Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through April 04, 2003

Old     (eljefepequeno)      Join Date: Dec 2002       03-10-2003, 8:12 AM Reply   
For those that like to look at new boats, here is my P&J.
After exhaustively searching for some colors on CC's website, this is what I came up with.

I went with the Limited as I wanted to add a Boss Belmont Tower instead of the FCT. Here is the Tower in my Basement. The tower is still wrapped up as I didn't want any scratches on it, just shows you a profile of what it will look like

I will upload pictures when I get the tower installed on the boat, but I think it is going to look sweet.

Here are some pictures of when I was installing the sub and amps to the boat. NOTE: For those installing amps on Limited's, you need to install a amp board and have it either fiberglassed to the inside hull or use the interior wall screws to attach it. DO NOT try to attach it directly to the Fiberglass. Luckily, I looked and asked before I screwed it on.
More to come...

(Message edited by eljefepequeno on March 10, 2003)

Old     (eljefepequeno)      Join Date: Dec 2002       03-10-2003, 8:17 AM Reply   

Boatmate 210 trailer for the Nautique. I get just as many compliments on the trailer as I do on the boat. Notice the "Super" on the back of the boat above the Air. SAN is back!!!

I have the white Fiberglass platform, which isn't shown on this picture.

Interior shot. Shows you the color combo on the inside.

Old     (gobig)      Join Date: May 2002       03-10-2003, 8:19 AM Reply   
that is a sharp looking boat, congrats to your purchase ! i ended up with a 210 team .. i am picking it up this or next week .. nautique4life =)

(Message edited by gobig on March 10, 2003)
Old    danp            03-10-2003, 8:27 AM Reply   
oh man that is nice
white interior=looks awsome-bitch to maintain
Old     (eljefepequeno)      Join Date: Dec 2002       03-10-2003, 8:37 AM Reply   
Thanks Daniel, I guess I am a Nautique Snob now!
Here are a few more Boss pictures.
Front of the Tower, shows the 5 light bar a little. Sorry for the poor lighting, I am not much of a Photographer yet.

Another picture of the side. Also shows the Bimini top. Boss was really cool and pre-wired and installed the Bimini, Lights, and Speakers for free. I took the B530's off because the tower is really top-heavy with them on.

Can't wait for the summer time. For all who are in the Midwest look for me at the area festivals and tournaments. This is a Promo boat for Boss and CC in MO, so, if your ever at the INT, ask to ride behind the Nautique! (Poor Tony won't have anything to do at the INT now! Don't worry Tony, look on the bright side, just think of all the gas you will save)

Old     (bruce)      Join Date: Feb 2002       03-10-2003, 8:57 AM Reply   
Nice color combo. What made you choose the boss over the FCT? I'm guessing it has something to do with promoting it...

How much was the cost difference?

Did you consider the Signature series? What made you go with the Limited over the Limited?
Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       03-10-2003, 9:05 AM Reply   
that is a sweet lookin' boat. Thane like.
Old    mikep            03-10-2003, 9:14 AM Reply   
Great looking boat!
Old     (aoblak)      Join Date: Jan 2002       03-10-2003, 9:16 AM Reply   
Great looking boat, what was the price for all the boss stuff? I really like the tower but am trying to decide if I like the boss or the FCT.
Old     (eljefepequeno)      Join Date: Dec 2002       03-10-2003, 9:42 AM Reply   
Sorry, Bruce, I am not following you.... Limited over the Limited?
I decided on the Boss stuff because I personally, really like the look of the Tower. I was able to drive and ride on Murray's setup and fell in love with it then. It was also something different than the other Nautiques as well. The main decision factor was the fact that you can get a customized Belmont that folds to about 3 to 4 inches above the windshield. The FCT is about 6-9 inches above the windshield and that would be a really tight fit in my garage. FCT's work in 7' Garage Doors, but mine is a little less like 6'10". Didn't want to chance it.
Because I didn't go with the Team, I didn't get the Upgraded Kicker or the Tower and Flip clips. That saved me quite a bit of money, which I used to purchase the Belmont, 530's, Bimini, 5-light bar, and warp clips. Going with Boss wasn't cheaper, mind you, just not as much as you would think. Just take some local prices of what Boss stuff you want and the difference of price between the Team and Limited (might want to add some other options to the limited like the Helm controls, jump seat, fiberglass platform, rear and Center Ballast, and PP.)

