Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 20, 2007

Old     (ldr)      Join Date: Nov 2002       06-09-2007, 12:43 PM Reply   
my wife's family bought me a double up Delta 140 a for my birthday a while back and while trying to take off the bindings one of the inserts stripped out. meaning the screw is still tight inside the insert but the entire insert is spinning. Does anyone have contact info for double up or their parent company since i know double up is no longer operating in the states.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       06-09-2007, 12:46 PM Reply   
I think you might be SOL. Were they part of Kent Sports with Blindside? Good luck.
Old     (bsb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       06-09-2007, 2:50 PM Reply   
ya... no warranty anywhere... I've got a 138 doubleup pure ride ridden once. If your interested, I'm wanting to sell it for $110.00 shipping $15. Let me know
Old     (ldr)      Join Date: Nov 2002       06-09-2007, 9:10 PM Reply   
Thanks for the help i think I may use it and one of my older boards as donors for a wakeboard bench. It just makes me mad because other than the insert the board is in perfect shape and i really liked the way it rode.
Old     (crack)      Join Date: Sep 2006       06-10-2007, 2:56 PM Reply   
You probably already have, but look at doubleup.com or try calling EvoGear. That's where I bought mine so they must have a way of getting to them. I think you're screwed either way though cuz I think they're in Australia, so if you do find them you'll have to blow a mint on the shipping.
Old     (erik_c)      Join Date: Jan 2005       06-10-2007, 4:13 PM Reply   
You could cut it off with a dremmel and just not use that insert.
Old     (crack)      Join Date: Sep 2006       06-13-2007, 10:39 PM Reply   
Hey B...Once ridden DoubleUp? Was it that bad? I've got a DU Jeff McKee and love it.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       06-13-2007, 10:42 PM Reply   
bird, i think i have a 2003 delta 141 that i may be able to part with. if you want it, it's yours. let me know.
Old     (norcalrider39)      Join Date: May 2007       06-13-2007, 10:52 PM Reply   
Hijack. Anyone have any extra D'up fins??
Old     (norcal_wakejunky)      Join Date: Oct 2006       06-14-2007, 9:23 AM Reply   
norcalrider39, I may have a set of 1 in fins. I had an 03 Nelson with the four fin setup and Double Up sent me extra fins. I gave 2 to a buddy with an old pure ride. I will look for the other two and if I find them I can just send them to you.

http://www.wakeworld.com/boardguide/getboard4.asp?ProductID=1821
Old     (ldr)      Join Date: Nov 2002       06-14-2007, 10:51 AM Reply   
Thanks for the offer Joe, but I think it's about time i get on board with the rest of the family and get some CWB gear. It's funny because there are always a ton of my brothers boards around the house and i'm on ebay searching for good deals on equipment that's a couple years old.

I think between Kevin, my wife, my parents and Tom Conway. I should have something pretty good to ride for the rest of the summer.

(Message edited by ldr on June 14, 2007)
Old     (norcalrider39)      Join Date: May 2007       06-14-2007, 10:54 AM Reply   
Right on Steve. Two of them would be a move in the right direction. That would only leave two more.
Old     (afrodeziak)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-16-2007, 2:16 PM Reply   
Does the insert come out at all ? Drop epoxy into the hole and screw the insert back in, I did this with an old wake tech board
Old     (anodyne)      Join Date: Feb 2006       06-16-2007, 4:19 PM Reply   
^^^What Brennan said... it works like a charm, and you'll be back on the water in no time (with a stronger insert than before!)

DoubleUp was dissolved a few years back, so there's no one to contact. I believe O'Brien tried to revive them, but didn't have any success...