Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 20, 2004

Old    tclagggym            08-08-2004, 10:37 PM Reply   
Do you think the pros should wear life vest?
My opinion is hey there pros. Do pro boxers wear head gear? On the other hand if I was being paid to ride and wear stuff I would have everything on I could.What do you guys think?
Old     (zipe)      Join Date: Mar 2002       08-08-2004, 10:55 PM Reply   
Dude, haven't enough people died, even pros, for this not to be a painfully obvious answer.

Along that same line of reasoning, professional race car drivers should be able to race without seat belts.

Pros should set an example and set the trend that its NOT cool to ride without a vest.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       08-08-2004, 11:16 PM Reply   
should pro football players wear helmets and pads? i don't think so. hell, they're pros and they're all big, tough guys!

while we're at it, race car drivers shouldn't wear helmets. they have a roll bar to protect them.

hey, don't wear your seatbelt in the car. you're a professional car rider.
Old    wsrmatt            08-09-2004, 1:15 AM Reply   
I STILL WANT TO KNOW WHY THEY HAVENT OUTLAWED SKATEBOARDERS IN MAGAZINES TO NOT WEAR HELMETS AND SAME WITH BMX GUYS ALSO. THEY DID IT WITH WAKEBOARDING MAGAZINE. THATS EVEN WORSE THAN A WAKEBOARDER NOT WEARING A LIFEJACKET.
Old     (jimmyg)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-09-2004, 2:46 AM Reply   
The top In-line skater in the UK just died this past week...crashed into a concrete lamp post whilst out practising...he wasn't wearing a helmet and suffered the unfortunate consequences...fractured skull and a coma he never came round from.
Old    r_dub            08-09-2004, 5:20 AM Reply   
Matt, Im sorry but I have to disagree with you. Not wearing a helmet while skating and riding BMX is not worse or even the same as not wearing a life vest while wakeboarding. You can get knocked out out while skating or riding BMX and still breathe!
Old     (piranha)      Join Date: Aug 2004       08-09-2004, 5:27 AM Reply   
isnt wearing a life jacket a law
Old     (tuneman)      Join Date: Mar 2002       08-09-2004, 10:17 AM Reply   
In Minnesota, a skier must have a life jacket; however, he doesn't have to wear it and can leave it in the boat. The only exception is Lake Minnetonka.