Signature series, yeah I was definitely eyeing that. My thoughts on it were since I am selling this boat in a year, I need to make it as sellable as possible so I went with the Limited. I really like the Gauge cluster the Limited and the Team comes with.
Thane & Porter- Thanks!!
Allen- I will post pics of the Belmont on the boat probably in a few days. Check it out and see what you like better. I think the FCT's look great, it just worked better for me with the Belmont.

Old     (greatdane)      Join Date: Feb 2001       03-10-2003, 9:49 AM Reply   
Nice choice on the Boss tower. IMO, it is much better looking than the FCT. And, the racks are much better than the CC clips.
Old     (aneal000)      Join Date: Feb 2002       03-10-2003, 11:35 AM Reply   
I knew this was comming! mumble mumble ...yeah you got yourself a good looking boat! Can't wait to get behind it, you already owe me one!

And just to set the record straight, I will also be at the Missouri events with a real promo boat: A Malibu Wakesetter! Hit me up for rides when Jefe's is..., well whenever you want a nice wake to ride on!
Old     (eljefepequeno)      Join Date: Dec 2002       03-10-2003, 11:42 AM Reply   
Yeah, Ha Ha
It's going to be a fun year, Tony. BTW, how was boarding last weekend. Sorry I didn't call, I took the boat out by Extreme's lake to do a little test-drive and didn't get home until it dropped like 40 degrees here. Augghh, this weather is killing me. Should be nice this weekend though... hint, hint!
Old     (bigjackamo)      Join Date: Aug 2002       03-10-2003, 3:22 PM Reply   
Jefe, I assume you got hooked up on your promo deal. That's cool. I spoke with you last fall and we emailed about it then. Nice looking boat.
Old     (wake_fun)      Join Date: Apr 2002       03-11-2003, 9:11 AM Reply   
Is the main stripe midnight blue?
Boat looks good!
Can't wait to see it with the tower.
Old     (eljefepequeno)      Join Date: Dec 2002       03-11-2003, 9:17 AM Reply   
Phil- Yeah, I am pretty stoked, Thanks for the help. Let me know if your ever in the STL area, and we will go out for a set.

Todd- The main stripe is Steel Blue. Yeah, your not the only one who can't wait to see the tower on it.
Old     (bbeach)      Join Date: Jul 2002       03-11-2003, 9:20 AM Reply   
Tony and Jefe:

What Missouri events are you guys going to be at? I'll definately be at the Table Rock Tournament! We should hook up, I'll be down there a lot this summer (probably 2 weekends a month)
Old     (eljefepequeno)      Join Date: Dec 2002       03-11-2003, 9:50 AM Reply   
I will definitely be at Table Rock, and probably all the others. Haven't done the schedule yet.
Yeah, we should hook up. We'll keep in touch.
Old     (bigjackamo)      Join Date: Aug 2002       03-11-2003, 11:31 AM Reply   
Jefe,
Our regional INT coordinator is "dragging" me and a few others, down to the table rock stop, so I guess I will get to ride behind your boat then. Hopefully I will get to meet up with you sooner, if not, then I will see you in August.

