Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       08-03-2010, 10:59 AM Reply   
http://www.thefordstory.com/our-plan...power-upgrade/

Putting the 6.7-liter Power Stroke® Back on Top with a Power Upgrade
August 3, 2010
The 6.7-liter Power Stroke® V8 turbocharged diesel engine is now rated at best-in-class 800 lb.-ft. of torque and 400 horsepower. This is an increase of 65 lb.-ft. of torque and 10 horsepower compared to when the all-new Ford-built engine went on sale in April of 2010. Current 2011 Ford F-Series Super Duty® diesel owners can get the increased performance through a free dealer-installed software upgrade to the truck’s powertrain control module.

To get the inside story on this power increase, we spent some time with Adam Gryglak, Ford Powertrain Chief Engineer. Adam is often referred to as Dr. Diesel and the father of the all-new Ford-engineered and Ford-built Power Stroke engine.

theFordStory: What exactly will Ford be offering to owners of 2011 Power Stroke Super Duty trucks?

Adam: The 2011 Super Duty is already one of our best products. We have seen a substantial improvement in overall sales. With this torque and power upgrade, we offer class-leading torque with 800 lb.-ft. of torque, up from 735, and we increased horsepower from 390 to 400.

What did you have to change in the truck to achieve the higher torque and horsepower numbers?

The change is made entirely in the calibration, which is basically the programming of the powertrain control module that controls fuel delivery. The engine has the basic foundation to operate there and ensure outstanding durability. We just needed to upload the latest “app.”

What did it take to create a new calibration?

Since this an all new engine – Ford-designed and built – we had mapped the engine at many various calibrations during the course of engine development. That means that we had the data already. We had also already performed durability testing and validated the powertrain at these higher levels.

Will customers be concerned about using a calibration that didn’t go through the same rigorous testing as the rest of their truck?

The revised upgrade went through all of the same rigorous testing, and everything meets all of our internal standards.

Give us some insight into what conversations went on inside Ford when GM announced its numbers?

Having developed an all-new engine, we knew there was more potential in this engine. So it didn’t really alarm us when GM announced its numbers.

The original power and torque numbers were based on what we thought would be the right offerings for the truck and the market when we launched the truck. Behind the scenes, we were already working on more performance improvements. We simply decided to deliver more value sooner rather than later.

Did you or someone your team anticipate GM one-upping the impressive torque and horsepower numbers of the new Power Stroke?

We recognized that we would be announcing our numbers first, and we did think that they might take advantage of that. But Super Duty is number one in the segment, and we expect to stay there.

What will the Ford team do if GM raises its numbers?

Ford is all about value and customer satisfaction. We are always looking to improve our product and time will tell what we do next.

Why not launch with higher numbers earlier in the year?

We had to agree with what would be the best targets a year ahead of time so the complete powertrain and vehicle would be stable heading into launch. To do so, we chose to be more conservative. You can see by the initial consumer response that we made the right choice. The vehicle is doing very well in the market.

Why is it important to have the best numbers? Isn’t there more to the driving experience than just having the top numbers?

The numbers are important to our customers. The customer-impact of these improved numbers gives them torque reserve. They’ll experience less downshifting while they are towing. They should also find a fuel-economy improvement of at least 2 percent, which is a full 20 percent better than the 2010 model Super Duty with the previous generation Power Stroke engine.

What’s the process for owners of the 2011 trucks in order to get the new calibration?

Current owners of vehicles with the 2011 Power Stroke will get a letter that tells them exactly what to do. Basically, starting August 31 and continuing for 12 months, customers can go to their dealership and receive a 30-minute software upgrade for free. This is the first customer loyalty program of this kind.
Old     (epic1)      Join Date: Oct 2006       08-03-2010, 11:40 AM Reply   
and the wars begin.... Is this what the muscle car wars of the 60/70's were like? This is going to end in the 1000ft/lbs's.
Old     (lifetimewarranty)      Join Date: Oct 2008       08-03-2010, 11:42 AM Reply   
That's funny, Hate.

