Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through June 21, 2006

Old     (kainishida)      Join Date: Feb 2003       06-16-2006, 1:43 PM Reply   
Hey everybody. I'm looking to get a bimini top for my boat. The boat either had one or was fitted for one at some point because the mounts still exist. Has anybody mounted one to there boat that had a zero-flex on it. The tower tapers in pretty well so i wasn't sure if I could just buy a regular one or if I have to special order something. thanks.
Old     (badzuki)      Join Date: Sep 2001       06-16-2006, 8:20 PM Reply   
I was in your position a couple years ago. I really wanted a bimini for my 99 X but didn't wanted to fork out the money for a tower mounted one. So I ended up buying a cheap one of ebay I beleive. I did some measurements and tried my buddies on my boat and then purchased one. It is nearly perfect. When folded back it rests in the back seat. When folded up it bungees to the tower high enough to be out of the way and when it is folded out it is high enough but still low enough to fit under my tower speakers. I can get you some measurements if you want some pics if you really need. Color matched great too.
Old     (kainishida)      Join Date: Feb 2003       06-16-2006, 9:10 PM Reply   
Pictures would be awesome. If you could get the brand and measurements double bonus. I would rather not spend $600 on a tower mounted. Thanks this is a life saver!!!
Old     (badzuki)      Join Date: Sep 2001       06-17-2006, 9:36 AM Reply   
Okay I took 11 pictures, is it okay if I just email them to you? I hate taking the time to resize them?

The bimini measures:
68.5" foot to foot
it is 54" high when folded up
it is a 3 bow 6'foot long. That is pretty big. My buddy had an 01 X with the factory bimini and I thought it was small, his was 5'. The 6' gives great coverage.

I think I got mine from this guy:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/MEDIUM-BIMINI-BOAT-TOP-BLUE-3-BOW_W0QQitemZ4649222961QQihZ002QQcategoryZ26455QQs sPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
Old     (kainishida)      Join Date: Feb 2003       06-18-2006, 3:27 PM Reply   
Email would work great. kainishida@yahoo.com I'll probably have some more questions for you once I get the pictures. Thanks for taking the time.
Old     (badzuki)      Join Date: Sep 2001       06-19-2006, 12:12 PM Reply   
sent