Good luck getting the tower mounted.
Old     (bbeach)      Join Date: Jul 2002       03-11-2003, 11:38 AM Reply   
Were you guys at the Table Rock stop last year? I was there and I had a blast chillin in my own boat all day! Good times! You can usually find me in little cow cove, in a grey MC 1990 with a black stripe (see profile)... Look me up on the weekends there.
Hey Phillie I live in Olathe! Ah a fellow JC'er!
Old     (wake_fun)      Join Date: Apr 2002       03-11-2003, 12:03 PM Reply   
Jefe,
This is the first boat I've seen pictures of that has a steel blue stripe. I've been looking and searching for about 6 months now! I wanted steel blue primary with midnight blue secondary, hull and deck silver cloud.
Post more pics with the tower.......different angles
Old     (eljefepequeno)      Join Date: Dec 2002       03-11-2003, 2:06 PM Reply   
Todd- Check you email for pictures of another boat with Steel Blue. Thanks

Phil- Wow, Table Rock is going to be rocking this year, sounds like its going to be a MO wakefest!! That would be cool. Anyway, I hear there might be a CC get-together at the Ozarks early this summer.(Sorry, Tony, maybe next year, eh?) jk. Don't really know specifics though.

Bradley- Nope, I wasn't able to make it last year. Definitely this year though. BTW, let me know how the Cable park is, I would like to spend a day or two there if possible.
Old    mike_riffle            03-11-2003, 8:46 PM Reply   
Jefe,
Congradulations on the new boat. Rhoda and Joe are great people representing INT and it should prove to be a great season for you and them. Dont let Phil kid you though he is the best wakeboard judge in the midwest and takes alot of pride in it. He is going to kill me for putting him on the spot. Brad is also a great person to be around. It should prove to be a great time this summer. Well anyway congradulations and we will see you at Table Rock in August.

Mike Riffle
Kansas INT
Midwest District Coordinator
Old     (solo)      Join Date: Oct 2001       03-11-2003, 8:59 PM Reply   
Come on David and Melisa show us your new toy! I know you just picked it up and you have pic's! Come on now...
Old    steveaz            03-11-2003, 9:26 PM Reply   
I really like the color combo. Can't wait to see it with the tower.

Congrats,
Steve
Old     (aneal000)      Join Date: Feb 2002       03-12-2003, 6:05 AM Reply   
Bradley I will be at all of the INT stops. I think their are 5 on the books right now. Table Rock is one and we will be their. I was their last year, however I was boatless and being a mooch the entire weekend! I ended up spending most of my time in either the Orange Wakesetter VLX or the Yellow Response that had the tower. It was a great time! This year should be a awesome too! Can't wait!

Jeje... warm this weekend! When are we going??? When is the tower going to be on. I know it won't be as much fun for you but we can ride behind mine this weekend if yours is not ready yet! Lets try and put somthing together for Sat!
Old     (bbeach)      Join Date: Jul 2002       03-12-2003, 6:53 AM Reply   
Riffle you are such a kidder!

PS. It's getting awfully nice outside! I'm in flip flops today, you know what that means! Break out the Drysuits!
Old     (eljefepequeno)      Join Date: Dec 2002       03-12-2003, 9:59 AM Reply   
Mike- I look forward to meeting you and your KC crew at Table Rock. Thanks for the support and all the hard work you do for INT!!
Steve- Thanks, pics of the tower installed are coming, hopefully on Monday!
Tony- I will call you. I am hoping the tower is done by Saturday, but can't be sure. I will let you know, otherwise, I am going to have to owe you 2!
Bradley- According to Tony, I am a wimp for following the 100 degree rule, Water+ Air=100.
Whats the rule for KC folks?
Old     (gobig)      Join Date: May 2002       03-12-2003, 10:54 AM Reply   
i personally prefer the Flight Control Tower, but thats just an opinion, cause i dont see any reason to put the FCT off...

the FCT looks good to me (compared with malibu,mc & co), and it fits good to the boat ..

equipped with the bimini top and the cc-flightclips the tower looks perfect... the racks and bimini top looks and works great...

Old     (greatdane)      Join Date: Feb 2001       03-12-2003, 11:14 AM Reply   
Many people want/need more than 2 racks.
Can you put 4 sets of flight-clips on an FCT?
So, you are required to have an ugly mix of racks.

The 4 center attached ropes with balls on the clips are a pain.
They get in the way when you are putting a board up.
The single top-to-bottom strap on my Boss rack is much better.

The top board rattles against the tower unless you put the boot against the tower.

