt one that was hot to the touch.
Old     (tn_rider)      Join Date: Dec 2009       12-21-2011, 10:25 AM Reply   
Mark my words this thing could be SCOLDING HOTi own 2 aluminum boats and the floor gets so hot in summer it will burn your feet.
Old     (H2o_addict)      Join Date: Dec 2011       12-21-2011, 11:28 AM Reply   
Aluminum actually dissipates heat really well. That's one of the reasons they make great radiators. I have left beer cans out in triple digit heat and never had one burn my hand... has anyone ever picked up a busch light that was left in the sun? It's just warm and flat.

Anyhow, If the boat has full carpet kit and interior like a standard wake boat then you won't get much contact with the surface at all. Color will have more to do with it than anything, glass or aluminum.
Old     (tn_rider)      Join Date: Dec 2009       12-21-2011, 11:32 AM Reply   
What about resting your arm on the top deck? Nice and tender spot for a 3rd degree burn :P
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       12-21-2011, 12:01 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by tn_rider View Post
What about resting your arm on the top deck? Nice and tender spot for a 3rd degree burn :P
Who says it isnt' going to be painted?

Would aluminum that is painted black be any hotter then gelcoat that is black? What about white paint vs white gel?
Old     (tn_rider)      Join Date: Dec 2009       12-21-2011, 3:28 PM Reply   
Isnt metal a good conductor for heat? Aluminum being one of the best? I may be wrong but I know I've personally felt the floor of aluminum boats that were painted hunter green and they were HOT.
Old     (tn_rider)      Join Date: Dec 2009       12-21-2011, 3:32 PM Reply   
But hey it may have it's upsides to being hot. Noting like being able to crack an egg and fry it on the side of your boat after a morning set!
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       12-21-2011, 5:11 PM Reply   
chase... you answered your own question.... It was painted dark green. Of course it was hot. My tower is never hot. I grab aluminum foil with food out of the oven with my bare hands. It is not hot. If it is painted a dark color it will be hot. If not, it will not be hot.
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       01-10-2012, 9:44 AM Reply   
I am gonna see this bad boy tonight. Anyone have any specific questions I should ask or a pic of anything?
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       01-10-2012, 10:42 AM Reply   
Wake please
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       01-10-2012, 10:45 AM Reply   
Might be tough since it will be at the boat show, but maybe they have a big pool in there!!!!
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       01-10-2012, 11:17 AM Reply   
Hahaha oh you should've specified! In that case just ask them about ballast/weight distribution/ wake shape
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       01-10-2012, 11:45 AM Reply   
I am curious about the cost.
Old     (CobraRob)      Join Date: Aug 2010       01-10-2012, 5:14 PM Reply   
As much as I wanted to go tomorrow I don't think I can get out of work till late.. Looks like I might have to go with the crowds on saturday
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       01-11-2012, 8:08 AM Reply   
Made it last night and saw some cool stuff. I did not take many pics, but here are a few pics of the Pavati from my phone. Really cool to see something totally different and one off. This market is not gonna be easy to penetrate, but I wish them luck. They definitely spent some serious time making this boat. This is the first boat and hopefully we will see some more in the future. Hopefully we can lure them up to Portland this summer to actually see it on the water with all the other boats. It is an eye catcher. You could tell their drift boats were definitely a step above the other brands out there, but I have to admit I know nothing about drift boats.
Price tag they are trying to hit is $100K, but he said he can build them to get closer to the $60-$70K. Not sure what all would be eliminated.....
Lots of room in the engine compartment and that back seat lifts straight up for easy access. You can access from both sides. Not sure the back seat is legal to sit in while driving, but sure looked comfy for when you are just tied up hanging out.
Sorry I did not take more pics. I am not much of a picture guy.
Here are some pics....... And yes he had a Busch Light waiting!!!
Attached Images

Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       01-11-2012, 8:30 AM Reply   
Pretty impressive but the price tag wow......
Old     (ScottR)      Join Date: Aug 2011       01-11-2012, 8:48 AM Reply   
That carpet looks horrible!
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       01-11-2012, 8:51 AM Reply   
Probably just the picture. It was actually a nice thick high grade carpet that was snap out. Similar to MB and MC carpet. The front did have Skulls in it (not my style) and the main body of carpet actually said PAVATI in the carpet and looked good. Since it is one off it sounds like you can do it however you would want.
Old     (ScottR)      Join Date: Aug 2011       01-11-2012, 8:56 AM Reply   
ahhhh just looked really scrapped up....piece by piece it looks like.
Old     (corerider)      Join Date: May 2008       01-11-2012, 9:31 AM Reply   
As far as styling goes, the dash just looks like an afterthought to me. The gauges are cheap looking, layout isn't great (switches put where ever there was room), and not user-friendly. The boat looks great until I see the dash. I'm not too sure about those steps on the transome either... It may just be the pics, but they don't look deep enough to be a good step to me. I can definately appreciate the fab skills it took to manufacture though. Lots of man hours went into welding and grinding alone! I wish them luck though!

Last edited by corerider; 01-11-2012 at 9:33 AM.
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       01-11-2012, 9:38 AM Reply   
Looks badass to me(except for the skulls!).

