Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (ed_g)      Join Date: Nov 2005       05-06-2007, 4:15 AM Reply   
Friend of mine is a life-long surfer and yesterday he went out on the boat with us and brought his board.

It is 7' 10" long.

I think it's a something something wave riding machine. Logo has dolphins in a circular pattern.

I'm hooked.

It was the most effortless wakesurfing I have ever experienced.

Easy to get up, (using standard board side ways technique) and once up, right into the sweet spot.

Even with just my two 600lb sacs in my DD Outback, I was surfing the wake with the nose of the board about 8 feet behind the boat.

When my buddy rode his board he was back there doing all kinds of cutting back and forth. He was even surfing the wake where it almost disapears - about twenty feet behind the boat.

He enjoyed it immensly - he never got to ride continuously for such a long time before.

I'm off to Ron Jon's to buy a board!
Old    surfdad            05-06-2007, 6:19 AM Reply   
Ed! That is sick! We enjoyed the 10'2" Infinity of Dennis' but that was a bit more trouble to flip up than your 7'10". I love how far back you can flot in the pocket and recover. We ran the Tige up to about 14+ mph and had a pocket that was probably 40 feet in length you can surf the whole thing.

Before you run out and buy that longboard - Jerry Price of Shred Stixx, the same gentleman that so generosly donated to your Moomba/Supra Jamboree is making me an 8+ foor noserider, I'd bet he'll have production models available soon.
Old     (surfnfury65)      Join Date: Aug 2004       05-06-2007, 11:28 AM Reply   
Not that it matters but those are " Wave Riding Vehicles."
Surf More/Work Less!
Wadd$
Old     (stixxmon)      Join Date: May 2006       05-06-2007, 2:29 PM Reply   
Jeff,
Speaking of which. I think we will have the board to ride 5/12. "The Ugly Nuuhiwa"
Old     (ed_g)      Join Date: Nov 2005       05-06-2007, 2:55 PM Reply   
You bet I'd like to hear what Jerry can do for us.

Can you imagine the promotional opportunities of a long board manufacturer invading surf area (Daytona Beach et al) and in the wakeboard capital of the world (Clermont)???

My buddy is a Navy brat. He learned to surf in Hawaii while his dad was stationed there as a pilot.

Somebody ought to grab this guy as a team rider surfing long boards behind a boat. He is awesome.

His brother was on the beach the day the wave riding vehicle logo was designed. He used to be a team rider for wave riding vehicles.