I, personally, am completely sick of this max torque bs. I am not a big toyota fan, but if they put a diesel in the tundra or sequoia, then that will be my next vehicle. These domestics are completely out of touch.

Personally, my Tahoe with 335lb-ft of torque pulls my boat like it isn't even there(haha - first to say it on this string), but seriously, I think 400-450 lb-ft in a 4.5litre diesel that gets 30 mpg's unloaded (in a suburban size car)is a smarter thing to be developing...
Old     (lifetimewarranty)      Join Date: Oct 2008       08-03-2010, 11:51 AM Reply   
Nevermind - thought I saw a link to a diesel tundra...
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       08-03-2010, 11:59 AM Reply   
TC, numbers sell thats a fact. HP, torque and fuel economy are numbres most customers wanna see high. Ford is faaaarrr from out of touch as you can see worldwide our market share is increasing at a phenomenal rate. As far as small diesels in America goes the market research simply doesn't support it. To many Americans still do not like desiel and see it as a dirt, smelly fuel. It would be great to get the desiel motors that we have in our cars in Europe but there again the cost of manufacturing and importing are to great for what here would be a niche market. Believe me if Toyota does come out with a heavy duty truck with a diesel they'll be shooting for some big numbers too.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       08-03-2010, 12:02 PM Reply   
ford had more truck experience in their first 50 years of building trucks than toyota does total. ford has built the number one selling truck for over 20 years. besides who wants a truck with unintended acceleration!LOL
Old     (lifetimewarranty)      Join Date: Oct 2008       08-03-2010, 12:08 PM Reply   
Yeah - I can't even believe that I typed that!!!lol.
Old     (Conejo_Guy)      Join Date: Jul 2010       08-03-2010, 12:15 PM Reply   
Ford was supposed to launch 4.4 liter diesel in the F150 and Expedition in 2010. I had planned to buy the Expedition version. It's too bad the market won't support it. I have no use for a 3/4 ton truck other than pulling our boat. After driving Fords for 25+ years I jumped over to a GM gas powered SUV with 403 ponies and 417 ft lbs of torque. That's 100 more ponies than I had under the hood of my old Expedition. It's too bad Ford still doesn't get it.

The extra HP and torque has made a huge difference in my long two experience. I actually don't mind it so much anymore. The blue oval is a small dot in the rear view mirror now. Too bad....
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       08-03-2010, 12:35 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifetimewarranty View Post
Yeah - I can't even believe that I typed that!!!lol.
T C are you trying to stir the pot ,don't make me go get my can of whoopa$$! now let me see here where did i put that can. it sucks getting old.LOL
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       08-03-2010, 12:39 PM Reply   
Don't you just love pizzin matches? I saw that GM shutdown their production line on the Duramax's due to a parts supply issue, makes me wonder if that is the real reason or if they are testing out their 405hp/805lb ft bversion! LOL! IMO it's a win for both GM and Ford customers because both are really putting out ridiculous #'s now! Ford was only the #1 selling truck for 20 years because the Chevy and GMC aren't technically the same truck, if you add Chevy and GMC together, "GM" won a lot of those years.
Here's an example that shows 2007/2008....
http://news.pickuptrucks.com/2009/01...ear-end-t.html
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       08-03-2010, 1:25 PM Reply   
It's over 30 years

Oh and FYI the fuel economy is improving with the new numbers by at least 2% on the 6.7

Eric, you're really gonna hate that our Max trailer tow package for our 2011's will include the 3.5 liter V6 ecoboost motor.

