Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through April 04, 2003

Old     (wakeeater)      Join Date: May 2002       03-11-2003, 4:46 PM Reply   
im a 14 yearold that is pretty good with tools a nd makingthings and wondering what would be the best materials to make speaker enclosures out of
Old     (noneya)      Join Date: Apr 2002       03-12-2003, 6:30 AM Reply   
http://www.wakeboarder.com/display.phtml?id=260
Old    chris_hargis            03-12-2003, 8:08 AM Reply   
If you are using 6.5 inch speakers, then you can use 6 " PVC pipe and the coupling and end cap to make the tube.
Old    matt5046            03-12-2003, 10:41 AM Reply   
Where do you run the wires?
Old    chris_hargis            03-12-2003, 12:40 PM Reply   
If I had a pole, I would just run the wires up the side and wire tie them to the pole. ISnce I have a roll cage on my boat, I will drill holes and run them inside the cage then exit by the speakers.
Old     (ssg)      Join Date: Jun 2001       03-12-2003, 2:48 PM Reply   
charley,

Here are some pics of how I did mine. Hopefully this says it all, but if you need some specifics email me.

pic
pic
pic

Like Chris said, I used a 6" PVC end cap, but I made a wooden insert and attached it to the PVC with screws. I then had something to screw the actual speakers on too. The wires go straight down the pole and then out a different hole near the bottom of the pole. After the wires came out of the pole at the bottom, I added a simple cannon plug (radio shack) so that I could remove the pole whenever I wanted. I found all of the hardware and grommets and stuff at a local home improvement store.
Old     (wakeeater)      Join Date: May 2002       03-12-2003, 5:29 PM Reply   
thanks i doubt my dad will let me drill into my pole but i would like to see how you made those. i have four speakers so i was planing on making t hem out of wood covered in resin.
Old    matt5046            03-13-2003, 1:40 PM Reply   
Thanks for all the pics. How did you run the wires on the floor? Also, how do they sound?

Thanks,

Matt
Old     (wakeeater)      Join Date: May 2002       03-14-2003, 10:15 PM Reply   
any other ideas
Old     (wakeeater)      Join Date: May 2002       03-17-2003, 2:51 PM Reply   
putting it at the top
Old     (bob)      Join Date: Feb 2001       03-17-2003, 4:49 PM Reply   
you can just use 6" pvc, u-bolts to clamp to the pylon, plexiglass for the end cap, and make sure you have speakers that will take some power or you might as well just use the boat speakers since you wont be hearing them while boarding, i would say a ratings of bare minimum of 75 watts rms each and driving them with 75-100 watts rms each. Remember youll want them to be around 10" or so long to have the proper volume of air in the tube.
Old     (wakeeater)      Join Date: May 2002       03-17-2003, 5:39 PM Reply   
this is how i want to build them
Old     (ssg)      Join Date: Jun 2001       03-18-2003, 10:49 AM Reply   
Matt,

If your question was directed to me...After the wires come out at the bottom, I just ran them over to the side compartment and then to the sterio. I have a large hole in the bottom of my rear seat, so it was no big deal. Oh, you know what, this pic might explain it...I installed my pole a bit differently than others have. As far as how it sounds. It sounds great! Unfortunately, I cannot hear it while I'm boarding though.

pic