The standard fork-tine solution is much better.

CC blew it; they had many examples to learn from and they blew it.
Or, maybe Boss has a patent that they are trying to avoid (much like the effect seen with the BU tower).
Old     (bbeach)      Join Date: Jul 2002       03-12-2003, 11:25 AM Reply   
Jefe:
I don't have any rules. I just know that if I feel the need to get wet! I'm gettin wet! I sure wish my new ski would come in?!?
Old     (gobig)      Join Date: May 2002       03-12-2003, 11:28 AM Reply   
i can throw 4 boards on my tower, and thats everytime enough ... hrmm ..... =)

but anyway .. enjoy your boat

Old     (bigjackamo)      Join Date: Aug 2002       03-12-2003, 12:35 PM Reply   
Dane, you sure spend alot of time bashing Nautiques on this board. What happened? Did you get ran over one as a child?

Honestly, you have a need for more than four boards. I can see once in a rare while but with more than four boards in a boat? I'm amazed anyone gets any actual water time in.

There is not a wakeboard boat made that I can not find 10 things I like and 10 things I dont like. As far as I know the perfect boat does not exist. You just have to find what works best for you and enjoy it. Come on pal, Cant we all just get along???
Old     (greatdane)      Join Date: Feb 2001       03-12-2003, 12:45 PM Reply   
I was waiting for a personal attack. I am sorry you take this personally. I do not.

Everyone I know has their own board (as it should be). Add a wakeskate and you get to more than 4 boards pretty quickly.
Old    wakelvr            03-12-2003, 12:56 PM Reply   
We usually don't ride with more than 4 people on our boat (sometimes 5 and at the most, 6). BUT even with 4 people, we are in need for another rack. Between the wakeskates and all, 2 are just not enough. Thus, we ordered another pair of racks for the X2!

Enjoy your boat. Love the color combo!!
Old     (cryptic22)      Join Date: Apr 2002       03-12-2003, 1:09 PM Reply   
Quite often when we go out we have more than 4 riders. Every rider brings their own board and I often bring an additional board for any newbies that don't have their own gear. That easily puts us over 4 boards. It is a pain to trip over all the extra boards. (I prefer not to have the fins in the boat tearing up my seats.) I plan on adding an additional 2 racks to my tower on the lower bar.

I have also noticed that the top board in the flight clips rattles occasionally unless strapped in correctly. As far as ease of use is concerned, I have experienced some racks that are worse and some that are better. They all have their quirks it’s just a matter of learning the little tricks with your own.

Phil-Where do you guys ride in KC? Do you still have ice on the water? (I've heard rumors it is supposed to be 70 down there this weekend.)
Old     (bigjackamo)      Join Date: Aug 2002       03-12-2003, 1:30 PM Reply   
We ride pretty much where ever there is water down here. It's been pretty dry, so some of our lakes may be a bit sketchy if we don't get some rain. No, we do not have ice on the lakes here. It was pretty warm here this winter, warm but dry.

I think we are going to head out next weekend if not this weekend. We've got to get those boats out and blast the cob webs out!

I've got to ask, did you pick out hawkeye colors for your boat? Either way, pretty cool!
Old     (eljefepequeno)      Join Date: Dec 2002       03-12-2003, 1:55 PM Reply   
Stefani- Thanks, make sure you post pics of your new boat when it comes in.

Luke- Right now, in STL, it is 71. Should be close to the same this weekend and probably a little warmer in KC. Did I hear, Daytrip?

Others... I have to agree that a pair of board racks are not enough anymore. I can see 4 people having 6 boards very easily, if you include a wakeskate and a inland surfer.
Since I haven't owned board racks myself, I will still consider it a nice luxury. You will probably here me complain about it next year, though.
Old     (cryptic22)      Join Date: Apr 2002       03-12-2003, 1:57 PM Reply   
Hahahahah heck no, the girlfriend liked yellow and black, and I agreed that it was sharp looking so that's what I went with. In no way shape or form was it designed based on Hawkeye colors. (I should have thought of that in advance and gone with a different color because I get asked that quite often!)