The 2011 CAFE regulations are coming and all trucks (8500 GVWR and under) will have to average better than 24MPG
Old     (cwkoch)      Join Date: Aug 2006       08-03-2010, 1:44 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by timmyb View Post
Don't you just love pizzin matches? I saw that GM shutdown their production line on the Duramax's due to a parts supply issue, makes me wonder if that is the real reason or if they are testing out their 405hp/805lb ft bversion! LOL! IMO it's a win for both GM and Ford customers because both are really putting out ridiculous #'s now! Ford was only the #1 selling truck for 20 years because the Chevy and GMC aren't technically the same truck, if you add Chevy and GMC together, "GM" won a lot of those years.
Here's an example that shows 2007/2008....
http://news.pickuptrucks.com/2009/01...ear-end-t.html
At least someone knows what theyr'e talking about..... Ford barely beats Chevy most years in numbers..... If you add in GMC, since they're the same truck, they kill Ford....
Old     (dave27)      Join Date: May 2005       08-03-2010, 1:56 PM Reply   
This thread is for Ford guys I imagine. So why do Chevy guys and Toyota guys but in? Wait, can I even call Toyota fans guys? Anyway, If I was to read a Duramax thread here about more HP, I wouldn't bash. Just my .02
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       08-03-2010, 2:05 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwkoch View Post
At least someone knows what theyr'e talking about..... Ford barely beats Chevy most years in numbers..... If you add in GMC, since they're the same truck, they kill Ford....
THATS WHY THEY ARE IN BANKRUPCY! GMC=GOVERNMENT MOTOR COMPANY. you asked for it
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       08-03-2010, 2:12 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave27 View Post
This thread is for Ford guys I imagine. So why do Chevy guys and Toyota guys but in? Wait, can I even call Toyota fans guys? Anyway, If I was to read a Duramax thread here about more HP, I wouldn't bash. Just my .02
I own Ford and Chevy
Old     (meathead65)      Join Date: Sep 2006       08-03-2010, 2:27 PM Reply   
Hate....what kind of real world mpg numbers are these new 6.7's pulling? I would consider upgrading from my 08 6.4, the only complaint I have about my truck is the crap mpg numbers. If these new 6.7's can get me 15 overall, I'd make a trade.
Old     (lifetimewarranty)      Join Date: Oct 2008       08-03-2010, 3:01 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave27 View Post
That'd be mybad Dave - sorry. How could I even mention Toyota in a thread about "real" trucks...lol

Personally, I appreciate the big 3 pushing the diesel boundaries. I just wish there were a market for 1/2 ton versions...like the Volkswagon or Mercedes GL...
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       08-03-2010, 3:07 PM Reply   
17.5-19 average is commonly reported to us by our customers. I've had guys getting 22+ cruising down the highway.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       08-03-2010, 6:09 PM Reply   
i get 16 to 17 city and 19 to 20 highway in my 05 six liter four door 4x4.
Old     (redsupralaunch)      Join Date: Aug 2002       08-03-2010, 7:28 PM Reply   
I stopped in and saw the 2011 Duramax today. They have switched to using a urea based cleaner for the soot filters instead of pumping diesel in the filters and burning the soot out. I was told it holds 5 gal of urea and is used over about 8,000 miles.

Does the new Ford use this method too? or are they still pumping disel fuel to burn it off.
Old     (bawshogg)      Join Date: Dec 2005       08-03-2010, 7:38 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by redsupralaunch View Post
I stopped in and saw the 2011 Duramax today. They have switched to using a urea based cleaner for the soot filters instead of pumping diesel in the filters and burning the soot out. I was told it holds 5 gal of urea and is used over about 8,000 miles.

Does the new Ford use this method too? or are they still pumping disel fuel to burn it off.
Yup,same deal.
Old     (gotboost)      Join Date: Jun 2007       08-03-2010, 7:56 PM Reply   
I get about 16 average around town with my 2011 6.7 and have gotten as high as 19 on the highway with the cruise set around 70. All numbers hand calculated. It definately is at least 20% better than the 2008 6.4 I had.
Old     (kenv)      Join Date: May 2002       08-03-2010, 8:24 PM Reply   
I am getting exactly what gotboost is getting. I am averaging 16 to and from work....18 on a long highway trip. Almost at 3000 miles. Stock truck. Time to get my first oil change and then go to every 5,000. Side note. I looked at my urea level screen, and at 2500 miles since new, the level is reading "Below half" now.

