Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Trick Tips

Old    +grab            07-16-2001, 5:24 AM Reply   
I am at the end of my beginner stage, about 6 feet air, can do all the grabs, W2W 180 (+grab), 360....
so I am trying to learn some cool air tricks now, what would be the easier / safer trick to start with? would it be the backroll or the raley?
pls help! I really want to get something done this summer!
Old                07-16-2001, 6:46 AM Reply   
BACKROLL! Easy answer. The raley is going to be a lot riskier of a trick to try. I would rather have a few bruises trying a ton of backrolls than be out for the rest of the season trying to do one raley.
Old                07-16-2001, 4:01 PM Reply   
Why would you be out for the rest of the season after doing a raley? I can't do one yet but I was wondering what to watch out for. Joe
Old    and doing a nasty faceplant            07-16-2001, 8:21 PM Reply   
I have crashed and burned on TONS of raleys. I have gone from not getting my feet down at all, to getting them about 85% of the way down (and doing a nasty faceplant) to landing on the board and it just sliding out from underneath me. Most of the crashes haven't really hurt. I learned the motion on a wakeskate and that may of helped me. I have never rolled on a raley (like most people do at first). In my opinion, a raley is going to knock the breath out of you and give you a spliting headache, but you aren't going to be out of the rest of the season (unless you break a rib or something). My worse crash ever was on a backroll. Just my 2 cents...

A raley is all about the nuts to do it. If you are going to puss out and let off your cut, it isn't for you.

Remember, If you are going to dance - sometimes you have to pay the band.
Old                07-17-2001, 12:05 AM Reply   
thanks guys, will try back roll this weekend...