Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (fyrfytr77)      Join Date: Mar 2010       05-14-2010, 3:58 PM Reply   
Hey all,
everyone seems to be raving about the supreme v226, but anyone know anything about the v208. I recently purchased a 2007, v208 with 43 hours. it has stock ballast, 500lbs either side and 500 in the front. anyone have any ideas of the best way to weight this thing up. Heading out next weekend and just looking for some pointers. This will be my first boat for surfing, have only done it on my buddies malibu before. Any tips would be great........ thanks in advance.

fyr
Old     (fyrfytr77)      Join Date: Mar 2010       05-14-2010, 4:18 PM Reply   
i attached a pic of the boat.....
Attached Images

Old     (calvolson)      Join Date: Mar 2009       05-15-2010, 8:07 PM Reply   
500 in the front hu? My 2007 v208 sky package didn't come with that. I didn't even know it was an option, but good you're going to need it. Just went out today I've got about 450lbs in the bow and an extra ~900 in sacks in the back. One in the rear locker and the other on the seat going up the port side. It was my first time out with the sacks and I really liked the wake, but will probably end up playing around with their positioning just to see. Some pictures were taken by a friend, once he decides to send them to me I'll post some, or maybe get him to jump on here and post them himself. Its a good boat I love it. Have fun.
Old     (wakebrdjay)      Join Date: Apr 2008       05-16-2010, 7:21 AM Reply   
The front tank is 280lbs. and rear tanks are 360lbs. each.if it's stock.I use a 370lb tube sac in the bow and a 400lb v-drive sac in rear and a couple of fat bricks to move around the seats.I have a 2007 V 212.
Attached Images

Old     (wakebrdjay)      Join Date: Apr 2008       05-16-2010, 7:38 AM Reply   
Better pict. of goofy wake.I ride goofy,still working on the regular side wake.Riding @ around 12.5-13.5 mph on a 2007 Inland Surfer Blue Lake.
Attached Images

Old     (fyrfytr77)      Join Date: Mar 2010       05-16-2010, 11:28 AM Reply   
Yeah there is a center ballast between the front bow area up to and below the front windsheild. Not really possitive of the weight J.T is probably right. Anyway i think i will purchase a fat sac for the one side as we will all probably surf the same side most of the time. Not sure what size will fit over top of the standard ballast in there. there seems to be lots of room.... anyway i will let you know how it goes next weekend.....
Old     (calvolson)      Join Date: Mar 2009       06-04-2010, 7:08 PM Reply   
Well took a while but here's couple. Not the best angle to show the wake but better then nothing.
Attached Images

Old     (duramat)      Join Date: Feb 2008       06-05-2010, 9:07 AM Reply   
Mike where is that? Hyrum? Tell me the snow is gone please!
Old     (calvolson)      Join Date: Mar 2009       06-05-2010, 4:14 PM Reply   
Yep Hyrum. Nop, snow is still on those mountains. Went out to Cutler today though water temp was 63 which is warm enough to get rid of that wet suite. It felt so good!