One more side note, this weekend I pulled my 20 foot Travel Travel trailer, probably 5,000 pounds loaded with all gear, water, bikes, wood, coolers and kayaks inside....and I got 15 miles to the gallon for a 90 mile trip. Granted...not a heavy trailer...but my 6.0 got 10 pulling my old 30 footer. The on board mileage NEVER dipped below 15 mpg for about 85 of the 90 miles. The last five were really hilly and it did go down to 14.8 by the time I hit the campsite. Bucking a little south wind on the return trip Sunday, it was showing 14.7 all the way home. This truck is incredible. If you have a 6.0 or 6.4....this truck will amaze you. I guarentee you, a stock 6.4 pulling that camper would have averaged 10 mpg
Old     (toesideturtle)      Join Date: Oct 2002       08-03-2010, 9:16 PM Reply   
I've owned every series diesel engine Ford has put in their trucks. Until now, my favorite was the 7.3, least favorite was 6.4. I purchased the 2011 6.7 2 months ago am was blown away by the performance and economy. It is by far the most powerful(stock) diesel truck I've owned. Economy, 16 mpg in town and close to 20 on the freeway depending on speed. I took a trip to New Mexico, drove around 85mph mostly and averaged 18 mpg for the 2200 mile trip. When I tow a 9500lb. tractor & trailer, I got 13.8 mpg--my 6.4 got 7 towing. I'm very happy with my new truck, took a $5k loss on the old one and have no regrets!
Old     (epic1)      Join Date: Oct 2006       08-03-2010, 9:18 PM Reply   
there is a reason that there is no mercury or linclon mustang, f 250 etc. Ford does and will not let their other house brands compete with bread and butter sales. there is also a reason that ford DID NOT need govt. money. Busines is fords thing. Hands down.
Old     (epic1)      Join Date: Oct 2006       08-03-2010, 9:20 PM Reply   
ecoboost's are suposed to have a silly flat tq curve. Diesel like. That is the closest we are going to get in power, tq curve and economy in a half ton.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       08-04-2010, 7:37 AM Reply   
CWA, you're correct the new ecoboosts are real marvels in that they can produce soooo much low end torque. Popular science had them in their top ten innovations. On top of it they get excellent fuel economy.
Old     (Khemosahbe)      Join Date: Jul 2010       08-04-2010, 9:34 AM Reply   
All of the big three's diesels are very de-tuned for emissions. With a PCM program you can add close to 200 rwhp to any of them. My '05 6.0L F250 went from 325 at the crank to ~400 at the wheels with just a one minute flash. On the Fords you can program the Torqshift transmissions to better hold that power, unsure on the others.
Old     (no_really)      Join Date: Jan 2009       08-04-2010, 6:57 PM Reply   
Beware-RANT.

19 Ford Power Stroke work trucks from 06-10's and every single one but two have fallen apart. Not operator error-just POS's. Im making three payments on three with blown motors. They blew between 105k - 116k. 4th turbo and oil cooling system on one of my 2010 F550's with a $3,700.00 invoice ready for me to pay and pick up. Im afraid to tow my boat with this thing!

Ford has done nothing to help aside for a few small invoice reductions which maybe amount to $525.00.

Im offloading every single truck over the next three months and will be purchasing Dodge and the total count will be 23 new ones. Know whats amazing, after all the upper management I have spoken with over that last two years at corporate they just dont give a fxxk about trying to keep my business-truly sad.

I WILL NEVER PURCHASE ANY FORD PRODUCT IN MY LIFETIME PERIOD.

RANT over
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       08-04-2010, 7:48 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by no_really View Post
Beware-RANT.

19 Ford Power Stroke work trucks from 06-10's and every single one but two have fallen apart. Not operator error-just POS's. Im making three payments on three with blown motors. They blew between 105k - 116k. 4th turbo and oil cooling system on one of my 2010 F550's with a $3,700.00 invoice ready for me to pay and pick up. Im afraid to tow my boat with this thing!

Ford has done nothing to help aside for a few small invoice reductions which maybe amount to $525.00.

Im offloading every single truck over the next three months and will be purchasing Dodge and the total count will be 23 new ones. Know whats amazing, after all the upper management I have spoken with over that last two years at corporate they just dont give a fxxk about trying to keep my business-truly sad.

