Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 21, 2003

Old     (ladyboarder)      Join Date: Feb 2001       04-07-2003, 7:11 PM Reply   
I have a Sony Xplod 760X2 amp in my boat to run 2 Lanzar 12s. I took it out for the winter and now only have one of the 12s in the boat. I hooked the amp back up last week, the exact same as it was last summer and it said over current. It has a fuse on the positive line, as well as a fuse in the amp. The single sub is bridged and everything else is exactly the same as it was last year and it worked without a problem all last summer. Anyone know what could be causing this? Has the moisture gotten to it?
Thanks
Tiffany
www.WakeChicks.com
Old    steveaz            04-07-2003, 8:07 PM Reply   
How many ohms are your subs? Are they single voice coil or dual? If so, what donfiguration are they wired, series or parallel? What ohm load is your amp stable to? By bridging your amp you are cutting the load in half and may be overloading the amp.

Steve
Old     (joesell)      Join Date: Apr 2001       04-08-2003, 10:17 AM Reply   
My over current light came on at the end of last year. I pulled my subs out of the box the other day to find that one of the wires hooked to the sub came off. I would start there. Joe