I haven't even had it out yet, one of my friends said it was going to be pretty nice down there.

Jefe, yeah, I was definitely thinking road trip. Your boat looks awesome. Can't wait to see it with the tower.

(Message edited by cryptic22 on March 12, 2003)
Old     (greatdane)      Join Date: Feb 2001       03-12-2003, 2:07 PM Reply   
Ya, I just ordered my HL LandLock from wakeside.com. I think it will be very useful while my knee is still recovering.
Old    steveaz            03-12-2003, 4:44 PM Reply   
How much and did they have them in stock Dane? I'd rather give the business to my local dealer but they don't have any.

Phil, I think Dane gives props to the Nautiques as well, there are just a few things that some of us don't care for just as there are in Malibus, Mastercrafts, Tiges, and so on. It's all about comprimises and what works for you.

As for racks, I regularily 6 or more boards on my boat (wakeskates, boards, and hopefully a Landlock soon) and it's not worth it to risk vinyl damage from fins. Again...to each, their own.

Steve
Old     (greatdane)      Join Date: Feb 2001       03-12-2003, 4:54 PM Reply   
Steve, I will send you an email.
Old     (aoblak)      Join Date: Jan 2002       03-12-2003, 5:22 PM Reply   
I also have at least 4 boards everytime that I go out and would need a scond pair of board racks
Old     (wake_fun)      Join Date: Apr 2002       03-18-2003, 8:28 PM Reply   
Where's those pics with the tower on the boat?
Old     (eljefepequeno)      Join Date: Dec 2002       03-26-2003, 7:17 AM Reply   
Here are some pics with the tower installed. For those thinking of adding Boss instead of FCT on their Nautique, this should help you make your mind. I am so STOKED!!!

(Message edited by eljefepequeno on March 26, 2003)
Old     (eljefepequeno)      Join Date: Dec 2002       03-26-2003, 7:21 AM Reply   

These are the initial pics, I am going to add some more later
Old     (aoblak)      Join Date: Jan 2002       03-26-2003, 7:28 AM Reply   
that looks great, how well does the tower fit to the deck of the boat.
Old    markb            03-26-2003, 7:37 AM Reply   
you should be stoked! Looks great. Nice choice on the colors...haven't seen that combo before. The weather has been nice enough lately. I hope you've gotten it wet by now!
Old     (eljefepequeno)      Join Date: Dec 2002       03-26-2003, 8:03 AM Reply   
Hey Mark, whats up man!!! Yup, got it in the water, but haven't been able to ride behind it yet. The Tower just got done last night.

Been out on the water lately?
Old    markb            03-26-2003, 8:15 AM Reply   
Nope, not since January. I've got the beast out of storage and finishing up on a few winter projects. I should be ready to go by this weekend or next. I can't wait to get back on the water! If not soon, I'm going to go insane! Give me a holler sometime! Have fun with the new toy.
Old    jlm            03-26-2003, 8:16 AM Reply   
Looks great!!! Good color and tower selection.
Old     (eljefepequeno)      Join Date: Dec 2002       03-26-2003, 8:18 AM Reply   
Allen-
Actually, I wasn't the one to do the install, but the guys at Extreme said they had no problems with it. Anyway, here is a closeup picture of the back Belmont mounts on a Nautique (from what I remember, it is not mine so I can't be sure though).
Old     (andrew_moreton)      Join Date: Feb 2003       03-27-2003, 12:11 PM Reply   
Jefe,
Your boat looks great with the Boss tower. I rode behind Shaun's last summer while he was in STL and it looked a lot better than the FCT. I live in Cape Girardeau and was wondering if you could ever give me a pull. I occasionally ride with the Stateamind guys in St. Louis. Thanks and congrats.
Old     (greatdane)      Join Date: Feb 2001       03-27-2003, 12:26 PM Reply   
That looks great.

