Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 19, 2005

Old     (deltawake)      Join Date: Sep 2004       06-06-2005, 6:36 PM Reply   
On Sunday at the Nor Cal INT event, it was announced that Tyler Swayze (sp.?) was injured by a prop Saturday evening after the event.
Any news on how he's doing. Hearing something like that makes my heart sink.
Old     (liquidmx)      Join Date: Jun 2005       06-09-2005, 4:14 PM Reply   
Hey Peter, he just got back to his home wed or thurs. From what he told me it was over 100 stitches and 2 bolts through the knee. When I visit him I will get the details, he was pretty out of it when I talked to him on monday. If anyone has any messages or gifts you can email me at Liquidmx@hotmail.com
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       06-09-2005, 4:40 PM Reply   
ouch...that doesn't sound good
Old     (kybool)      Join Date: Aug 2004       06-09-2005, 4:57 PM Reply   
that's crazy, I was at that event part of the day. I didn't know anybody got hurt.
Old    tyler_swasey            06-09-2005, 11:24 PM Reply   
An hour or so after the conclusion of the Nor Cal INT contest at Antlers Marina in Shasta this weekend i was injured in a boating accident. The whole thing was a freak accadent i was just walking out towards the back platform sliped and fell the next thing i knew i was under the boat. 100 stitches and 2 bolts later im at home and workin on recovery. Needless to say im out for the season but not out for good. I just want to say thanks and i appreciate all the support i have been getting, thank you to everyone who made a trip to the hospital to see me or called it made the days go faster. if you want to contact me i have plenty of time to talk and let me know how yall are doin in the competitions.
Much love,
Tyler swasey
Sk8erty99@aol.com
(408)997-7118
Old     (wakeguru)      Join Date: Feb 2003       06-10-2005, 4:45 AM Reply   
Wow. The only way I can imagine this happening, from what you described, is the driver was turning and you fell over the gunwall or off the sundeck to the outside of the boats turn and the rear end swept over top of you....? It seems like the boat had to be in motion when you fell or the driver didn't know you fell in (which sounds unlikely) and put it in gear after you went overboard. Is there a lesson to be learned here? It does sound like a freak accident.

Anyways, I hope it heals up good and quick.
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       06-10-2005, 9:02 AM Reply   
I think we were talking about boat safety a few weeks ago. It's kinda easy for people that spend as much time around boats as we do to get a little lax on safety. I can't even could the number of time we are standing on the swim step with the boat in gear winding ropes, or walking around on the sundeck with the boat in gear.

Tyler, I'm really sorry to hear it. That sucks. Luckily it doesn't sound like a permanent injury. A lesson to all about boat safety. Make sure the driver is paying attention all the time.

Peace all
Old     (deneng)      Join Date: Feb 2005       06-10-2005, 2:59 PM Reply   
It doesn't necessarilly mean the boat moved. I think everyone is guilty of standing up to where if they lost there balance or there is no surface area traction where they are standing they might fall. Just have to remember to not have your boat running while someone is doing this. Sounds like the momentum of the fall and body position pushed him in the prop area. Im sure this will never happen again too him or the driver..
Tyler i hope you don't give up wakeboarding. This
will only make you better. Just make sure you finish up those antibiotics, and don't be afraid to go to the emrgency room if you have problems. You don't want to get a bone infection. Some can almost be untreatible.