Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through January 12, 2008

Old     (razzman)      Join Date: Dec 2006       11-02-2007, 7:22 AM Reply   
Well here's another offshore scammer at it again! You just have to love these guys for their tenacity at trying get your money!

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/boa/466352193.html

And of course the responce (i love messing with these guys :-))

Hello,
First of all thank you for your interest in my boat.
Let me tell you that my boat is in excellent working condition, no scratches, no dents and it has clear title, manuals, and all the original documentation included, which will be delivered along with the boat.
The boat is still with the shipping company(kept in a storage facility) in the US and it's ready to be delivered. I decided to sell my boat for a personal reason which involves also the fact that I have to move out of the country.The price for the boat is $12000.
Mail me soon and let me know if you are interested,
Thank You!

(Message edited by razzman on November 02, 2007)
Old     (coldlake)      Join Date: Oct 2006       11-02-2007, 8:16 AM Reply   
wow i've been trying to find a boat with

SLEEK FUTURISTIC LOOKS

and this is such a good price. The Malibu dealer was trying to quote me extra for the SLEEK FUTURISTIC LOOKS package.

that story has gotten old
Old     (matt_t)      Join Date: Oct 2007       11-02-2007, 12:03 PM Reply   
I emailed him to get more info this what kind of scam he is trying to run
Hello,

The boat is kept in a storage facility in Fort Wayne, IN.I have paid all the taxes and the boat is ready to be delivered.
I have done some researching and the best way to close the deal is through eBay.
We will use eBay and you have to make the payment in a eBay trusted bank account.
The funds will be secured until the boat is delivered to you, with a proper executed title.
The boat will arrive within 7,8 days at your home address and you will have another 5 days inspection period.
The deposit is fully refundable so if the boat isn't as described or if you can find anything wrong with it (hidden defects, scratches, rust, oil leaks) then you will get your money back, no questions asked.
If you are ready to purchase my boat i need your full name and address to open the case.

Thanks Mark
Old     (baschralper)      Join Date: Dec 2001       11-02-2007, 12:08 PM Reply   
ad is gone already.
Old     (matt_t)      Join Date: Oct 2007       11-02-2007, 12:20 PM Reply   
but he still sending email to me.
Old     (razzman)      Join Date: Dec 2006       11-02-2007, 12:32 PM Reply   
Those little Liberian 10 year olds are tenacious!
Old     (newty)      Join Date: May 2005       11-02-2007, 6:12 PM Reply   
I love flagging those A-holes. Saw them here on Portland CL all the time.
Old     (nasty530)      Join Date: Aug 2007       11-02-2007, 7:43 PM Reply   
There english is improving. Little bastards have been hard at work. Sounds pretty convincing except the price. Why do they always shoot their load with a price that is more than aggressive?
Old     (westsiderippa)      Join Date: Dec 2006       11-02-2007, 7:51 PM Reply   
i finnaly got an email but he wont respond now that i said im ready to come see it.

Hello,
First of all thank you for your interest in my boat.
Let me tell you that my boat is in excellent working condition, no scratches, no dents and it has clear title, manuals, and all the original documentation included, which will be delivered along with the boat.
The boat is still with the shipping company(kept in a storage facility) in the US and it's ready to be delivered. I decided to sell my boat for a personal reason which involves also the fact that I have to move out of the country.The price for the boat is $12000.
Mail me soon and let me know if you are interested,
Thank You!
Old     (nasty530)      Join Date: Aug 2007       11-02-2007, 8:04 PM Reply   
No dents!?! Wells that damn good that it doesnt have any dents. Must have the upgraded deluxe package with the chrome sheet metal hood scoops!!
Old     (newty)      Join Date: May 2005       11-02-2007, 8:07 PM Reply   
Posted again.. Flagged again!

http://portland.craigslist.org/wsc/boa/467283055.html

Very futuristic!!
Old     (supra)      Join Date: Aug 2002       11-03-2007, 3:52 PM Reply   
I decided mess with one of these scammers to see how far it would go, I gave him my work address, slightly phoney name etc. He sent me a check through DHL and was very percistant that I sent the remainder money through western union, I told him that the DHL envolope was empty and there was no check, so he assured me that he would send another one as long as I send the remainder money through western union, he ended up sending me 2 checks, both checks were from a radio staions address and a well know senators name on the check,funny thing is I took the check to the bank ( Wa Mu ) and they said it was a real check that was altered with phoney name and address, but the acct number was a real one that was closed a year before.I continued to mess with the scammer until he must have figured out that I was messing with him, I was out a trip to the bank, he was out to phoney checks and 2 shipments to me. He lost more money then me.. Screw scammers!
Old     (westsiderippa)      Join Date: Dec 2006       11-03-2007, 4:27 PM Reply   
nicely done kevin, nicely done!
Old     (mars)      Join Date: Aug 2005       11-05-2007, 10:52 AM Reply   
Nicely done...
Here's how some hard core scambaiters do it.
http://www.419eater.com/
The painted breast tale in particular is excellent.
http://www.419eater.com/html/joe_eboh.htm
Enjoy!

(Message edited by mars on November 05, 2007)

(Message edited by mars on November 05, 2007)
Old     (westsiderippa)      Join Date: Dec 2006       11-05-2007, 11:24 AM Reply   
that is f---ing cool, im in bro. we should get d.williams to start an entire board for this 'boat scammers" and we could swap stories about these yahoo's.
Old     (yager97)      Join Date: Feb 2007       11-05-2007, 12:41 PM Reply   
I just killed about 2 hours at work reading that prince joe scam baiter, that was sweet
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       11-05-2007, 1:42 PM Reply   
Andrew, me too.

I cant believe how detailed that guy got. I almost felt sorry for the scammer, because he was getting owned so bad and lost $80(which is probably a lot for him).