How did this OSS setup cost out when compared to the FCT with similar equipment?
Old     (eljefepequeno)      Join Date: Dec 2002       03-27-2003, 2:03 PM Reply   
Andrew-
Sure, let me know when your in the St. Louis area, we'll go ride. Also try to make it to one of the INT tournaments, it should be a blast this year. Otherwise, well give you an email if I ever make it down to Clearwater.
Later
Old     (gherk)      Join Date: Aug 2001       03-27-2003, 2:05 PM Reply   
Not that I'm knocking the tower, but what's the deal with the mounts. It looks as though that tower doesn't collapse which leads me to question why they are using a swivel mount. Shouldn't they have just molded the mount into the tower like they did on the front mounts? Or does is collapse and I just can't see where?

Awesome color combo. That tower does look sweet.
Old     (eljefepequeno)      Join Date: Dec 2002       03-27-2003, 2:38 PM Reply   
OK Dane, I am having to use CC MSRP and Boss MSRP pricing so I don't know how much this is really going to help you.
210 Team MSRP is 54.2K
210 Limited with team options (Except Kicker upgrade) and
Boss Belmont
Boss Warp Board Racks
is 55.5k
So ABOUT a thousand three hundred dollar difference between the two. I am not a dealer, so the MSRP prices I have could be out-of-date, but it gives you and idea.
If you decide on a bimini, Tower speakers, and lights, you would probably get a pretty good deal from the Boss Dealer (Kinda like a package deal)

There are other factors to take in account, but I hope that answers your question.

Paul
You might want to have Rio or Mark answer your question, but from what I understand, they went with a mount like that to get both parallel and perpendicular support for the tower. While other tower manufacturers only do perpendicular.

Another plus with the Boss tower is the fact that it (customized) will collapse 3 to 4 inches above the windshield, while other tower manufacturers are close to 9 inches (FCT) to a foot and a half. I understand the FCT fits under a standard 7' door, but anything less might cause trouble.

Man, I should be a salesman.... Which, BTW, the boat is going up for sale in Sept, Oct. Can't start to early, eh?
Old     (bigjackamo)      Join Date: Aug 2002       03-28-2003, 6:28 AM Reply   
The Flight Control Tower breaks down to 9 inches above the windshield? Wow, I never noticed it was that high, I always thought it was pretty close to the same heigth. Cool thing is it still fits in my standard height garage just fine.

Nice boat man, I cant wait to see it!
Old     (eljefepequeno)      Join Date: Dec 2002       03-28-2003, 7:05 AM Reply   
Phil-
Yes, that is what I was told when I was researching. It was a big deal as I have a 6'10" door, and I didn't want to get stuck renting garage space.

Maybe I am wrong as I didn't actually measure it myself. If you have the time, could you check the actual measurement and post it?

Thanks
Old     (bigjackamo)      Join Date: Aug 2002       03-28-2003, 7:23 AM Reply   
I will measure it tonight and post it.
Old     (bigjackamo)      Join Date: Aug 2002       03-30-2003, 6:58 AM Reply   
I'm a bit late but here is the info on the Flight Control Tower. Folded down it is 9" above the windshield, however, its at the front that it's the highest, I only thought about the back. Total height on the trailer is 81".
Old     (bigjackamo)      Join Date: Aug 2002       03-31-2003, 6:21 AM Reply   
I forgot, what kind of trailer is your cool boat sitting on?
Old     (eljefepequeno)      Join Date: Dec 2002       03-31-2003, 7:39 AM Reply   
Thanks Phil! I can't check WW until monday anyway, so no worries! I appreciate the help.

Owen at Boatmate (Same manu from Supra)just started making trailers for CC. Very pleased...

(Short answer, if you care about some options and such, read on...)

When I was researching, I wanted a swing tongue instead of a removeable tongue. That was extremely hard to find in my neck of the woods (at the time). At least one that was around 2-3" from the front of the bow. You can also get options like prop guard rollers, stainless steel fenders, BoatBuddy Autolatch (installed, but you need a longer bow eye for your 210 to make it work), and LED lights (Which looks sweet!) I will post pics of it lit up in the evening, they are extremely bright.
Later