RANT over
never say never i go to all the dealers. dodge is having turbo problems and in bankrupcy
Old     (882001)      Join Date: Nov 2003       08-04-2010, 8:37 PM Reply   
while i agree wholeheartedly that the 6.0 was junk the new 6.7 dodge doesnt seem to be doing a whole bunch better.
Quote:
Originally Posted by no_really View Post
Beware-RANT.

RANT over
Old     (882001)      Join Date: Nov 2003       08-04-2010, 8:38 PM Reply   
335lb-ft is the ultimate torque #? haha
Old     (bondo)      Join Date: Oct 2007       08-04-2010, 8:45 PM Reply   
my dodge seems fine. it makes nearly 700 horsepower and 1380 torque. cummins makes a good motor! But dynomite diesel in monroe makes them mo' better!
Old     (bawshogg)      Join Date: Dec 2005       08-04-2010, 9:48 PM Reply   
I wish people would quit posting things about trucks. Everytime someone tries to just throw out some possible good info for people, it always turns into a pissing match about what brand is better. Ghey. Nobody asked. hate just through out a blurb about what Ford is offering to it's customers that own a new 6.7. Next things you know, Fords are shiat, Dodges are better, and GM sold more trucks! WTF? oooo, ohhhh and guess what? My DODGE has 9000 ft' lbs of torque, Eats tranny's and craps rear ends. WHO CARES!
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       08-05-2010, 3:54 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by bondo View Post
my dodge seems fine. it makes nearly 700 horsepower and 1380 torque. cummins makes a good motor! But dynomite diesel in monroe makes them mo' better!
he is not buying used he is buying new.do some research.
Old     (lifetimewarranty)      Join Date: Oct 2008       08-05-2010, 5:40 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawshogg View Post
I wish people would quit posting things about trucks. Everytime someone tries to just throw out some possible good info for people, it always turns into a pissing match about what brand is better. Ghey. Nobody asked. hate just through out a blurb about what Ford is offering to it's customers that own a new 6.7. Next things you know, Fords are shiat, Dodges are better, and GM sold more trucks! WTF? oooo, ohhhh and guess what? My DODGE has 9000 ft' lbs of torque, Eats tranny's and craps rear ends. WHO CARES!

I agree it gets tiring, bawshogg, but it is a "Forum"...

fo·rum (fôrm, fr-)
n. pl. fo·rums also fo·ra (fôr, fr)
a. The public square or marketplace of an ancient Roman city that was the assembly place for judicial activity and public business.
b. A public meeting place for open discussion.
c. A medium for open discussion or voicing of ideas, such as a newspaper, a radio or television program, or a website.
2. A public meeting or presentation involving a discussion usually among experts and often including audience participation.
3. A court of law; a tribunal.

A lot of these guys (myself included) are speaking from first hand experience, and that is pretty valuable info also, imo.

