Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (jealous_soul)      Join Date: Sep 2007       12-31-2013, 8:30 AM Reply   
I'm moving to SF this week and was wondering if there are other parks besides wake island in the area. I had heard some rumors but haven't been able to find anything. Any info would be appreciated!
Old     (ryanw209)      Join Date: Jan 2010       12-31-2013, 9:56 AM Reply   
Velocity is supposedly opening in 2014. It's located in woodland which is right by Wake Island. That's the only other park I know of in NorCal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old     (Cabledog)      Join Date: Dec 2013       12-31-2013, 1:49 PM Reply   
Drove by VIP on my way back to Seattle from Sac over Christmas. From I-5 it looked like the rigging and cables were up and some big decorative palm trees. There were some cranes and other construction equipment on site so they are coming along.
Old     (steezyshots)      Join Date: Feb 2008       01-02-2014, 9:55 AM Reply   
Woodland Park will be open this summer and from what I have heard it will put Wake Island to shame
Old     (poon)      Join Date: Dec 2001       01-03-2014, 12:32 AM Reply   
We need a wave pool at one of these parks ; ) that would be a game changer. Hmmmm...
Old     (1frontwedgie)      Join Date: Jan 2014       01-10-2014, 3:20 AM Reply   
i heard fresno is getting full size cable? when will Pala open? Stoked to have velocity opening! wake island is dope
Old     (Medium)      Join Date: Aug 2011       02-05-2014, 2:08 PM Reply   
Anyone know what the deal is with the ski lake and 2 tower setup right off the side of highway 70, just north of highway 99?

I drove by and they had a kicker ramp and a rail setup for the 2 tower.

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=highw...40.61,,0,-0.45
Old     (scuba_steve)      Join Date: Oct 2013       02-05-2014, 2:33 PM Reply   
Jason, that is The Watersports Farm.

http://www.thewatersportsfarm.com/

"The West Coasts newest premier watersports destination is now open. Featuring ideal growing conditions, “The Farm” is a private facility where you can have fun cultivating skills in a wide variety of watersports. Employing professional wakeboard and waterski instructors, “The Farm,” is the perfect place to enhance your talents or sprout some new ones.

The Farm is located at Deep Water Lake just 25 minutes from Roseville, Sacramento, Yuba City, and Lincoln. “It’s a gosh darn anomaly, it’s 25 minutes from everywhere!” Unique compared to other private lakes, Deep Water is 14’ deep allowing boat wakes to blossom to their full potential. This also eliminates the potential for planting yourself in the terra firma at the bottom of the lake."