Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 16, 2005

Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       04-28-2005, 5:15 PM Reply   
Saturday and Sunday it snowed. This Wednesday was the first ride of the season at Griggs.

Water temperature about 40F
Air temperature 50F
Skin color blue
The look on your wife’s face - priceless

Man the water was cold! Three of us had shortys and Dean had no wet suit at all!!! All we could stand was three short pulls. I got so cold I cold barely stand holding on to the rope! I can’t wait to go again next week.

Here were are just launched
Launched2

Cold water can be shockingly refreshing, right?
DangCold

Bunny jump the first wake
Dv

Toe side jumps need some work
Toe Side

jac on the wake
jac

Since it snowed and it was so cold I think we had a little equipment confusion, what do you think?
SnowBoard

Cheers.....
Old     (buzz_grande)      Join Date: Mar 2004       04-28-2005, 6:22 PM Reply   
40 and shorties! You guys are nuts, and have bigegr ones than me!!
Old     (poser007)      Join Date: Nov 2004       04-28-2005, 6:59 PM Reply   
I second that Buzz, Buddy I have been depressed man, I need to get on that houseboat!!!!!!!!!
Old    ozonerider            04-29-2005, 12:23 AM Reply   
Wow, you guys are rabid! I'm going to tell my crew to quit carping about our 64 degree water!
Old     (redv215)      Join Date: Mar 2005       04-29-2005, 9:35 AM Reply   
I have to say, you guys are alright. I used to do stuff like that when I was young but no longer. I do have to say that I am soft now living in CA, 50 is my cutoff.
Old     (nlitworld)      Join Date: Feb 2005       04-29-2005, 10:25 AM Reply   
Buzz, they may be a little crazy, but after riding in 40 degree water in shorty wetsuits, they definately do not have bigger ones than you. Shrinkage anyone? HA! It's good to see there are a few die hard riders still out there.
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       04-29-2005, 6:23 PM Reply   
You know, we can’t all live in SoCal, Texas or Florida. You have to deal with what you’ve got. Seriously, if the air temp were higher it wouldn’t be so bad.

Ya, a little worried about permanent shrinkage, if the effect is accumulative I may have to spend more time on the “Girls That Ride” discussion board. Ha

Tate, you “used to do stuff like that” when you were younger, I think on my crew you’d be the young pup, but not by much. The young (26) guy with the dry suit couldn’t make it.

Cheers, oh and I'm looking forward to warmer weather in the coming months.
Old    deanjonz            04-29-2005, 8:21 PM Reply   
One of the old guys (me - 46) that was out with the crew, doesn't own a wetsuit. And yeah, shrinkage prevailed. Here's my first air of the "First Ride of the Season" at Grigg's with the guys.
Wetsuit? We don't need no stinkin' wetsuit!

FrigidAir