I don't think you would want to sit on the transom with the motor running.
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       01-11-2012, 10:25 AM Reply   
yeah, those steps seem kind of useless... should have cut them out a little deeper and put in some cup holders
Old     (loudontn)      Join Date: Feb 2005       01-11-2012, 10:39 AM Reply   
I dig the pics Diggs. I kind of agree with Jason, it all looks very well put together until you see the dash. Think the dash looks like several people with different ideas worked together and they couldn't come to a mutual decision so each of them put their ideas on the dash.

The back seat looks really comfortable, dig the cup holders too!
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       01-11-2012, 11:52 AM Reply   
Whats the big hole next to the exhaust? Just noticed it had underwater LEDs. Nice touch.
Old     (Dmaxed)      Join Date: Sep 2011       01-11-2012, 11:58 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by psudy View Post
Whats the big hole next to the exhaust? Just noticed it had underwater LEDs. Nice touch.
Could be the ballast system
Old     (srock)      Join Date: Mar 2002       01-11-2012, 12:22 PM Reply   
I would have built a crossover v-hull instead of a large pickle as the first boat. If its light and you can add a bunch of ballast is should excel as a multi-sport. ..something no one else has perfected. Dump the funky transom and add storage. I wish them luck.
Old     (kybool)      Join Date: Aug 2004       01-11-2012, 12:33 PM Reply   
I like it, finally something truly innovative in the Wakeboat space. I would imagine, since they are made to order, you could tell them to do whatever you want with the transom and the dash. And yes, mine would also be scull-less.
Old     (boardjnky4)      Join Date: Dec 2011       01-11-2012, 12:46 PM Reply   
Very good start for a concept. At $100k, it's going to be tough to convince anyone to buy it, though.
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       01-11-2012, 1:31 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmaxed View Post
Could be the ballast system
If thats true, it should fill realllllly fast with both of those.
Old     (mastercraf)      Join Date: Jul 2009       01-11-2012, 2:00 PM Reply   
If you look on the website some of the problems that have been brought up seem to be relieved. It says it's customizable all the way down to gauges and paint. The dash doesn't have to be skulls, and like it says I think they leave the gauge layout open ended to the customer. Seems like an awesome concept, but at the same time seems pricey. Also I just noticed that they have different models listed, so they may be looking at different length and size models.

That being said the chair is a cool concept, but maybe should just be a customizable option. And the back is really bulky past the engine cover. It woud be difficult coming in and out of the boat IMO, even with the steps. But I digress....the boat looks cool and I would like to see some wake pictures!
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       01-11-2012, 2:01 PM Reply   
It has the pure vert ballast system in it.
Old     (jeff_mn)      Join Date: Jul 2009       01-11-2012, 2:27 PM Reply   
Why would people nit pick the stupid stuff? The skulls? The gauges? This boat is a whole new concept for wakeboarding. Sure, there are some "personal" choices in this boat. Who cares. Natiques have stupid graphics and stuff on the floors of some of their boats,etc. That's all changeable.

I don't care for the look of the steps - but that doesnt take away from how cool this is. VERY strong (this is thick stuff) aluminum makes this a GREAT option for guys say in... NorCal where debris is an issue.. If you could figure out some sort of a prop guard - you could boat in some different conditions. The boat itself should be lighter than a fiberglass boat - allowing for lighter tow rigs and increased fuel economy when unloaded. The Pure Very system is awesome.

LOL @ anyone talking about $100k being an "issue". Nearly every boat on the market aside from a half dozen is MSRP'd at 100k and up. Who knows what the Pavati will actually sell for - but a Natique 230, X Star, MC X30, the big Wakesetter, etc ALL msrp over $100k.

I think we should support these guys and thinking outside of the box and bringing TRUE innovation to the market. Everyone is pissed about the new ugly towers and the screen dash set ups and when someone shows up with something TRULY innovative - you guys are talking about the design cut into the carpet and the painting on the dash..

Congratulate, dont hate.
Old     (mastercraf)      Join Date: Jul 2009       01-11-2012, 2:34 PM Reply   
The cutout to the right of the steering wheel is tight...put your iphone or ipod in it and keeps it relatively dry
Old     (slax303)      Join Date: Oct 2005 Location: Portland to Boston       01-12-2012, 10:02 AM Reply   
Looks awesome. The only thing that I would really change is the transom. Not a huge fan of the set up back there. The seat is a nice idea, but its not practical. The rounded back seems a bit akward if you're getting into the boat from the back, regardless of the small cutouts. I would rather it be a little more square back there and have a little more storage room. Other than that, the small issues that people are bringing up (graphics, dash, etc..) are true, but easily changed. If I were in the market for a new boat right now, I would at least take it out and test it on the water. I like the idea of aluminum over fiberglass. Price tag does seems a bit ridiculous when youre just breaking into the industry though. Its going to be tough for a company that is new to this area of the industry, to market a completely different kind of boat at such a premium price. Most people won't look twice, and would just go drop that same amount of money on a proven name like MC or Malibu.

I'm headed to the show tomorrow.. Excited to see it in person