And my thanks to Hate for all of his Ford info.
Old     (dave27)      Join Date: May 2005       08-05-2010, 7:35 AM Reply   
I like Ford products.
Old     (bawshogg)      Join Date: Dec 2005       08-05-2010, 8:42 AM Reply   
I know what a "forum" is, and I also know why we have "topics" . It is to discuss the matter brought forth and not how many stumps your Dodge can pull out. Bottom line is, there are turds in every toilet. Every make has good and bad. That is NOT what this topic is about. It was simply a cut and paste from the Ford website. You wanna talk about how many people bought a GM truck, start your own "topic". Better yet, show us your golfcart, woulda?
Old     (Conejo_Guy)      Join Date: Jul 2010       08-05-2010, 8:52 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawshogg View Post
I know what a "forum" is, and I also know why we have "topics" . It is to discuss the matter brought forth and not how many stumps your Dodge can pull out. Bottom line is, there are turds in every toilet. Every make has good and bad. That is NOT what this topic is about. It was simply a cut and paste from the Ford website. You wanna talk about how many people bought a GM truck, start your own "topic". Better yet, show us your golfcart, woulda?
This is what makes the WW forum so great. Each topic is hammered by great masterdebaters!
Old     (evil0ne)      Join Date: Sep 2006       08-05-2010, 9:32 AM Reply   
It took longer then expected to get Dodge in there.
Old     (bawshogg)      Join Date: Dec 2005       08-05-2010, 9:43 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by evil0ne View Post
It took longer then expected to get Dodge in there.
Ya, thinkin about it .... Your right.
Old     (cadunkle)      Join Date: Jul 2009 Location: NJ       08-05-2010, 10:25 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by hatepain View Post
The 2011 CAFE regulations are coming and all trucks (8500 GVWR and under) will have to average better than 24MPG
Brilliant, the same clowns who eliminated station wagons getting 20-25 MPG highway and replaced them with SUVs getting half that are at it again, increasing the amount of fuel Americans use.
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       08-05-2010, 10:36 AM Reply   
Just crossed 60k with my 6.0 last night. Most fun truck I've ever driven. So much grunt. I've been running a mild tune since new, sticking with regular maintanence, and my truck has never been back to the dealer. When the time comes I'll be buying another Ford diesel. The size and economy make it worth it for me. I'm sure the 3/4 tons aren't optimal for most as a daily driver, but I've got a short commute, don't need to drive it all the time and have a huge parking lot at work. So I'll make the sacrifice in order to have more room for the toys on the weekends. Plus it hauls the boat like it's nothing.
Old     (epic1)      Join Date: Oct 2006       08-05-2010, 8:25 PM Reply   
and ford REALLY misses your biz. 23 trucks is NOTHING to a FLEET DEALER. That does not make it right, but you have never talked to fords upper mgmt. Blow some more smoke out your ass, buy a dodge, and have fun. DODGE SUCKS
Old     (epic1)      Join Date: Oct 2006       08-05-2010, 8:26 PM Reply   
fiat sucks too.
Old     (no_really)      Join Date: Jan 2009       08-05-2010, 10:53 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by epic1 View Post
and ford REALLY misses your biz. 23 trucks is NOTHING to a FLEET DEALER. That does not make it right, but you have never talked to fords upper mgmt. Blow some more smoke out your ass, buy a dodge, and have fun. DODGE SUCKS
Read it again guy. 23 or 1 truck its how Ford's upper management has handeled my situation regarding my trucks. Are you my company fleet and equipment manager, are you part of my business plan, and what are you suggesting I blow out my ass?

If you have a problem with me changing brands because of continuing issues and experince with the Ford brand go ahead and contact me for further discussion. I will be more than willing to take the time and review every single repair under and out of warranty with you. Maybe then you can tell me exactly what it is I need to blow out my ass-ok?
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       08-06-2010, 4:35 AM Reply   
not sure chill you'll get to know dodge / fiats upper management [if they will talk to you] when they unlaod their last diesels on you do your research, they wont offer diesels in near future. part of survival plan for BANKRUPCY!
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       08-06-2010, 11:34 AM Reply   
Just a reminder Dodge doesn't sell trucks anymore its Ram now. He can buy a Ram commercial diesel as they are still building those just not a normal diesel over the road pick up. We are the largest fleet dealer in out region and haven't had customers experience the same level of problems you have. There of course have been some issues (thats unavoidable) but nothing on the level of every single truck. It's odd that you have had such poor luck with yours, well no matter who's truck you buy U recommend extending out the warranty in case your luck doesn't change.
Old     (no_really)      Join Date: Jan 2009       08-06-2010, 12:40 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by hatepain View Post
Just a reminder Dodge doesn't sell trucks anymore its Ram now. He can buy a Ram commercial diesel as they are still building those just not a normal diesel over the road pick up. We are the largest fleet dealer in out region and haven't had customers experience the same level of problems you have. There of course have been some issues (thats unavoidable) but nothing on the level of every single truck. It's odd that you have had such poor luck with yours, well no matter who's truck you buy U recommend extending out the warranty in case your luck doesn't change.
I should have pointed out "Ram"-thanks for reminding me and yes they will be commercial trucks. I never have seen the likes of mechanicals like these and Im truly bummed about it. Extended warranty is on the list for sure.